why is pg awesome to you guys.

• 61 results
#1 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i like pg cause shes a strong woman who takes no crap from anyone. plus her figure is so yummy to i might add. i think pg is a little more sure of herself then her younger self supergirl.
#2 Posted by The Stegman (25031 posts) - - Show Bio

She's funny, smart, self confident, self dependent, isn't in Superman's shadow, sexy, strong, a good person, a great business woman and stands firm in her beliefs

#3 Posted by cattlebattle (12986 posts) - - Show Bio

She needs a new outfit, Superman has an S, Batman has a bat, Wonder Woman has 2 W's. Power Girl has......cleavage

#4 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

She's a take-no-shit powerhouse who also happens to have one of the best possible female physiques and a great costume to accentuate said physique.

#5 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

cause she's hot and kicks ass. 

#6 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

She's smart.
She's hot.
She's ambitious.
She's a modern woman without being trite about it.

#7 Posted by Darkmount1 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Aside from the stuff already mentioned, I like her (she's my No.2 favorite DC character) because she's the ultimate survivor--think about it. She, for some reason, was not erased by Crisis on Infinite Earths (why, I've no clue, will have to ask Marv Wolfman), got shuffled through two origins that tried to stick, and returned to her original origin. And she's never been happier, yet at the same time, acknowledges that she, along with Donna Troy and Lady Quark, are the last survivors of an entire multiverse, as opposed to some characters being mere survivors of an entire planet.
#8 Posted by EmmaGrace (1024 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:
She needs a new outfit, Superman has an S, Batman has a bat, Wonder Woman has 2 W's. Power Girl has......cleavage
Well aren't their emblems suppose to be symbolic of the character? I say it's perfect. 
#9 Posted by Mercy_ (92857 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheCrowbar said:
She's smart. She's hot. She's ambitious. She's a modern woman without being trite about it.
+1
Moderator Online
#10 Posted by Ravek (2937 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:

She's a take-no-shit powerhouse who also happens to have one of the best possible female physiques and a great costume to accentuate said physique.

This ^
#11 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@LoganRogue24 said:
i like pg cause shes a strong woman who takes no crap from anyone. plus her figure is so yummy to i might add. i think pg is a little more sure of herself then her younger self supergirl.
*thumbs up*
#12 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman said:
She's funny, smart, self confident, self dependent, isn't in Superman's shadow, sexy, strong, a good person, a great business woman and stands firm in her beliefs
this! i think she is one of the best charecter from DC
#13 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio
@cattlebattle said:

What's wrong with cleavage? 

BB

#14 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

@cattlebattle said:

What's wrong with cleavage?

BB

Nothing, don't let people fool you son.

Cleavage is one of God's many gifts to the world and should be glorified, both the drawn and physical varieties.

#15 Posted by Billy Batson (58152 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost:  

ALL HAIL. 

BB

#16 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost: Absolutely.
#17 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

Beautiful, powerful, sense of humor, what's not to love?

#18 Posted by Heckfire (20 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she's her own hero. She survived the Crisis, she survived the Atlantean thing, she basically created herself from scratch and stands in no one's shadow, from her first appearance up through the end of her last solo book. She's fucking AWESOME.

Even if she has no fashion sense. :D

#19 Posted by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

boobies O_O

#20 Posted by dboyrules2011 (13925 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

She's smart. She's hot. She's ambitious. She's a modern woman without being trite about it.
#21 Posted by The Devil Tiger (1263 posts) - - Show Bio

She's funny, sexy, smart and badass. 

She look slightly different than the other girls in comics, but she doesn't take herself too seriously, and she's not a peremptory ice-queen.
#22 Posted by Joygirl (20063 posts) - - Show Bio

"Fill my hole, Superman." -- There's no way that couldn't have been on purpose. No. Way. Also, relevant to the topic: bewbs.

#23 Posted by super_psycho (2792 posts) - - Show Bio

@Adnan said:

@cattlebattle said:

This has actually been referred to in the comics:

It only resulted in more jokes being made, but still lol

roflmao

#24 Posted by PowerHerc (85058 posts) - - Show Bio

Talk about innuendo!

#25 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

whoa what hole is she talking about lol.

#26 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm *cough* >.> <.<

#27 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

This song perfectly describes her:

#28 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85: I always thought that was about the butt.

#29 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio
@Daveyo520:  Nah, its about the whole package.
#30 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

Man sometimes I feel like I'm the only one that likes the character.

#31 Posted by Hector (446 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny, hot and can kick major ass!

#32 Posted by Mr_riddler (15734 posts) - - Show Bio
Big beautiful--

#33 Posted by TheCannon (19008 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

I agree. I've always liked smart women.

#34 Posted by Ms. Omega (4501 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Stegman said:

Agreed!!!

#35 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@cattlebattle: Lol

#36 Posted by Petey_is_Spidey (2864 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost: Someone should give you a medal.

#37 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@super_psycho said:

@Adnan said:

@cattlebattle said:

This has actually been referred to in the comics:

It only resulted in more jokes being made, but still lol

roflmao

That last panel is shopped. It should look like this:

That being said, it's still hilarious.

#38 Posted by Adnan (1037 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ravager4: That's a lot better, actually. Still funny, yeah, but much better. I was wondering how the hell what I posted could've made it onto shelves...
#39 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

She is more than just nice titts

#40 Posted by blackadamFTW (7867 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerHerc said:

#41 Posted by OmegaRed86 (505 posts) - - Show Bio

Masturbation Fodder.

#42 Posted by oraclefyre (936 posts) - - Show Bio

She's confident, strong and sexy without any pretentiousness.

#43 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

@OmegaRed86: That too.

#44 Edited by dboyrules2011 (13925 posts) - - Show Bio

@The Devil Tiger said:

She's funny, sexy, smart and badass. She look slightly different than the other girls in comics, but she doesn't take herself too seriously.

#45 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she is an interesting character,kicks ass and she is hot.

#46 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

she is the anti-kryptonian. her heritage never weighs her down. she is the most human of the house of el.

#47 Posted by herrweis (435 posts) - - Show Bio

she is the "un" supergirl

the superman family member who is like not a member of the superman family

it gives the charecter freedom

plus the fact that she is written with this "all this and brains too" attitude

#48 Posted by dboyrules2011 (13925 posts) - - Show Bio

@WW-Fan said:

@The Stegman said:

this! i think she is one of the best charecter from DC

#49 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@herrweis said:

she is the "un" supergirl

the superman family member who is like not a member of the superman family

it gives the charecter freedom

plus the fact that she is written with this "all this and brains too" attitude

Well said on both counts. One thing about PG which always appealed to me was that she's the "other" Kryptonian, not just a female Superman or one of the family. This gave her a bit of mystery and freedom of potential.

People who take the boobs and costume as her defining features and dismiss her as just fan service aren't considering or noticing her other qualities. Though some who do recognize those qualities accuse her of being a "sexually empowered female protagonist" device, meaning they still think the boobs are her most important feature and are playing down her other qualities as secondary. This just indicates a hang-up about boobs or physically sexy females in general - except they don't go after other sexy female characters with big boobs and/or revealing costumes.

From her first appearance, PG was portrayed as powerful, capable and smart, though often comical. She's been around for 35 years - she couldn't have lasted that long on boobs alone.

#50 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

She is not awesome. Simply put

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.