Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1722 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

So Power Girl Doesn't Even Get...

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By achilles100

A great death scene, like Supergirl got in the 80s. DC kills her off by simply not publishing her at all anymore. At this point,they might have succeeded in killing off interest in the character by not featuring her. Her forum at the DC boards is essentially dead, and so is this one, and indication that even long-time fans have a hard time finding anything to talk about when there's nothing new in print, or anything on the horizon.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#2  Edited By jrock85

@achilles100: We'll just have to wait and see.

Wonderbrezzy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Wonderbrezzy

DC=  dead comics

tiger26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By tiger26

sorry the who dc universe dosent revolve around power girl you just have to wait and see

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By InnerVenom123

@tiger26 said:

sorry the who dc universe dosent revolve around power girl you just have to wait and see

From the size of her chest, I find it hard to believe you.

Mayo88m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mayo88m

@InnerVenom123 said:

@tiger26 said:

From the size of her chest, I find it hard to believe you.

Win!

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By azza04

She is in the Mr. Terrifc book, even if it is crap. Well Karen Starr is...

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#8  Edited By ReVamp

What even makes you think she deserves one? WTF are you on about? Wally West, Donna Troy and Garth all deserve a scene more than PG.

Izaiah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Izaiah

She's in 'Mr. Terrific'.  So, no, she's not dead yet.  That would be a shame.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By achilles100

@tiger26 said:

Evidently, judging from past and current treatment, the Power Girl part of the DCU doesn't revolve around Power Girl either...

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF

@ReVamp said:

What even makes you think she deserves one? WTF are you on about? Wally West, Donna Troy and Garth all deserve a scene more than PG.

This for sure

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By achilles100

@ReVamp said:

Well, Donna and Garth certainly deserve a death scene; it doesn't have to be great, merely them getting hit by a random meteorite will suffice. Wally I like too much for that, but he's in much the same position as Kara, disliked by the top brass at DC and set on the sidelines, (which in Kara's case is the odd minor appearance as Karen Starr in Mr. Terrific, a failing book).

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ReVamp

@achilles100 said:

@ReVamp said:

Well, Donna and Garth certainly deserve a death scene; it doesn't have to be great, merely them getting hit by a random meteorite will suffice. Wally I like too much for that, but he's in much the same position as Kara, disliked by the top brass at DC and set on the sidelines, (which in Kara's case is the odd minor appearance as Karen Starr in Mr. Terrific, a failing book).

You see the problem with what you're saying is that is all about what you like. You're disrespecting characters, who are unquestionably just as important as PG, if not more. Donna, Wally are both in the sidelines. Karen isn't. She's appearing in the main DC universe as Karen Starr, which is not a minor appearance, she's the biggest supporting cast member in the book. It doesn't matter whether the book is failing, its not like DC is like "Let's put PG in a failing book, to disrespect her". No, they wanted to put in a book, they just figured this one was the best. They didn't think the book would fail. Also, you totally forget that DC is going to be launching Earth-two with the JSA in it, and if PG belongs anywhere, its with them. So out of all the fans of sidelined characters, PG fans have the least reason to b*tch, cause she's not even sidelined, she's appearing.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

and i am so pissed that they just dropped Wally bc the like Barry better that i no longer read the Flash comics. I refuse until they bring Wally back.

I would have liked to see Donna come back as well and Garth is so different compared to Aquaman and Aqualad that there really is no reason not to have him in the DCnU unless he was there and he is still considered dead from his time with the original Titans

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#15  Edited By fodigg
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By achilles100

@ReVamp said:

@achilles100 said:

@ReVamp said:

You see the problem with what you're saying is that is all about what you like. You're disrespecting characters, who are unquestionably just as important as PG, if not more. Donna, Wally are both in the sidelines. Karen isn't. She's appearing in the main DC universe as Karen Starr, which is not a minor appearance, she's the biggest supporting cast member in the book. It doesn't matter whether the book is failing, its not like DC is like "Let's put PG in a failing book, to disrespect her". No, they wanted to put in a book, they just figured this one was the best. They didn't think the book would fail. Also, you totally forget that DC is going to be launching Earth-two with the JSA in it, and if PG belongs anywhere, its with them. So out of all the fans of sidelined characters, PG fans have the least reason to b*tch, cause she's not even sidelined, she's appearing.

Apparently, you didn't see the invisible /sarc tag...

With people posting in the Power Girl forum here doing exactly what you accuse me off, and you don't get the irony? What, should I write a post about what you like? You seem to imply that.

