Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

WORLDS' FINEST

• 78 results
    Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

Though I am not a fan at all of the New 52, it's pretty clear: those two should go back to Earth-2. In this new universe, having both Supergirl and Power Girl in the same space just diminishes the unique situation PG has. Here's my idea:

If James Robinson hadn't already penned the introduction of the new Earth-2's second Batman, bringing PG and the Huntress back to Earth-Two would be an easier means of giving that earth back it's Bat-Family representative. Both she and PG could succeed their late father and cousin respectively, and with the addition of the new Fury (who, like the Pre-Crisis Infinity Inc. member, is WW's daughter), Earth-2 would then have its trinity. BUT, Robinson can still stick to his guns and let the new Alan Scott, Jay Garrick, and Hawkgirl take the lead should the JSA be formed, and with the addition of the new Dr. Fate, Al Pratt, Wildcat, Captain Steel, and the aforementioned trinity, you've got yourself a JSA that's good to meet the Nu52 Justice League.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#52  Edited By PowerGirlFan

Amazing that there could be such lengthy discussion about this series. Twelve issues go by with rarely even one thread about any of them and now a thread of fifty-two posts on the same day. Really, what is there to say about this series? It's dull and senseless.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

1. Fire Levitz

2. Put Palmiotti on the book

3. Stand back and watch the magic happen

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

I think the series would have a more interesting concept if it moved Huntress and PG back to Earth 2. I'd be far more interested in reading about the two remaining a team after having experienced the main universe. There would be more opportunity to explore some of the interesting relationships back on Earth 2 (Batman-Catwoman-Helena).

Also, I really hate that Helena Wayne replaced Bertinelli altogether. So here's to hoping we get her back soon.

MaidenFate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wow, Sara...

i guess you liked what i said on your review of issue 12 since you used my exact words.

RedQueen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

User Lists: 6

bad to good? HA! that's a load of crap. this series has had only 1 decent issue. rest toilet paper.

My count is three.... #0,#10 and #12. So it's kind of bad,bad e.t.c good, bad e.t.c...good,bad,good. But I guess that was too long of a title.

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4: sexual innuendo?can you has these scans?

I not read powergirl new 52 comics,but i think PG always funny,she just dirty jokes

Avatar image for deactivated-60ae841330527
    deactivated-60ae841330527

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know what could save the series?

Replacing Powergirl with Superman and Huntress with Batman! Problem solved!

=p

GrandHarrier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm enjoying this series. It's had some rocky issues but it's definitely finding its feet.

Avatar image for necrotic_lycanthrope
    Necrotic_Lycanthrope

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 11

Easy. Stop kissing the butt of DC writers who think they're Jesus incarnate (much like several Marvel writers that everyone knows but I shall not repeat here) and get writers who have track records of pumping out GOOD stuff.

Heck, take a look at independent titles. They're relatively newcomers and those writers pump more hits then the constant rehashing of storylines seen in the mainstream groups.

HempKnight757

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By HempKnight757

This book use to be a big part of DC. Not anymore. I got the zero issue & I think the first issue. It is simple like others have said get James Robinson on the book. They don't have to come back to Earth 2 right away if he writes it. I think it would be cool if James gotta chance to mess around on Earth Prime or Earth 0 or whatever.

wmwadeii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2261

User Lists: 3

Isn't DC kind of shooting themselves in the foot with the issue of Powergirl's costume? They changed it to placate the people who hated the boob window, but then they have her losing her clothes every issue. That just makes her look like some kind of idiot that can't keep her clothes on. Then there is the matter of how this Powergirl got her money. They ended up making things worse.

DC seems to think on very superficial levels. It's not all about what they character wears. It's about who they are and act like. As Corey pointed out, EMPOWERED was a satire.

I was thinking the same about PG. Since I never read DC I always thought of her as DCs erotic/sexy version of Supergirl. Never understood the bigger chest and boob window. So with New 52 its like the take the sexualization to a different level by ripping off her clothes. Since this is the first time I had read her in a book it compounded my original belief. If this is not her then they really have messed up her character.

