The Boob Window Returns

• 109 results
#1 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33452 posts) - - Show Bio
WORLDS' FINEST #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and GERALDO BORGES
Cover by RYAN SOOK
On sale MAY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T
As Power Girl returns to her classic look, DeSaad wreaks havoc on her tech empire—and PG and Huntress find themselves hunted by the talented torturer from Apokolips.

It's pretty sad that DC thinks a return of the boobs is the only way to get this book to sell better

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13175 posts) - - Show Bio

*sigh*

#3 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care what anyone says, I like the classic look.

#4 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

But the terrible writing remains

#5 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33452 posts) - - Show Bio

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

*sigh*

sigh of relief or sigh of contempt?

#6 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2317 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ravager4 said:
Accurate =_= Put a new writer on this book and then I'll pick it up again
#7 Posted by mk111 (3140 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl and Huntress are fighting Desad?

Really?

#8 Edited by DEGRAAF (7881 posts) - - Show Bio

I was fine with the removal of the boob window but i didnt like her new look either. I actually like her classic look without the boob window.was best.

By going back to the old look it kind of feels like they (the creative team behind this book) is giving up on the NEW 52. They need to either have them do more with the masses of the Main Earth, go back to Earth-2 or start universe jumping bc right now they feel like they are in their own little world. When they created JLA they should have brought these two (or eve just one of them) on. A.R.G.U.S. could say they know where they came from and would help them get back home as long as they were willing to help A.R.G.U.S. Powergirl works well as a leader of a team. They should cancel worlds finest, replace it with a new Outsiders book and have Powergirl take over the JLA and Huntress lead a team of Outsiders.

Back to the costume discussion... Im curious if after they put her back into her classic outfit if it will still get torn off as much as her new outfit did?

#9 Posted by The Stegman (24426 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ravager4 said:
Quoted because it's true.
#10 Posted by Imagine_Man15 (1801 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the classic look far better than the new costume... but the thing is, her costume was NOT the problem with this series. The problem is the writing, and bringing the boob-window back won't fix it.

#11 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
@Imagine_Man15

I like the classic look far better than the new costume... but the thing is, her costume was NOT the problem with this series. The problem is the writing, and bringing the boob-window back won't fix it.

Yes, while I am glad to see her old costume back, it is only the smallest of steps in fixing the butchery that Levitz has done to her character.
#12 Posted by TheHulk (802 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

WORLDS' FINEST #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Cover by RYAN SOOK
As Power Girl returns to her classic look, DeSaad wreaks havoc on her tech empire—and PG and Huntress find themselves hunted by the talented torturer from Apokolips.

It's pretty sad that DC thinks a return of the boobs is the only way to get this book to sell better

Puny Boob-Girl look angry. What happened? She beat up a hero (Huntress in background)

#13 Posted by JohnnyGat (1568 posts) - - Show Bio

My main problem with New 52 power girl was the hair style (I am aware of its nitpicky nature).

#14 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope there is a reason for her to return to her old iconic look.

#15 Posted by TheHulk (802 posts) - - Show Bio

There one thing Hulk don't get. Why Boob-Lady on rampage in this picture? Hulk no get it.

#16 Posted by EdBlank (515 posts) - - Show Bio

Hooray boob window. Her butt is incredibly flat. As long as we're using our imagination, can't she have it in front and in back? Anyways: Wow. This does seem to say "Okay fans. We give up on this non-reboot reboot." Not that the boob window equals a return to pre DCnU, just that the critics' cries seem to be reaching DC's collective ear.

#17 Posted by Bushwhacker_ (576 posts) - - Show Bio

Great. Ah always support boob windows. But what really matters is the need of better writin'.

#18 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm going to start an indy band called Boob Window....... 

#19 Posted by RioBravo (61 posts) - - Show Bio

This classic costume is sooooooo much better than the fugly Nu52 suit. It's great to see that DC has finally realized this.

#20 Posted by Aiden Cross (15569 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

Exactly, maybe they're thinking if we give her the 'window' back, fans will buy the books again. Hopefully they won't and then they can realize it's because of the terrible writing. Although it wouldn't surprise me if they gave Huntress her 'stomach window' back first... >_>

#21 Posted by jesusdisciple001 (546 posts) - - Show Bio

now make slutty prostitute fake new costume be a clone this one be the real one and bring palmiotti back to powergirl

#22 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

@jesusdisciple001 said:

now make slutty prostitute fake new costume be a clone this one be the real one and bring palmiotti back to powergirl

As horrible a plot twist as that usually is in a story... I would accept it in this case.

#23 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe DC will bring back other characters older/better looks now.

#24 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13175 posts) - - Show Bio

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

*sigh*

sigh of relief or sigh of contempt?

contempt. going back to the old costume isnt going to fix this book. they need a good writer and a better artist to redesign her suit. I like t'n'a as much as the next but you cant replace substance.