As for "PG"'s appearance in Mr. Terrific, yeah DC likely knew that Mr. Terrific was very probably going to fail, along with a number of their other titles. They put it out on the off chance it might not, but you notice they didn't bother with any "A" list talent on it. DC probably didn't say what you suggest they didn't say, true, but they have a history of giving PG the short end of the stick, and this seems like more of the same, with one of the three big powers at DC on record as saying he didn't like ther character---a guy who has a history of pushing characters he likes and sidelining characters he doesn't.

Honestly, I don't get people who post in forums to say they don't like the title character of the forum. As for PG fans, they have plenty of reason to gripe, as I've said. And very minor appearances as like the second or third most important supporting cast member of a very minor book where she isn't even portrayed as anything more than her old alter-ego, doesn't cut it when unlike any of the three characters mentioned above, she had her own solo tile just before the reboot, one that was selling as well as Supergirl's title at the end, and far better than at least one title that also got renewed. And the JSA stuff---is vaporware until proven otherwise. If she even turns up there, which is by no means assured. how many promised titles have never materialized over the years?

And BTW, I don't go over to the Donna Troy forum and bash her...might want to follow your own post there.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By achilles100

@DEGRAAF said:

and i am so pissed that they just dropped Wally bc the like Barry better that i no longer read the Flash comics. I refuse until they bring Wally back.

I would have liked to see Donna come back as well and Garth is so different compared to Aquaman and Aqualad that there really is no reason not to have him in the DCnU unless he was there and he is still considered dead from his time with the original Titans

Wally will probably be back somewhere, sometime; he's too popular not to be. For many fans, he IS the Flash, not Barry, which is Johns' fav. Donna...is like Kara in a way--DC doesn't know what to do with her, and there's a younger version out there. She's probably shelved until she gets a patron with power over at DC----in other words until someone like Morrison decides he wants to retool her.

Garth...is likely toast, part of DC's campaign to replace existing characters with younger or ethnic versions of them. Even if they aren't true versions of them but rather simply replacement characters with similar names or functions.

In any event, what all four characters share is a lack of powerful DC types who like them or want to use them, and of course that they are on the bench.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#18  Edited By Joygirl

Still waiting for Raven to show up so I can grab whatever title she's in... but yeah, I'd like to see some Power Girl, but I refuse to read Mr. Terrific, so....

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By InnerVenom123

@fodigg said:

They really need to get Wally, Donna, and Tempest back in somehow. And Cassandra Cain. If they're doing Earth-2 for the older generation, they should do another earth for legacy characters that got cut.

No, what they really need to do is change their stance on legacy characters as a whole. In fact, the whole industry does.

Let the older heroes fade away, in time. (That isn't to say "LET'S DO A MASSIVE RECKONING!!!!" or anything).

I bet we'd be able to have that kind of industry if it was selling really high, but since things are at an all time low, they need to keep familiar faces around.

Or I'm an idiot with a misinformed ideal who ranted a bunch of jumbled words.

It's about 30/70 odds.

entropy_aegis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20  Edited By entropy_aegis

@InnerVenom123 said:

@fodigg said:

They really need to get Wally, Donna, and Tempest back in somehow. And Cassandra Cain. If they're doing Earth-2 for the older generation, they should do another earth for legacy characters that got cut.

No, what they really need to do is change their stance on legacy characters as a whole. In fact, the whole industry does.

Let the older heroes fade away, in time. (That isn't to say "LET'S DO A MASSIVE RECKONING!!!!" or anything).

I bet we'd be able to have that kind of industry if it was selling really high, but since things are at an all time low, they need to keep familiar faces around.

It's about 30/70 odds.

Yeah,they should just kill Eddie Brock too.LOL

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ReVamp

@achilles100 said:

Apparently, you didn't see the invisible /sarc tag...

What was sarcastic about your post?

With people posting in the Power Girl forum here doing exactly what you accuse me off, and you don't get the irony?

I'm not accusing you of anything, the people in this forum are lamenting that the character of Power Girl is being mistreated. You were referring to the character of Donna and Garth requiring a 'death' scene.

As for "PG"'s appearance in Mr. Terrific, yeah DC likely knew that Mr. Terrific was very probably going to fail, along with a number of their other titles. They put it out on the off chance it might not, but you notice they didn't bother with any "A" list talent on it.