Aero_gt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Had to post after seeing, "The series has fluctuated from bad to good, so what needs to happen to make this series more consistent?" Fire the writers, hire the new or older PG/ Huntress writers, (hell even Winick is better), that fling PG has or had with Mr. Terrific can stop too, his book sucked also. I want a mature Powergirl and a not so sheltered Huntress, Maybe Geoff Johns and (bare with me)Gail Simone could write these books could do a better job seeing as his JSA is Solid, He is the Alpha and Omega of the GL book, Shazam is great and Gail is very good with Birds of Prey which has Huntress.

rav4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

@wmwadeii said:

@foxxfireart said:

Isn't DC kind of shooting themselves in the foot with the issue of Powergirl's costume? They changed it to placate the people who hated the boob window, but then they have her losing her clothes every issue. That just makes her look like some kind of idiot that can't keep her clothes on. Then there is the matter of how this Powergirl got her money. They ended up making things worse.

DC seems to think on very superficial levels. It's not all about what they character wears. It's about who they are and act like. As Corey pointed out, EMPOWERED was a satire.

I was thinking the same about PG. Since I never read DC I always thought of her as DCs erotic/sexy version of Supergirl. Never understood the bigger chest and boob window. So with New 52 its like the take the sexualization to a different level by ripping off her clothes. Since this is the first time I had read her in a book it compounded my original belief. If this is not her then they really have messed up her character.

Yeah, this is NOT her at all. If you want to read the real, fun, smart, capable Power Girl, check out her solo series, specifically the first twelve issues. Very good characterization, and the stories are tons of fun.

BatWatch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 238

#65  Edited By BatWatch

I definitely agree that the Finest need to expand on the girls past and their role in the current universe, but the series has some other troubles. First up, let's see Power Girl actually be challenged for once. She has not had a single good fight in...twelve issues or is it ten? regardless, way too long. The only time I've ever seen Power Girl and Huntress actually fight together was in issue twelve. Most of the time, they barely even see each other. The girls have good chemistry, so let's actually see them interacting. It would also be nice to see the series have one artist. I do not like seeing the giant art shifts. Finally, I would not mind some flashbacks to the girls past, but every single flashback has been completely meaningless to the overall story. It tells us nothing meaningful about the girls and has no impact on the present.

@aero_gt said:

Had to post after seeing, "The series has fluctuated from bad to good, so what needs to happen to make this series more consistent?" Fire the writers, hire the new or older PG/ Huntress writers, (hell even Winick is better), that fling PG has or had with Mr. Terrific can stop too, his book sucked also. I want a mature Powergirl and a not so sheltered Huntress, Maybe Geoff Johns and (bare with me)Gail Simone could write these books could do a better job seeing as his JSA is Solid, He is the Alpha and Omega of the GL book, Shazam is great and Gail is very good with Birds of Prey which has Huntress.

I'm on board with all of that, and as you implied, I think Babs is being charitable by saying this book has fluctuated in quality unless you are talking about fluctuating between different degrees of suck.

For more news, reviews, and commentary for the entire Bat Family, check out BatWatch.net.

dcguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By dcguy

This serie didn't work well . Despite the fact that it's connect with Earth 2 which is one of the best new 52 series Levitz hasn't Robinson's talent. They have some options for rescue the serie.

Option 1: Send this Duo Earth 2 back and make them part of it's stories.

Option 2: Change the writer , replace him a writer who familiar the characters.

Option 3: Maybe it's my opinion but I think this two haven't a good chemistry , replace this duo with Batgirl and Supergirl or Red Robin and Superboy . Make PG's solo series. For PG , she never intrested me until infinite crisis and I really liked her . I checked her solo serie and with JSA stories , they are not bad . Now the point is PG should return solo serie or send only her back Earth 2 , she works better this way. For Huntress, I know nothing about pre crisis Huntress , I'm familiar with Bertinelli and she was awesome., if they scraped Bertinelli then make Helena Wayne a part of Bat family . She should interact with them after all she lost her family in Earth 2 , that's pointless sending her back Earth 2 .

Actually DC really missed a good idea. After Damian's dead introduce Huntress to Batman's new partner, change the title Batman and Huntress. It has much more potential like Helena can see how his father and this Batman works different .

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

i get justin jimmy and amanda conner back.