#25 Posted by Joe_Amazing (103 posts) - - Show Bio

Sadly, the return to PG's classic look will probably not save this book. The writing was so bad that it, along with numerous other New 52 titles, prompted me to cancel all of my DC books.

#26 Posted by x_29 (2274 posts) - - Show Bio

YAY!!! BOOBS!!!

#27 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@JohnnyGat said:

My main problem with New 52 power girl was the hair style (I am aware of its nitpicky nature).

I thought that the hair-do was awful too, though it is hard to tell since she was generally badly drawn.. Superheroes should have good hair styles.

I'm glad the old costume is back. I'd like a new costume if it were a good one but I don't like the one they did give her.

#28 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

bout time. Now someone give Captain Marvel back her old costume and we will be golden

#29 Posted by RioBravo (61 posts) - - Show Bio

@SUNMAN said:

bout time. Now someone give Captain Marvel back her old costume and we will be golden

So true.

#30 Posted by SmoothJammin (2334 posts) - - Show Bio

@Matchstick said:

I don't care what anyone says, I like the classic look.

Highfives*

@Jonny_Anonymous said:

WORLDS' FINEST #12
Written by PAUL LEVITZ
Cover by RYAN SOOK

Do you happen to know if this title is changing up it's creative team? I know 7 titles are getting canceled for DC and others are gaining new writers. I'd start picking this series up again if they did, PG's boob window is just a bonus. lol jk. I started getting into her book before all the Flashpoint stuff and loved it. I dove headlong into World's Finest thinking Levitz would carry the torch but man does that guy suck hard. I think I quit after issue 3..

#31 Edited by UltimateSMfan (1416 posts) - - Show Bio

Boob windows back!!! .......*cancels subscription to playboy* but in all seriousness agreed her new costume was crappy but they cldve just designed a better lookin one I get that this is a classic look n all but this is the New 52 n i was gettin into the groove of it all I mean srsly cldnt one of the sixty or so artists at Dc come up with something??? n really!! boobs arnt gonna up the sales!!! Good writing is!!

#32 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy dance

#33 Posted by RDClip (1129 posts) - - Show Bio

@jesusdisciple001 said:

That's so crazy, it just might work.

I was thinking they could bring back pre52 PG. She worked better when she was the only survivor of her universe. (plus maybe she's so pissed on the cover because her new52 alternate sucks so badly)

#34 Posted by mpierce2690 (316 posts) - - Show Bio

I always loved the classic costume, and it's hardly more revealing than any other female hero. Her confidence is part of her charm.

I'd love to get Jimmy Palmiotti and Justin Gray back writing Power Girl instead of moving them over to Batwing, but the one thing I'd love even more than having Palmiotti/Gray writing, is getting Amanda Conner to draw Power Girl again.

#35 Posted by Franchise1590 (298 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes! One step closer to fogetting about this whole terribly written butchering of once of my favorite overconfident female characters.

Classic look is best, if they try to change it again make it a variation on the classic look (like they did with superman new look) instead of changing everything. That way you can try to please more people

#36 Posted by Crimsonlord53 (1332 posts) - - Show Bio
Uncanny X-Men #1 Variant by Gabrielle Dell'Otto

DC is just scared that Illyana's boob window well become the new icon of boob windows.

#37 Posted by Teerack (6371 posts) - - Show Bio

Yay her hair stopped being ugly.

#38 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

As I said in another thread also,let's hope the writing gets better.

#39 Posted by Pyrogram (38510 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the classic look personally :)

#40 Posted by TrueMarvel (198 posts) - - Show Bio

Im happy

#41 Posted by judasnixon (6586 posts) - - Show Bio

How awesome would it be if the next arc of World Finest was titled The Boob Window Returns! 

#42 Posted by daredevil21134 (11840 posts) - - Show Bio

A good step in the right direction,now they just need to get rid of Helena Wayne and bring back Helena Bertinelli

#43 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I care more about keeping her boob size than getting the window back.

#44 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

pg is supose to have big boobs its part of what makes her special.

#45 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

I love you LoganRogue24.

#46 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24 said:

pg is supose to have big boobs its part of what makes her special.

Its the story behind her creation,

#47 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1187 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: i like you to my friend.

#48 Posted by Skewer (325 posts) - - Show Bio

The book series isn't selling well because of bad writing so we'll fix it by putting a boob window on one of our characters and it will sell better. What's that sound like to anyone?

#49 Posted by AmazingWebHead (2492 posts) - - Show Bio

Back by popular demand, I assume?

Fanservice aside, you can't beat a hero's classic look.

#50 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow. PG's the first character since the start of the New 52 to return to her classic look. While most characters got an update (like all the JLA members) or were left unchanged (Green Lanterns, Damian Wayne), she's the only one so far to go from being given a new costume to having her old one brought back.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.