Of course not, from a business perspective they're going to put their 'A' talent on the books that are going to sell, because that's what makes sense. Not every book can have 'A' talent, it a fact of life. And No, DC doesn't go around expecting their books to flop, if they did, they wouldn't invest money into a book without expecting the book to sell well.

DC probably didn't say what you suggest they didn't say, true, but they have a history of giving PG the short end of the stick, and this seems like more of the same, with one of the three big powers at DC on record as saying he didn't like ther character---a guy who has a history of pushing characters he likes and sidelining characters he doesn't.

Power Girl had her own sucessful solo series, that's more than you can say for a lot of DC characters. What the big powers like or don't like is completely irrelevant.

Honestly, I don't get people who post in forums to say they don't like the title character of the forum.

What? I like Power Girl, she's one of my favorite characters and was the only reason, along with Hourman, that I bought JSA All-Stars. I like PG, what I don't like is the disrespect I think you showed to other characters, whose fans are in a worse position than you because they don't have the hope of an alternate universe. If you were being sarcastic and you can explain that to me, I apologize for everything and it will be on me. However, I'm a pretty good sarcasm detector, as I'm a pretty sarcastic person myself.

As for PG fans, they have plenty of reason to gripe, as I've said.

They do, but less than Wally/Donna (etc...) fans, for example, which is why I didn't appreciate the disrespect you showed to the character and his fans. I should mention that I'm one of the most vocal people when asking to bring PG back in a team with Nightwing, Wally and Garth. I don't even want Donna in the book, because that'd be asking for too much.

And very minor appearances as like the second or third most important supporting cast member of a very minor book where she isn't even portrayed as anything more than her old alter-ego,

She's the most important supporting cast memeber, so its not a minor appearance. Apart from terrific, she's been getting the most face-time in the book.

doesn't cut it when unlike any of the three characters mentioned above, she had her own solo tile just before the reboot,

Which goes back on, maybe, you have less of a reason to gripe with.

one that was selling as well as Supergirl's title at the end, and far better than at least one title that also got renewed.

Exactly, maybe DC is just waiting for Earth-Two to come out so they can have the character show, because they think the character is too similar to Supergirl.

And the JSA stuff---is vaporware until proven otherwise. If she even turns up there, which is by no means assured. how many promised titles have never materialized over the years?

The same can be said for all the other characters I mentioned, a lot of whom have less appearances and less hopes to appear.

And BTW, I don't go over to the Donna Troy forum and bash her...

I'm not bashing on PG, that would be stupid, because I like her. I wouldn't have come into this thread if I didn't. I apologize if that's what it came off as, but that's not the point. No character got a death scene, are you expecting DC to make a book just so she can get a death scene. If you had titled the thread like I was thinking, like "Why doesn't she even get a solo title" I'd have gone 100% with you. She deserves it. But asking for a death scene? Why?

Again, I'm not hating on PG, I don't even like Donna as much as her, I'm not even in her board. If you think I'm hating/trolling, you can easily flag my posts and a mod can intervene. If I'm wrong, then I'm wrong, I'm man enough to deal with it.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By InnerVenom123

@entropy_aegis said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@fodigg said:

It's about 30/70 odds.

Yeah,they should just kill Eddie Brock too.LOL

If he had died at the end of Spider-Island, I would have been totally cool with it. It would have been a good ending for him.

Continuing it with the premise they have looks to be well worth his continued existence, so yay!

=P

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#23  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

The more people moan and moan about Wally and Power  Girl the less I like the characters 

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ReVamp

@spiderbat87 said:

The more people moan and moan about Wally and Power Girl the less I like the characters

Yes. I feel dirty every time I do so.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#25  Edited By TheCrowbar

Power Girl's demise was a disgrace.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#26  Edited By BatteredArmor

@spiderbat87 said:

The more people moan and moan about Wally and Power Girl the less I like the characters

Hate to say it but QFT

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Jetshade

Here's what I don't get: In one month, PG went from having her own title (sales weren't setting the world on fire, but it was doing better than some other titles that were renewed) to being a supporting character for a marginal Mr. Terrific title that has early cancellation written all over it. Nothing against him, but who really believed that Mr. Terrific could carry his own title to begin with? Why not continue the Power Girl title, which at least had a readership, and have Mr. Terrific as a supporting character? It doesn't make sense. Then again, a lot of DC's recent decisions don't make sense to me.

