Unscripted Review: Power Girl #12

#1 Posted by LightBright (4297 posts) - - Show Bio

I really have to start reading Power Girl now. 

#2 Posted by lostlantern13 (860 posts) - - Show Bio

I agreed with G-Man, it was great but it was definitely hindered by being a wrap-up/re-visiting issue since the creative team was leaving. Tons of fun though.  

I hope the next creative team can continue to focus on PG's personality as they flesh out her corner of the DCU. This team did a great job of injecting a lot of personality that caught a lot of people's attention. Really surprised that I found myself picking up issues of Power Girl every month.

#3 Posted by Benzo (621 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm really gonna miss the creative team! :(

#4 Posted by ImperiousRix (1069 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see if they collect these, because it looked like a really fun run.  I'm definitely really digging the artwork. 
If Judd Winnick is up next, I think the series should be in good hands, though.

#5 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3553 posts) - - Show Bio

I have to say that looking at Powergirl's spa outfit. What men would wear was FAR from my mind.

Here's hoping the new team follows the previous one's lead.

#6 Posted by simonchan (100 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm sounds promising...

#7 Posted by The Sadhu (853 posts) - - Show Bio

The creative team will be missed.... lets hope the next team doesn't botch it up!
#8 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (19714 posts) - - Show Bio

This could have been a lot more, but was a worthy end to this run, gonna miss Jimmy, Justin and most definitely Amanda. Don't screw up Winick

#9 Posted by Preacherl2k (460 posts) - - Show Bio

I've followed this Comic from issue no 1 and This team is going to be sorely missed I say!!
They've COMPLETELY changed Power Girl and what I thought of her in my mind!
Lets hope the new team can keep up and keep it going??!?!

#10 Posted by doordoor123 (3721 posts) - - Show Bio

Automatically i would normally say no to this series, but i heard from some friends that the first couple issues were great. I picked up one issue and fell in love. Im a guy and i like this series? Never thought i would. This creative team was amazing. These guys should write for Deadpool and make it funny again. Im really hoping the next team doesnt ruin this series for me. 
P.S. I really felt like Amanda Conner gave us a different side to Power Girl with her art. I want to read anything else she draws to see her interpretations of other characters. I guess she got another fan from this series. :)

#11 Posted by HaHaManHV (234 posts) - - Show Bio

You bend your comics??? Noooooo! The horror!

#12 Posted by sora_thekey (8161 posts) - - Show Bio
@LightBright said:
" I really have to start reading Power Girl now.  "
Same here...
#13 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

I had a feeling you guys would review PG #12    Thanks!!  ^_^

When I read it the first time I had the same opinion as G-Man. I wanted more, I wanted PG & Satanna to clash again. But once I thought about it and read it a few more times, this was definitely a more ideal way to wrap things up. Felt like the season finale of comedy-drama series, the only thing missing was the credits. 

#14 Posted by mattydeNero (525 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought that this issue should've had more bang.  I just thought that the beginning was a little dull as far as the dialogue(def. not the art =).  This has been a fantastic series.  It's sad that Gray/Palmiotti/Conner are off the series but I think Judd Winnick can get the job done.
#15 Posted by spiderguylll (620 posts) - - Show Bio

G-Man has more energy than normal....

#16 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

im gonna miss the team :(, i hope the next creative team can keep up the amazing job as conner and palmiotti

#17 Posted by Big (330 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl is  hot! I saw "Batman and Superman:Public Enemies" which I loved and bought, and I thought, "woah, what a body!" She seems so innocent and naive, and then she rips into one of the heroes when he attacks Batman. Love it!
#18 Posted by 00 Raiser (442 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl or Supergirl. My vote is Supergirl. Oh and why in the world is Powergirl's boobs so freaking big.

#19 Posted by Soldier zero (250 posts) - - Show Bio

I admit I wasn't a fan of Power Girl before this serie. I always felt that she lacked both a precise niche in the DCU - being the zillionth Kryptonian style fltying brick - and she lacked a definite personality too. This serie completly reworked the character from the basics. Now I really hoep that the new creative team will do a decent work, but my expectations aren't too high.

#20 Edited by smalltropolis (22 posts) - - Show Bio

After issue #9 I bought #1-#8 and I really had a lot of fun!!!
A pity the creative team leaves...
But, I can´t wait to see Winick´s Power Girl turns up gay and had a hot affair with...Batwoman! ;)

#21 Posted by Psykhophear (251 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh no, say it isn't so! I love the current creative team especially Amanda Conner. Her artwork on the Power Girl issues are amazing. I hope this will not be a downfall to the series like Catwoman and Harley Quinn. When Jim Balent and the Dodsons left those projects, the new issues sucked really bad and they were never the same again. 

Is DC Comics not paying them enough?! Aaaarrgh!! XD

#22 Posted by afierce (257 posts) - - Show Bio

I have never been more sad to see a creative team go! They made me love a character I never cared for before and I don't want to see Power Girl take a step back... not that I think the next creative team will do that necessarily, just that I think it's going to be very hard to follow in Palmiotti/Conner's footsteps. I will definitely continue to buy this book now and hope that it keeps things up. These first 12 issues were my favorite comics of the past months by far!

#23 Posted by RedHurricane24 (235 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do I have a gut feeling that based on the solicits of the Winnick run of Power Girl, he's going to wreck her and give her another generic depressing scenario? That's all he does, he turned Mia into an HIV-positive person, he made Dick suspect if Bruce had something to do with his parents' murders, this man is always a mood kill. I hope I can be proven wrong.

#24 Posted by ILuvMsMarvel (109 posts) - - Show Bio

Message to new creative team: DON'T DROP THE BALL!

#25 Posted by AmazingSpiderMike (144 posts) - - Show Bio

This new creative team has some big "bras" to fill. (rim shot) *yeah I know bad joke

#26 Posted by SuperCoonce (425 posts) - - Show Bio

hell yeah powergirl! hot.

Staff
#27 Posted by jayshaw (48 posts) - - Show Bio

lame

#28 Posted by jayshaw (48 posts) - - Show Bio

WEEEEE!!!!!! positivity is fun!!!!

#29 Posted by Sandbox24 (36 posts) - - Show Bio

Kudos to Dr. Sivana.  

We salute your, sir.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.