Should she get a new Costume?

• 67 results
#1 Edited by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio

what do you think? 

i have found some drawns of her in diffrent costumes that some people have done :) 

#2 Posted by Nerx (15087 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan: what happened to the cleavage ?
#3 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@Nerx:
dosent she look better without it?
#4 Posted by ComicMan24 (147115 posts) - - Show Bio

The first two look good although they are not very different from her normal costume.

#5 Posted by rogue_mar1e (19833 posts) - - Show Bio

i like her original .

#6 Posted by NightFang (10198 posts) - - Show Bio
@rogue_mar1e said:
" I like her original. "
             And there is really no reason to change the costume either.   
#7 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@rogue_mar1e said:
"i like her original . "

you mean her costume now or in the 70's?
#8 Posted by AmazingJoe (9 posts) - - Show Bio

Her current costume is a nice mix of the classic look with a more modern feel.  Doesn't need to be changed.

#9 Posted by Dracade102 (8167 posts) - - Show Bio

They Should've kept her Boob window open... Although I Do like how the Cape is on the side in the First pic.
#10 Posted by Jotham (4564 posts) - - Show Bio

Not bad. The first one's my favorite. Isn't that from the Superman/Batman movie?

#11 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

like the color scheme in the second, the design in the third is pretty cool and i like how they gave her a symbol

#12 Posted by MrDirector786 (43636 posts) - - Show Bio

To be honest, I think she should have one that wouldn't show off her boobs so much so she'll hopefully be taken more seriously as a character.

#13 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@rogue_mar1e said:
" @Nerx said:
" @WW-Fan: what happened to the cleavage ?"
the cleavage actually makes her costume what it is "
It's like Superman's "S" symbol or Batman's bat symbol, only well, it's a "window" for PG
#14 Posted by Darkmount1 (1288 posts) - - Show Bio

Stick with the classic. It's how she's almost always been depicted, it's her definitive look, and it stands out from other outfits.
#15 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I like her current costume and I think it would still look good even if the window was covered up. Speaking to all the guys out there, lets face it if we say a woman with that physique wearing that outfit with the window covered we would still look.

#16 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@lorex said:

" I like her current costume and I think it would still look good even if the window was covered up. Speaking to all the guys out there, lets face it if we say a woman with that physique wearing that outfit with the window covered we would still look. "

But with the window, we look even longer, stare even
#17 Posted by WW-Fan (2738 posts) - - Show Bio
@123422 said:
" @lorex said:

" I like her current costume and I think it would still look good even if the window was covered up. Speaking to all the guys out there, lets face it if we say a woman with that physique wearing that outfit with the window covered we would still look. "

But with the window, we look even longer, stare even "

would you be reading power girl if there was no window?
#18 Posted by Green Skin (2932 posts) - - Show Bio

Her costume doesn't need to be changed, and there is nothing wrong with the boob window.  I find it particularly amusing when people say she shouldn't show cleavage so that people will take her more seriously.   It's a comic character, if you take them seriously you got problems.

#19 Posted by charlieboy (7168 posts) - - Show Bio

her costume is perfect the way it is. it is power girl.
#20 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
" @123422 said:
" @lorex said:

would you be reading power girl if there was no window? "
'course, i ain't that shallow
I also read cause of the great writing & art (the window is a big plus point, i gotta say)
#21 Posted by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
" @123422 said:
" @lorex said:

would you be reading power girl if there was no window? "
Yes I would, I am a long term Power Girl fan.
#22 Posted by sky-pirate (111 posts) - - Show Bio

PeeGee's costume is actually rather conservative (believe it, or not) compaired to the outfits that the artists, tends to put certain other female characters in. For example; Starfire, Star Sapphire, Wonder Woman (sometimes they have her run around in a thong and the top's portrayed as so small, it doesn't really cover anything), etc. There are so many female superhero/villain costumes, that shows more, then they conceal. Power Girl's got bare thighs (everything below her knees are concealed, by her boots) and cleavage (the latter having a tendacy to change size. Sometimes, it's really tiny and sometimes it's bigger) , the rest of her (minus her head) is concealed, by her costume, gloves and boots.
#23 Posted by MrMiracle77 (1659 posts) - - Show Bio

"I've got a fever.  And the only prescription, is more boob-hole."
-Dan DiDio 

(okay, he didn't really say that.  But I like to imagine...)

#24 Edited by pinchpaker29 (470 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the way her costume is right now, the window is as good as a logo! :)

#25 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@sky-pirate said:
" PeeGee's costume is actually rather conservative (believe it, or not) compaired to the outfits that the artists, tends to put certain other female characters in. For example; Starfire, Star Sapphire, Wonder Woman (sometimes they have her run around in a thong and the top's portrayed as so small, it doesn't really cover anything), etc. There are so many female superhero/villain costumes, that shows more, then they conceal. Power Girl's got bare thighs (everything below her knees are concealed, by her boots) and cleavage (the latter having a tendacy to change size. Sometimes, it's really tiny and sometimes it's bigger) , the rest of her (minus her head) is concealed, by her costume, gloves and boots. "
Vampirella & Red Sonja obviously has more revealing costumes
PG's is just distinctive cause of the window (and one of the best costume designs ever)
@pinchpaker29 said:
" I like the way her costume is right now, the window is as good as a logo! :) "

The window is her logo, like the bat is for Batman and the S is for Superman
#26 Posted by darkking (170 posts) - - Show Bio

never
#27 Posted by Captain13 (3516 posts) - - Show Bio

The boob window is her logo....