Afro_Warrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#28  Edited By Afro_Warrior

@Jetshade said:

Here's what I don't get: In one month, PG went from having her own title (sales weren't setting the world on fire, but it was doing better than some other titles that were renewed) to being a supporting character for a marginal Mr. Terrific title that has early cancellation written all over it. Nothing against him, but who really believed that Mr. Terrific could carry his own title to begin with? Why not continue the Power Girl title, which at least had a readership, and have Mr. Terrific as a supporting character? It doesn't make sense. Then again, a lot of DC's recent decisions don't make sense to me.

Well, DC is creating an Earth-2 JSA title. So i wouldn't be surprised if that comic spins out of Mr Terrific. For example Holt could create a portal to Earth-2, at which point Karen gains her powers and becomes Power-Girl (I wouldn't be surprised if they ret-conned the kyrptonian stuff out) and a member of JSA.

Also, Power-Girl is an Earth-2 character and at the moment the NEW 52 consists of Earth-1 (Prime/ whatever name they're calling it now) characters. So i could see why they may have wanted to stay away from alternate versions of characters with their own titles (Super-girl) until they've had a chance to give the entire Earth-2 line of characters a proper introduction.

Honestly with PG, i think it makes more sense to wait until JSA comes around before you judge things.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By fodigg

@InnerVenom123 said:

@fodigg said:

It's about 30/70 odds.

I can see both sides. I hate that they repeatedly discard continuity. I hate that good characters are pushed aside simply because the writers want to write the characters they grew up with—currently Silver Age heroes, who aren't even the originals—but I get that the corporations want to put an accessible face forward. But why, when rebooting, did they cut so close to the Silver Age status quo? Sure, they put Cyborg in the big leagues, but otherwise why not give us more of a mixed bag for the original heroes?

Anyway, there are some books that maintain more linear storytelling. Savage Dragon comes to mind.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By achilles100

No matter what they do or don't do with the JSA and Earth 2; they missed the window of opportunity for it and PG. The excitement and hype of the reboot is over, and no new titles will sell like the rebooted titles did. DC had to know this; they're not entirely dense after all. And then it will be said of the new titles that they don't sell like the first wave, (Supergirl increased from below 20,000 to over 50,000 solely on the hype of the reboot for example, which was a claim leveled at the Power Girl series.

Apart from that, going from a solo title and a team book where she was the leader of the team to a minor role in Mr. Terrific, (and no, she's not the most important supporting cast member; she's just the only one anybody's heard of before---the other woman is more important, and long-term so is the genius boy), is hardly a step in the right direction. Even if she does appear in an Earth 2 JSA title, it's still a step down; sales problems from the timing aside. And there's absolutely no hint that she'll get her solo title back, (and even if she does, I already pointed out that she won't get the advantage that the first wave titles got).

XMASCATEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By XMASCATEXE

You know I was thinking about Power Girl yesterday, and I was also thinking about the notion that as much as the creators and companies do to characters and books, so do the readers since their opinions and of course money are what compels them. I wonder if it's possible DC is opting to try and rebuild her character from nearly the ground up. I like Power Girl, I think she's alright, and a lot of readers like her for what they like her for. But it's undeniable that overall in the view of comic books readers, whether they had even read a book of hers or not (the former being key here as people reading being interested in the character enough to buy their adventures is the bottom line), that Power Girls was presently stuck under some rather bad stigmas that not only hurt her characters reputation, but overshadowed anything positively tangible about her to the point where she wasn't being taken seriously by the market as a whole. This is nothing new clearly, but when a character or title falls to the point where it's become a pariah and that less are checking it out, it's time for a renewal. Just an idea like I said, but I think it's possible they're taking advantage of the revamp to try and do this, and to do it will of course take patience, small steps and time, or at least to do it correctly in erasing any bad omens strongly floating over her character.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By achilles100

As far as negatives I've heard about Power Girl, the big ones are her supposedly confusing origin, and her breast size.

The only thing anyone at all could find confusing about her origin in this day and age was the excursion to Atlantis; which technically had nothing to do with her origin once she was rebooted a few years ago. In any event, that point is moot now, since whatever origin they see fit to give her is it---neither Atlantis nor the old Krypton-Two thing ever happened as far as Reboot PG is concerned.

Breast size is up to the artist and to some extent the writer and editor. It is whatever they make it. She seems a bit smaller in the few panels Karen Starr has appeared so far, but that could just be my imagination, or the artist.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

i have faith in Dc comics, they know Wally, Donna, etc are popular, we haven't seen the last of them, be patient people

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#34  Edited By PowerHerc

Power Girl lives. Always.

