Unscripted: Power Girl #10

#1 Posted by Clara Mass (8095 posts) - - Show Bio

Finally you review PG!!  The book is a breath of fresh air <3

#2 Posted by Bearded Justice (732 posts) - - Show Bio

wow two 5's?!  i must be crazy for not reading this!  i'll definitely get it in trades
#3 Posted by lostlantern13 (856 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how they referenced other storylines in the DCU. I love when books do that. 

This book is turning me into a Power Girl fan, so I hope the new creative team doesn't quickly turn me off of her. She does need her villains gallery fleshed out, but the book has been a lot of fun to read. Amanda Conner really makes me want to see a Power Girl animated series or movie.   

I'm sure long-time fans must be happy that she's getting all this attention.

#4 Posted by sora_thekey (8185 posts) - - Show Bio

I want to read this title now!
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@Clara Mass said:
" Finally you review PG!!  The book is a breath of fresh air <3 "
I'm pretty sure they reviewed #9 too...

but wow, I now feel disappointed I stopped reading after #1, granted I was only it in for the (expletive deleted), I had no idea it would turn into a good story
#6 Edited by Benzo (619 posts) - - Show Bio

This is such a great book !! :D, Amanda connor's art is just perfect for this book!!! 
Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray do a brilliant job on evolving power girl's character too!!! 
and like everyone else I am worried what the next creative team have in store for Power Girl on her book D: , 
I also have a feeling that the whole atmosphere of the book will change to a serious tone as well
But back on a better note.. Good Luck to the next creative team !!!!!!!! :D
Hope they do a good job on the book , in the near future( well there starting with issue 13 in fact lol) 

#7 Posted by Joe Venom (1275 posts) - - Show Bio

I kinda feel sorry for the flasher, thats the worst place for a guy to get frost bit

#9 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@G-Man said:
"
Clara Mass: 
Issue #9
  http://www.comicvine.com/power-girl-9-review/112-747/
Issue #7:
  http://www.comicvine.com/g-mans-lucky-seven-122109/112-612/
 Issue #4:
  http://www.comicvine.com/power-girl-4-review/112-394/ 
Issue #1:
  http://www.comicvine.com/power-girl-1/112-166/ "
ah the progression from a 3.5 to a 5 on the G-Man scale only for the creative team to move on, it's too bad, of course there's always the hope they've laid the groundwork needed for the next group to make an epic story!
#10 Posted by Decept-O (7292 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl hasn't been available at my LCBS so I don't know, may have to wait for a trade.  I don't want to, would like to read it, even though, like G-Man, I'm not a fan of the character  (but I enjoy drawing her).   Having the creative team that's currently  involved does make me want to get it.   

Not often you guys give a comic a 5 out of 5, let alone give the same rating.  

Love the comics  plastered on the wall behind you.

#11 Posted by FLStyle (365 posts) - - Show Bio

That's a big pair ... of fives. Oh yes.

#12 Posted by TheGhostofGarethGraves (33 posts) - - Show Bio

I've enjoyed this book since the beginning. Jimmy, Justin and Amanda are this title's (and decade's) Giffen, Dematteis and MacGuire. they bring such humor and FUN to a book that could really be just another serious, wannabe realistic super hero book, which is what I fear that the new team will try and make it.
#13 Posted by G-Man (18889 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: I think it really shows that they've made me like the character. (You can also see how far our reviews have come).

@FLStyle: That's almost like a 10 out of 5.

#14 Posted by ComiCCloseup (273 posts) - - Show Bio
@Clara Mass:
agreed. I have been saying that since issue 1 or well 3 but yeah good stuff
#15 Posted by Destinyhero20 (377 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this comic book
#16 Posted by FoxxFireArt (3404 posts) - - Show Bio

One of the advantages you get with manga. You get a creative team throughout a series run.

Though, with Powergirl it took some time for a good creative team. They get to experiment. Downside, they don't stay for long. Still, I feel like the next team should be given a fair shot.

#17 Posted by charlieboy (7096 posts) - - Show Bio

i have to say that i love this book. amanda conner's art is great. the story is well written. and i love the character of power girl in this book. i lke they play her soft and tough at the same time. if you remember in the past they portrayed pg as a major witch. so i think the character has come along way from being an earth two supergirl. love love this book.
#18 Posted by blackkitty (352 posts) - - Show Bio

What I love about this book is that it's being created by friends. Husband and wife, with their friend doing the drawing. How can you beat that kind of chemistry? And I think it really comes across in the book.

