Why couldn't this have been PG new costume!!

• 55 results
#1 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

This Power Girl design is by Stjepan Sejic which he posted on his deviant art page http://nebezial.deviantart.com/ (check out his other work because it's really awesome) This design seems so much better than what shes been given in worlds finest :(

#2 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

Because she doesn't play in a heavy metal band?

#3 Posted by AweSam (7373 posts) - - Show Bio
#4 Posted by Izaiah (5184 posts) - - Show Bio

Needs more blue.

#5 Posted by Ms. Omega (4425 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04 said:

This Power Girl design is by Stjepan Sejic which he posted on his deviant art page http://nebezial.deviantart.com/ (check out his other work because it's really awesome) This design seems so much better than what shes been given in worlds finest :(

Ok I like that a lot :)

#6 Posted by krspaceT (1466 posts) - - Show Bio

White tending to gray moraled PG

#7 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: Heavy metal band...what part of that cosume looks remotely heavy metal?

#8 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ms. Omega: You should look on his deviant art page, loads of beautiful comic work including some redesigned Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Poision Ivy art :D

#9 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Not even a costume that omfg amazing can fix her at this point, not with the current creative team. She would still be a disaster

#10 Posted by BlackArmor (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

It is allot better than what she has now, i'm not sure I like it more than her pre new 52 but it is really good

#11 Posted by EdBlank (492 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice. The new 52 costumes are trying too hard. Too many little seams and details. That's cool and all but it doesn't seem iconic. The Nike swoosh and the McDonalds arches are very simple but they say plenty. Heroes costumes should be simple and direct. Off topic: what's up with the little weirdo v-neck/mock neck thing that Bats, Super, GL, Aqua and whoever else is weraing now? ARE YOU KIDDING ME? They all shop at the same haberdashery shop now?

#12 Edited by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

Most importantly, you can tell this is Power Girl. Though clearly a different costume, you can look at this character and instantly know who it's supposed to be. You can't do that with the current PG. You look at her and go, who the eff is that? Case in point, I asked my friend on it, and he doesn't really follow comics much, but he knows who characters are, such as Power Girl. I showed him an image of the New 52 PG and told him to guess who it was, and guess what? He had no freaking clue, and not just because of the costume (though that was a large factor), but how she was drawn overall, which is nothing like how she was before. The only similarities she has with her pre-boot version is that she's a blonde woman.

#13 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

It looks worse than the one we have now.

#14 Posted by Aiden Cross (15562 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, though the original costume is still better.

#15 Posted by TDK_1997 (14649 posts) - - Show Bio

That costume looks really cool but I don't think it will fit with George Perez's work.

#16 Posted by cloudzackvincent (1026 posts) - - Show Bio

this is a really cool costume.... i dont really care about "iconic" and this costumes just..looks better

#17 Posted by The_Tree (7250 posts) - - Show Bio

I still prefer the one she had Pre-Flashpoint, but I really like this one, it's miles better than the current one.

#18 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1317 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by MrDirector786 (43493 posts) - - Show Bio

This costume does look better than the current one.

#20 Posted by ComicMan24 (147042 posts) - - Show Bio

Take away the red pants and then yes.

#21 Posted by Kastiel (8919 posts) - - Show Bio

Much better than the disaster we have to look at now. 

#22 Posted by Fuchsia_Nightingale (10180 posts) - - Show Bio

AWesome !

@ComicMan24 said:

Take away the red pants

#23 Posted by TheCannon (18276 posts) - - Show Bio

It's an amazing costume. I love it, but I still don't think anything compares to the old one.

#24 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

Huh...good question now that i see it.

#25 Posted by daredevil21134 (11361 posts) - - Show Bio

@azza04 said:

SEXY

#26 Posted by The Stegman (23785 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't even mind the costume, it's everything ELSE in the comic that's bad, the dialogue, the story, the art, all just horrible.

#27 Posted by jrock85 (2874 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad.

#28 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@EdBlank said:

Nice. The new 52 costumes are trying too hard. Too many little seams and details. That's cool and all but it doesn't seem iconic. The Nike swoosh and the McDonalds arches are very simple but they say plenty. Heroes costumes should be simple and direct.

I agree. The costume above is too busy . It looks "glam". Traditionally, comic-book super-heroes have had costumes which have simple, immediate visual impact. I prefer any of her pre-52 costumes to the one illustrated above. People here are probably impressed by the art, not the actual costume.

#29 Posted by derf_jenkins (393 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't mind the new 52 outfit at all.

#30 Posted by ClawFist (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually really like this outfit. Its very neo. I can see it simplified, but all an all its very cool outfit. The art is really good too.

#31 Posted by Joygirl (19295 posts) - - Show Bio

Better question: why couldn't it have been left the way it was?

#32 Posted by warpgirl (52 posts) - - Show Bio

I actually like the smaller boob window, it's still sexy without being over the top (pre DCnU) and much better than nonexistant like we have now.

#33 Posted by nirbu23 (39 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the current one better

#34 Posted by kapitein_zeppos (341 posts) - - Show Bio

It has my stamp of approval.

#35 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

Wasn’t the hole meaning the empty void that she is trying to fill but the way she said it was easy to be smartass for that remark. It is difficult to find the image as there allot of Power Girl images. It was bound to happen that she gets logo for herself to show that she over it. The question now ask is does the logo work?

#36 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

^ That reason was concocted long after the fact. A boob window is a boob window, not a symbol of a psychological void. Otherwise we would need to find psychological meanings for every superhero's costume design.

#37 Posted by MisterKetch (253 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a costume for a female hero that features pants for that reason alone I give it a 10/10

#38 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (12867 posts) - - Show Bio

because it sucks?

#39 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

Better question: why couldn't it have been left the way it was?

Good point.

#40 Edited by xxxddd (3572 posts) - - Show Bio

@MrDirector786 said:

This costume does look better than the current one.

Is the best PG costume I've ever seen.

#41 Posted by evilvegeta74 (4523 posts) - - Show Bio

nice

#42 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

needs blue gloves and boots, a shorter cape, drop the P from her belt buckle/

#43 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to suggest some changes.

Now that's drawing.

#44 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (32993 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: she looks like a creepy pirate

#45 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I really like this look too. It says Power Girl with a little refinement.

Love the work of Stjepan Sejic

#46 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@PowerGirlFan: she looks like a creepy pirate

Lol that she does, hearty! Except I don't see the creepy part. I'd say she looks like a sexy pirate.

#47 Posted by Dernman (14898 posts) - - Show Bio

This like a lot of other fan versions are better then the costume we have now.

#48 Posted by JayJayCAW (239 posts) - - Show Bio

I miss the old costume, though I still think she should have a "S" symbol somewhere on her costume, it is her family crest after all

#49 Posted by GunGunW (996 posts) - - Show Bio

If the pants were blue I'd really like it

#50 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@GunGunW said:

If the pants were blue I'd really like it

like this?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.