who is reading Power Girl?

#1 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

just wondering who are reading her series? and what dose anyone think about the series so far?
#2 Posted by junkmasterzero (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, it's consistently fun.

#3 Posted by achilles100 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@junkmasterzero said:
" I like it, it's consistently fun. "
This.
#4 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (589 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy it. The tone of the book changed considerably when the creative team changed. I enjoyed it with the old group and I think the current team is also doing very well on the book.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the few I buy regularly .I like it but it side tracks quite a bit

#6 Posted by PowerHerc (83461 posts) - - Show Bio

I read it.
#7 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

I do.

#8 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I used to read it...

#9 Edited by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

I love power girl's personality, along with the new art after issue 12. but not really that interested the storyline with maxwell lord involved in.

#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

i do, i know most people aren't happy with the max lord story going on now but i think it's pretty good, i never read JLI so it's pretty intresting to see her interact with them, actually might and go find some JLI trades in the future

#11 Posted by ScarletWitcher (34 posts) - - Show Bio

+1

#12 Posted by Carradinebatman (40 posts) - - Show Bio

hmm...power girl  can anyone tell me if it's good read still new to the comic book thing.

#13 Posted by yeopop (631 posts) - - Show Bio

I do.
#14 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio

I read it but I am a few issues behind. I am still sort of annoyed Jimmy Palmiott/Amanda Conner are no longer doing the book, I was really fond of their run! I will still give new creative team a chance though.  Plus as some posts (Mechanical_Ape) above confirm it still sounds pretty good, so fingers crossed.  (as well as thank you fellow posters) 

@Carradinebatman said:

" hmm...power girl  can anyone tell me if it's good read still new to the comic book thing. "

Hrrm, well do you like Power Girl? I am not sure how much the last couple of issues have changed, but what I have read has also been quite fun. Power Girl reminds me a lot of She Hulk, another favorite character of mine. I am more of a Batman over Superman kind of comic reader though, and then a Harley Quinn over Batman, and then a Marvel over DC type reader.  

I would say if the Power Girl character interests you lightly, and you don't mind a fun book, it should be good start for someone new.   

@yeopop said:
" I do. "

Ah well we have similar tastes, lol ^_^
#15 Posted by Mechanical_Ape (589 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a fun book, and I guess that's what I like most about it. If you're looking for violent action and grim storylines, you probably won't enjoy it. If you're looking to see Superman get pooped out of a dinosaur, then you should pick up this month's issue.

#16 Posted by SC (13105 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mechanical_Ape said:
" It's a fun book, and I guess that's what I like most about it. If you're looking for violent action and grim storylines, you probably won't enjoy it. If you're looking to see Superman get pooped out of a dinosaur, then you should pick up this month's issue. "

LMAO, I am going to go get my stack of comics now to find that.  

I like action and grim, but a balance. Like you say, I think Power Girl, I sort of want some witty light fun and character savvy writing. 
#17 Posted by achilles100 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@Unwritten Duck: Yeah, well, like all the most interesting characters, she has flaws.  One of them is some level of insecurity, that seems to crop up most often when she's in close contact with Superman.  Which is not all that surprising, considering her history.  True, she should have figured it out on her own, but then again, Superman has a lot more experience with magic than she does, and seems to know how it feels.  She might not.

And having her admire Superman doesn't demean her any more than having Wonder Woman admire PG herself demeans Diana.  Nothing she said about him is out of line with how the general hero population feels about him, or how someone who is his sort of cousin would feel about him.
#18 Posted by UltraHeroix (155 posts) - - Show Bio

i enjoy the Powergirl series, the first writer and artist of the series were really good but the stories has continued to be pretty enjoyable.

#19 Posted by Hot (12 posts) - - Show Bio
Fun, fun, fun... Yeah, I read it.
#20 Posted by zephyr (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Powergirl's series is amazing fun; before i read it; I felt like she was always serious ya now; but her series fleshes out her personality more. It's soooooooo fun to read.

#21 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@mr.obvious said:
"

I used to read it...

"
Was it because the creative team changed after issue #12? Yeah I can see that but issue #21 marked the end of the Generation Lost tie-ins. Issue #22 was pretty good. You should check it out.
#22 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC said:
" @mr.obvious said:
"

I used to read it...

"
Was it because the creative team changed after issue #12? Yeah I can see that but issue #21 marked the end of the Generation Lost tie-ins. Issue #22 was pretty good. You should check it out. "

Yeah, thats prob the main reason why I stopped reading it  =P
#23 Posted by mollyroger (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Like someone else alluded to, PG always seemed like this kind of humorless fighting machine but seeing her humorous side has been awesome.  It's my favorite title now
#24 Edited by ZoddGuts (74 posts) - - Show Bio

Took me awhile to adjust to the current team but so far I like it. I do prefer the original team run but this new team isn't bad. Things have started to pick up for the series since issue 17 and has gotten better since that issue.

#25 Posted by Gold Dust Boi (516 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this Power Girl better then the Marvel one? Because she was pretty lame...

#26 Posted by ZoddGuts (74 posts) - - Show Bio

It's a fun series, more people need to check it out.

#27 Posted by achilles100 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

If you go for things like Zatanna having a "magic" line on her cell, or her ring tone being "Every Little Thing She Does is Magic", as sort of throwaway lines, or dinos wearing lumberjack outfits and carrying axes, well then Power Girl is the title for you! 

If you like grim and gritty, it might not be...

#28 Posted by GundamHeavyarms (701 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy power girl's book.  The first 12 issues were fun.  I havent read any of the new stuff yet (I collect in trade, and the new one doesnt come out until June)  However, from what i've seen on scans here, Winnick keeps the fun light vibe that the first run had.  Its a breath of fresh air from all the grim gritty angsty psuedo-realistic comics out there. 

#29 Posted by achilles100 (205 posts) - - Show Bio
@GundamHeavyarms: Winck does indeed keep the light fun vibe, while throwing in some actual superheroics.  But like I said, magic dinosaurs...definitely not on the grim and gritty side of things.
#30 Posted by Xenozoic Shaman (410 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read the first two compilation books, which together include #1-12.  They were amazingly funny.  Loved the writing and the art was great.  I also own issues #19-24, but I refuse to read them until "Power Girl: Bomb Squad" is released this June.  (Containing #13-18)  I hope the writing is still good in issues #13 onward.  The art looks different, but I still like it.

Primarily, I love Power Girl because she doesn't seem as "near perfect" as her cousin, and well... as I've said, the humor is fabulous.  I'm actually not that big a fan of the whole enlarged chest thing, but it makes for some great jokes, and I'm glad the writers have had fun with that.  Some of the "solutions" that PG comes up with, or is forced to choose are quite different.  The cameo of four television characters in issue #4 was a great highlight.  I'm looking forward to continued humor, and hoping for increased plot complexity in the future.
#31 Posted by harleyquinn12 (1767 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's just say if you like fun, then you would love this book. Easily one of the best books being published. While The Gray/Palmiotti Conner run might be a bit better, Winnick and Basri hae been doing a great job too.
#32 Posted by mrtrickster (2307 posts) - - Show Bio

it got better after the maxwell lord event.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.