Who should be the new writer for World's Finest?

#1 Posted by RDClip (1137 posts) - - Show Bio

I think any PG fan would agree that she (and to a lesser extent Huntress) has been written very badly and out of character. I understand that the new52 is a hard reboot (not a relaunch, a REBOOT) but it seems very little of her personality has been preserved from all the great character development she got in JSA and her own series.

So, who you you guys think would be a better writer for World's Finest?

Personally, I would absolutely love for Palmiotti and Grey to write for her again. Failing that some other witter and clever writer. I'm currently reading Birds of Prey v1 and Gail Simone would be great. So, would Chuck Dixon (though I read he has problems with DC), he evern wrote one of my favourite PG stories, BoP #42.

#2 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

Definitely love the idea of Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray writing her again, but the one thing that I'd kill to see, is Amanda Conner drawing her again. Gail Simone is a great choice too.

#3 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

The correct answer: Anyone who won't write her as a sleezy dimwit.

That being said, Gray/Palmiotti is the top choice, or Gail Simone.

#4 Posted by The_Tree (7727 posts) - - Show Bio

I came in here to post Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti, I guess I'm not alone!

#5 Posted by judasnixon (6651 posts) - - Show Bio

Peter David. That man can write smart, funny, likable characters like nobodies business. His X-Factor has to be Marvels most underrated book. If he can't make Power Girl and Huntress enjoyable to read, I don't know who can.......

#6 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Joss Whedon, Stan Lee, Jimmy Palmiotti, Justin Gray

#7 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Gray and Palmiotti were doing a great job,so I want them back.

#8 Posted by darkrider (456 posts) - - Show Bio

Justin Gray and Jimmy Palmiotti

#9 Posted by Darkmount1 (1279 posts) - - Show Bio

Let Kelly Sue DeConnick take a crack at her. She's written Supergirl, why not Power Girl? Other than her, I'd also try:

-Louise Simonson

-Andy Hartnell

-Brian Clevinger

#10 Posted by daredevil21134 (12110 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring Helena Bertinelli back and let Gail Simone write it

#11 Posted by judasnixon (6651 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just throwing it out there, but I wouldn't mind seeing Frank Cho drawing a few issues here and there.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.