#28 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@Captain13 said:
" The boob window is her logo....   "
QFT
taking away the window is like taking the S from Superman
#29 Edited by G Bird (1280 posts) - - Show Bio

I love how her costume is, the big boob window is great! And it's a perfect distraction to catch enemies and opponents off guard.

#30 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like she's a joke with the cleavage. I like these constumes, though.

#31 Posted by primepower53 (5686 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrMiracle77 said:
""I've got a fever.  And the only prescription, is more boob-hole." -Dan DiDio   (okay, he didn't really say that.  But I like to imagine...) "

LOL
#32 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@G Bird said:
" I love how her costume is, the big boob window is great! And it's a perfect distraction to catch enemies and opponents off guard. "
Exactly. And it serves as a great distraction to readers, too lol
#33 Posted by Selvokaz (200 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786:

thing is though, it doesn't matter what we think of her as a character. In universe, every villain that comes across her knows, that a snide comment about her boobs could leave them in intensive care for months.
#34 Posted by Shanana (53348 posts) - - Show Bio

Her "Current" Costume is her new costume. I think it keeps the Power Girl image. I don't see reason for a change

#35 Posted by Shadowdoggy (3815 posts) - - Show Bio

yeah, and her costume is pretty signature at this point 
sure, some artists go a little crazier than other with the cleavage 
but I think it's not nearly as bad most of the time 
#36 Posted by Shanana (53348 posts) - - Show Bio

@Greenskin

Exactly! I hate it when people say "I don't like so and so" being they have big boobs or etc. Come'on now it's a comic character!

#37 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shadowdoggy said:
" yeah, and her costume is pretty signature at this point sure, some artists go a little crazier than other with the cleavage but I think it's not nearly as bad most of the time  "
Yeah, there's a whole lot of variations on the hole, some make it round, some square, but the basic design is awesome and shouldnt be changed
#38 Posted by CaptHowdy (194 posts) - - Show Bio

She needs to cut the back of her outfit to a tooth floss thong type thing to assist in balancing out the distractions from the front so she can better distract enemies from behind as well.

#39 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@CaptHowdy: The front is already distracting enough, no need for extra distractions (although i'd like to see how that works out)
#40 Posted by BradBrains (91 posts) - - Show Bio

i like it the way it is. 

#41 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio
@AmazingJoe said:
"Her current costume is a nice mix of the classic look with a more modern feel.  Doesn't need to be changed. "

Exactly!
#42 Posted by Methos (40103 posts) - - Show Bio

Leave it alone... 

lets just hope more moths don't get to the front of her costume 

M

#43 Posted by jesusjoe (51 posts) - - Show Bio

Can't say that I can justify the cleavage window as a logo. Not for the name 'Power Girl'. 'The Mammary Matron', or 'Lady Lumps' or 'Sister Silicone'... that'd work with the costume. Really, I'm happy with them changing either one, but ifyou're going to have power in your name, your logo needs to be more... intimidating. Maybe if she tattooed lighting bolts there or something. No wait, I've got a better idea- that, but for a female version of Flash... get it?

#44 Posted by 123422 (1013 posts) - - Show Bio
@jesusjoe: Lightning bolts tattoeoed on her cleavage? That, i would like to see
#45 Posted by Billy Batson (58268 posts) - - Show Bio

She should get a bigger "window".

#46 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

No symbol.

#47 Posted by PowerHerc (85153 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
"@Nerx: dosent she look better without it? "

Nope.  She looks better with it.   

Power Girl has been around for well over 30 years.  Until recently she's been a background /peripheral character. Now she has finally had her chance to shine in her own monthly book and she's getting a lot of attention and winning over a lot of fans.  A big part of her appeal is her look.  It's sexy and unique.  It's not old and played-out.   

I say leave her costume alone, it looks great.     
#48 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc: Agreed!
#49 Posted by ScarlettLynn (160 posts) - - Show Bio

I think if they ever closed the window then they should do it with her finding her symbol. Just covering it up feels like she's abandoning her original stated intent for leaving it open. It feels like a defeat and for a character with such sadness surrounding her it would be incredibly depressing. Let her find her symbol, her shield, her whatever someday and then fill it in.

#50 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio
@ScarlettLynn said:
"  I think if they ever closed the window then they should do it with her finding her symbol. Just covering it up feels like she's abandoning her original stated intent for leaving it open. It feels like a defeat and for a character with such sadness surrounding her it would be incredibly depressing. Let her find her symbol, her shield, her whatever someday and then fill it in. "
No, no symbol, if they want her to be more modest(In an industry with Witchblade in it, everything is more modest that her) that's fine, but a symbol is dumb

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.