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#35  Edited By CATPANEXE

@achilles100: That's your opinion, but as I related it's not the majorities opinion. I encourage you to read through some of her forums, there is a large stigma attached to her character. I'm not saying anyone is correct to think, I'm saying they do and DC knows it. I know it, pretty much every thread in her forum here is as plain as day.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By achilles100

@CATPANEXE said:

@achilles100: That's your opinion, but as I related it's not the majorities opinion. I encourage you to read through some of her forums, there is a large stigma attached to her character. I'm not saying anyone is correct to think, I'm saying they do and DC knows it. I know it, pretty much every thread in her forum here is as plain as day.

Good to know that you speak for the majority. There's that /sarc tag I mentioned to someone else.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By ReVamp
    No matter what they do or don't do with the JSA and Earth 2; they missed the window of opportunity for it and PG

Well, I don't know if they missed the opportunity, because to be honest it doesn't matter whether there isn't 'hype' for the character now. The window of opportunity is never missed for a new title to come out, what they missed it the opportunity for a PG book to sell that much more, but DC doesn't care about that obviously because their other titles aren't selling as much by next year either, to come out they obviously know that a new book won't sell as well.

@achilles100 said:

@CATPANEXE said:

Good to know that you speak for the majority. There's that /sarc tag I mentioned to someone else.

1. He/She didn't say he spoke for the majority.
    2. Learn to respect opinion other than your own. Your opinion will never be universally shared and everyone is entitled to have thoughts of their own.
    3. You still have yet to explain to me how you used sarcasm, because the way I see it when confronted with fact you simply run away and don't answer.
    Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#38  Edited By Hazlenaut

I think she got lucky if she was in there she would have her character destoyied. Besides she came altenate reality Earth 2 so we have to wait for an opening of the time space continuum for her to be in there. They could use the clone excuse like they did in the animated series.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By achilles100

@ReVamp said:

No matter what they do or don't do with the JSA and Earth 2; they missed the window of opportunity for it and PG

Well, I don't know if they missed the opportunity, because to be honest it doesn't matter whether there isn't 'hype' for the character now. The window of opportunity is never missed for a new title to come out, what they missed it the opportunity for a PG book to sell that much more, but DC doesn't care about that obviously because their other titles aren't selling as much by next year either, to come out they obviously know that a new book won't sell as well.

@achilles100 said:

@CATPANEXE said:

1. He/She didn't say he spoke for the majority.
    2. Learn to respect opinion other than your own. Your opinion will never be universally shared and everyone is entitled to have thoughts of their own.
    3. You still have yet to explain to me how you used sarcasm, because the way I see it when confronted with fact you simply run away and don't answer.

1. Yes, he did---in the first sentence.

2. And please don't tell me what to do, I respect other's opinions just fine, but then he didn't present that as opinion, but rather as fact. As though he had personally surveyed every fans, something I doubt. In fact, I've long taken his "advice", and been on many PG forums. The evidence, which of course is not really representative, suggests that only a small but very vocal minority of fans feel as he suggests. I might suggest BTW that you alter your posting style, since from your first post in this thread you've come across as argumentative, and haven't really seemed to follow your own guidelines about respecting other's opinions. Really, READ your own first post in this thread. Does it come across as respectful of either my opinion or of the character? Maybe it does to you, but not to me. And honestly, if you hadn't later said you have no problem with the character, I'd still think you were one of those rabid SG fans who really and truly WANT PG buried; the sort I've seen many times in other PG forums, who come there solely to say that.

3. That's because I don't feel it would help to respond. If you don't get it, you don't get it, and further explanations aren't likely to help. since I don't know how I can explain it any better.

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By ReVamp

@achilles100 said:

1. Yes, he did---in the first sentence.

2. And please don't tell me what to do, I respect other's opinions just fine, but then he didn't present that as opinion, but rather as fact. As though he had personally surveyed every fans, something I doubt. In fact, I've long taken his "advice", and been on many PG forums. The evidence, which of course is not really representative, suggests that only a small but very vocal minority of fans feel as he suggests. I might suggest BTW that you alter your posting style, since from your first post in this thread you've come across as argumentative, and haven't really seemed to follow your own guidelines about respecting other's opinions. Really, READ your own first post in this thread. Does it come across as respectful of either my opinion or of the character? Maybe it does to you, but not to me. And honestly, if you hadn't later said you have no problem with the character, I'd still think you were one of those rabid SG fans who really and truly WANT PG buried; the sort I've seen many times in other PG forums, who come there solely to say that.