#19 Posted by mattydeNero (526 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure if this issue is a good jump on point, but it rocks the house.  PG is awesome and I don't think you should have to tease this issue("Does Terra survive this issue?" - c'mon guys). 

I wanna see GUILLEM MARCH draw this title.
#20 Posted by Mooned Knight (30 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember only picking up Power Girl #1 because I liked the character's costume. Seriously.

But I continually picked it up because of Conner's art and the writing, I too am waiting for what the next team does. I think Conner should move on to be a regular on one of the big books, JSA or JLA. 

Does anyone else know what other major titles she did that you would recommend?

#21 Posted by Bearded Justice (732 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mooned Knight said:
"I remember only picking up Power Girl #1 because I liked the character's costume. Seriously.  But I continually picked it up because of Conner's art and the writing, I too am waiting for what the next team does. I think Conner should move on to be a regular on one of the big books, JSA or JLA.   Does anyone else know what other major titles she did that you would recommend? "

they put out a trade with a bunch of stories about her origin.  it's worth getting if you like her.
#22 Posted by Scarecrow4 (463 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read power girl from the first issue and I'm really enjoying it...

#23 Posted by 123422 (1010 posts) - - Show Bio
@Benzo said:
" This is such a great book !! :D, Amanda connor's art is just perfect for this book!!! Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray do a brilliant job on evolving power girl's character too!!! and like everyone else I am worried what the next creative team have in store for Power Girl on her book D: , I also have a feeling that the whole atmosphere of the book will change to a serious tone as wellBut back on a better note.. Good Luck to the next creative team !!!!!!!! :DHope they do a good job on the book , in the near future( well there starting with issue 13 in fact lol)  "
So Winick and Basri is going to start at #13? Great, can't wait what this new team has in store, best of luck to them!
And enough time to part with Gray-Palmiotti-Conner, too. I'm definitely getting the next 2 issues!
#24 Posted by SUPER-MAN 23 (2196 posts) - - Show Bio

Amanda Conner's art also made me want to read Power girl. First I did not care for the character all we needed to know was that she was in the JSA thats all. But now after reading all 10 of Power Girl's comics it has been a great entertaining story.

#25 Posted by WW-Fan (2728 posts) - - Show Bio

oh im going to get this :)
#26 Edited by Mbecks14 (2029 posts) - - Show Bio

they shouldn't replace this team!!  :(  This book seems really funny! i wish i could afford this book.

#27 Posted by harleyquinnhawkgirl (300 posts) - - Show Bio

That was a fantastic review. I feel exactly the same way, because I'm not too crazy about Powergirl but that issue made up for it.
#28 Posted by Captain Amerika (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. I am really disappointed to find out the creative team is leaving this series. I cannot believe I missed that. Well, I hope they collect the creative team's work in the trade. I am almost sure I will not like the new team as much. They will either try to make it their own or they will try to emulate the way the creative team did things. Both are risky routes. 

#29 Posted by Suigetsu (1720 posts) - - Show Bio
@FoxxFireArt:  what so they are changing of team? This rly sucks.
In manga the good thing is that you get the same writter and P.O.V during all the story, because thats the reason you are purchasing the mag/story. To read the story by (this author) its not like the book just sells because of the name but because of the stories that the writter is doing.
#30 Posted by advocatefish (141 posts) - - Show Bio

Ive been wanting to jump in and so i grabbed both issues #9 and #10 and loved them.  
The art is great and the story is pretty good. But more than anything for me is that they were funny. I laughed out loud in my quiet house. Like G-Man says its very a fun comic.
#31 Posted by Press Oblivion (1656 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like you guys have really turned around on your feelings for this title, just apposed to your review of Power Girl #1 . . . me too.

#32 Posted by Brenderous (46 posts) - - Show Bio

My comic book retailer is all out of these except for 5 and 6. I'm considering ordering "a new beginning" and waiting for the second compilation, but thats annoying. 

#33 Posted by Shanana (53448 posts) - - Show Bio

O_O NOT POWERGIRL FANS?!

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.