ScarletBatman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By ScarletBatman

@dcguy said:

Actually DC really missed a good idea. After Damian's dead introduce Huntress to Batman's new partner, change the title Batman and Huntress. It has much more potential like Helena can see how his father and this Batman works different .

IMO, Batman and... Is going to be canceled come October, in favor of DC's new push for a weekly Batman title.

Avatar image for docluthorvondoom
    DocLuthorVonDoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was a big fan of Helena Bertinelli's character. With a career that often skirted the line between hero and murderous vigilante she was a good foil to Batman, and an interesting love interest for Nightwing. I know a lot of characters are m.i.a since the reboot, but it seemed completely unnecessary to re-write her origins to resemble the original Huntress...or the second Huntress if you count Paula Brooks. I've picked up a couple issues of World's Finest, it wasn't anything special, but again I may just be missing Bertinelli and am biased. I mean we had 30 something years of Bertinelli developing as a character, and in the blink of an eye, with no proper end given to the character whatsoever, she's gone. But I suppose we can say this of a lot of characters: Wally West, Montoya, Stephanie Brown, Donna Troy, Crispus Allen, Mon El, The other Nightwing, Flamebird, Cassandra Caine, all of Shadowpact Connor Hawke...I could go on.

Sinestro2814

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By Sinestro2814

Ah yes, let's bring back the old Power girl shall we? The one with the insanely impossible bra size. The one that was best rendered to what the fanboys wanted from JLE, right? And Bertinelli? Really? The fake Huntrees is best left as a burned I.D. card.

Folks, I haven't checked yet, but are y'all bashing Earth two as badly as this title? The entire new 52 thing was to give the universe a reboot and an update. That tends to mean changes. I like what DC has done with Earth two. I do agree WF needs better writing (Let Levitz keep working on Legion.), but there are many aspects of the series that I can see possibilities in.

As to the disconnect from the rest of the DCU, for this title to work they need to stretch that out until DC decides to either let the girls go home to Earth two or that there is no way home for them. If it is no way home, then I agree with what at least one has said here, put them in the League. Put them feet first into the DCU. Maybe as core members to a new incarnation of the Outsiders? Maybe have said team assembled by the Bat himself, allowing Huntress and PG to lead them? Just a couple of my own thoughts on it.

Just throwing in my own two cents......

PowerWoman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ravager4: eh..hello?is PG just say some dirty jokes?

charlieboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

I enjoy this series. I know it is not the best but I don't think it is as bad as some people suggest. I like it every month and the Supergirl crossover was pretty awesome so far.

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The whole idea of the reboot was to get rid of all the continuity patch-ups, so why did they keep Earth Two at all? Earth Two was devised as a means of moving the DCU into the next era of real-world history and removing some older superheroes from the main titles and revamping some they kept. Why is the DCnU bothering with E2?

Not that I think they should have discarded PG. She could have been given an "Earth One" origin, which she did have previously at times.

The_Vein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By The_Vein

The return of the boob widow makes me want to read this series less.

Avatar image for knightofthechronicle
    knightofthechronicle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 3

I don't read the series, but just as a question over her new 52 suit, the one that was always tearing apart, was it Kryptonian in origin? I mean, if the suit was Kryptonian then it would never have ripped in the first place right. So hopefully now that she's got her old costume, which I'm assuming is Kryptonian in origin, shouldn't it stop tearing apart now?

PowerGirlFan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't read the series, but just as a question over her new 52 suit, the one that was always tearing apart, was it Kryptonian in origin? I mean, if the suit was Kryptonian then it would never have ripped in the first place right. So hopefully now that she's got her old costume, which I'm assuming is Kryptonian in origin, shouldn't it stop tearing apart now?

PG's original costume sometimes used to be torn in pre-52 stories, strangely. I won't complain if it does.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I reckon I'm one of the few who looks forward to this series every month. I don't think it's anything spectacular but I do really like both of the characters. I hope it doesn't get cancelled, it just needs a new creative team.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I made a thread a while ago about who should be the new writers for Worlds Finest. The general consensus is that Palmiotti and Gray should be put on the book. It still boggles my mind that they were put on Batwing instead of it just being cancelled (but DC can't cancel a Batbook even though it is one of their lowest sellers)

DocFishstick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A writer that cares about the characters would help a lot. I would like to see Helena meet Bruce.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.