3. That's because I don't feel it would help to respond. If you don't get it, you don't get it, and further explanations aren't likely to help. since I don't know how I can explain it any better.

1. I suggest reading. He said your opinion wasn't the majority.
    2. No, he said that the fact was the your opinion doesn't have to be the majority. I do respect other people's opinions, I simply posted my own opinion instead. I said
    What even makes you think she deserves one? WTF are you on about? Wally West, Donna Troy and Garth all deserve a scene more than PG

Which means that my opinion is that there are others that deserve it before her. Its my opinion. And if it doesn't come to you, then you obviously need to address that, and tell me. Because I didn't mean to be disrespectful and as we are having an online argument you have no idea of the tone with which I am 'talking' -- so to speak. Honestly, I think that PG is a much more interesting character than Supergirl, to the extent that DC had to change the latter's behavior to apparently 'hate humans'. But the fact of the matter is, in the grand scheme of thins Supergirl is more important to the core DC universe, specially without the JSA, than Power Girl is. Since DC is trying to get new readers into the mix, then this means that the similarity between Power Girl and Supergirl means that one of the two needs to either be introduced later, or be introduced differently.

3. Well, you feel wrongly. The only reason that you feel this way is because you wrote something that repented saying and now your using sarcasm as a way out. If you aren't then please tell me where you used sarcasm and if I can see that, I'll accept I am wrong, because being wrong is human nature. So now, I hope you can stop being so defensive and aggressive, because its doing you no good.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#41  Edited By Saren

It's only been three months. I'm sure she'll show up sooner or later on either Earth.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jrock85

@PowerHerc said:

Power Girl lives. Always.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By DEGRAAF

@achilles100 said:

Wally will probably be back somewhere, sometime; he's too popular not to be. For many fans, he IS the Flash, not Barry, which is Johns' fav. Donna...is like Kara in a way--DC doesn't know what to do with her, and there's a younger version out there. She's probably shelved until she gets a patron with power over at DC----in other words until someone like Morrison decides he wants to retool her.

Garth...is likely toast, part of DC's campaign to replace existing characters with younger or ethnic versions of them. Even if they aren't true versions of them but rather simply replacement characters with similar names or functions.

In any event, what all four characters share is a lack of powerful DC types who like them or want to use them, and of course that they are on the bench.

Yea and that sucks bc to me Wally is the flash and Barry was part of his back story, I agree Donna is to similar to others out there but i would like to see her come back retooled. I wouldnt mind her coming back as a duplicate version of Wonder Woman though. The way i would bring her back (keep in mind i dont know the exact extent of WW's new origin) Donna could be Ares or Poseidon's Daughter like Diana is Zeus's and Artemis could just be another Amazon or could be Hades or Ares version of Diana. I would actually like to see that, the big 3 gods each having a demi-god daughter on earth.

Garth was different enough that he should have been allowed in the New DCU. Maybe he will take over as Atlantis's new King since Aquaman has given his position up. He was good enough to be in the Young Justice cartoon bc they were so different i figure he is then good enough to be in the comic. Also for ethnic groups i always thought Garth was supposed to appeal to the chinese ethnic group or something. Im sorry if thats offensive thats just what he always reminded me of and i dont know a better way of putting it.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By DEGRAAF

@achilles100 @ReVamp

I think if anything I think PG showing up in Mr. terrrific just shows how much that writer does love her and wants her to be around still. If the big guys up top made the decision to cut her from the Universe but the writer rallied enough to get them to agree to at least have her in the Universe he must have loved that character alot. He could have gone with literally any other known DC character super powered or otherwise or even create a new character for him to date or not have him date anyone but the writer got it to happen. He got the big part done she is in the DCnU (which is more than alot of character can say) now it's just a matter of time before either the big guys up top give in and give her powers or the big guys eventually get replaced and the next big guys ok her having her powers back.

Jetshade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Jetshade

Wow, I can't believe they cancelled Mr. Terrific. So many fans were clamoring for that title. Of all the New 52 titles, Mr. Terrific was the last one I expected to get the axe.  

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#46  Edited By Saren

@CitizenBane said:

It's only been three months. I'm sure she'll show up sooner or later on either Earth.

We are precognitive, Bane of the past.

TheCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 47

#47  Edited By TheCannon

Power Girl deserves greater than what Superman got when he died.

BatmanandRobin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecannon: No not really. Shes a terrible character and distasteful slut tease.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.