The Big Power Girl Reveal Is In:

#1 Edited by achilles100 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

Mr. Terrific #8, the final issue of that series.

Below lies the solicit, beware, spoilers:

Guest-starring The Blackhawks! It’s Mister Terrific vs. the technological monstrosity called Digitus – and to destroy his greatest foe yet, Michael may be forced to destroy Holt Industries! But as one enemy is defeated, another rises from a shocking source: the U.S. Government! Also, betrayal rocks Mister Terrific’s life when he discovers that his ex-girlfriend, the mysterious Karen Starr, may be more than she seems.

#2 Posted by Rise2Ragnarok (139 posts) - - Show Bio

I was very excited when I read this today

#3 Posted by ReVamp (22859 posts) - - Show Bio

Happy ReVamp is happy.

#4 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

If the last page is her snapping his neck and with a single phrase "I faked it," I'll go buy 2 of each issue of this series.

#5 Posted by Saren (24339 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

If the last page is her snapping his neck and with a single phrase "I faked it," I'll go buy 2 of each issue of this series.

QFMT.

#6 Posted by achilles100 (190 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

LOL!

#7 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

@citizenBane what does QFMT mean? i'll buy the trade when it comes out. hopefully DC will put him on a team maybe.

#8 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Snapping whose neck?? Do tell, plzzz

#9 Posted by Saren (24339 posts) - - Show Bio

@SmoothJammin: Mr. Terrific.

#10 Posted by EtherealEnigma (14 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar said:

You and me both

#11 Posted by SmoothJammin (2331 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I cannot wait for her book to come out. Shame about Mr. Terrific getting canned

#12 Posted by azza04 (1503 posts) - - Show Bio

I just didn't like her appearance in this book full stop. I think it's a pretend it never happened job and wait for her and Huntress in the Earth-Two book :D

#13 Posted by PowerHerc (78172 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

@TheCrowbar said:

QFMT.

Seconded!

#14 Posted by BlackArmor (6121 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm gonna miss Mr. Terrific, a great character who got a suckish writer and lame artist. The world was not yet prepared for his book

#15 Edited by Selvokaz (197 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar:

Okay, what's up with that? I don't recall her having wild orgasmic spasms at his touch, and even if she did fake it, then she faked it with every other guy shes been with. Is there a racial reason as to why you're happiest if shes insulting a guy shes been with and known more so than some other random joe blow she thought was cute and shagged? As a fan of PG I have to be of the opinion that if she slept with Michael it was because she genuinely wanted to, not because there was some alterior motive.

#16 Posted by Selvokaz (197 posts) - - Show Bio

I think there is some hidden underlining racism here. Just because she slept with Michael a person who she has known for a hella long time if you go by JSA association, it is immediately a dream sequence that she has slept with him.. Had it been Batman would anyone have cared? I don't think so.

#17 Posted by Saren (24339 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selvokaz: I don't understand where the accusation of racism is coming from. I don't know about anyone else, but as a PG fan, I found the whole idea of her being reduced to Mr. Terrific's de-powered f##kbuddy after the reboot to be abominable. It's as simple as that. There is no racism involved. If the exact same thing had happened with Dr. Mid-Nite in place of Mr. Terrific, I would not change a word of what I said.

#18 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

@Selvokaz said:

@TheCrowbar:

Okay, what's up with that? I don't recall her having wild orgasmic spasms at his touch, and even if she did fake it, then she faked it with every other guy shes been with. Is there a racial reason as to why you're happiest if shes insulting a guy shes been with and known more so than some other random joe blow she thought was cute and shagged? As a fan of PG I have to be of the opinion that if she slept with Michael it was because she genuinely wanted to, not because there was some alterior motive.

I'm not sure how much of a fan you are of PG, I have the opinion you're one of the "breast fans". Now lets move on to your 'points'

She was an interesting character, the last 3 volumes were actually pretty good. As a female powerhouse character(In the same venue as Wonder Woman or Supergirl) she was unique. She dealt with things like a human being instead of every other female powerhouse who went "What is hamburger" mentality. Her first mention in the new DCnU is as a 3 frame arm candy.

If you were a genuine fan PG you would've been upset over it as much as I was. I bought Mr. Terrific because of PG was mentioned and saw that drivel. I stopped buying it after the second issue I purchased. Mr. Terrific could've been white, or asian or whatever you would consider okay to a racist. I still want his neck snapped, I still want her to say that phrase as a fourth wall nod to her fans that spent hundreds(120 I think glancing at my collection) of dollars over the years enjoying a female powerhouse that was intelligent, modern, relatable and humorous. A subtle(well not so much) "I'm sorry" from the writer and artist.

#19 Posted by Onemoreposter (3558 posts) - - Show Bio

Wow, troll much?

#20 Posted by LadyHarley (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I just don't like how they demoted Karen from being kickass to a secondary character and a casual girlfriend.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.