Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1702 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

She's coming back!

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Saren

DC just released plans for their second wave, with 6 new titles. Here are the solicits for the relevant ones:

* EARTH 2 - Writer: James Robinson. Artist: Nicola Scott. The greatest heroes on a parallel Earth, the Justice Society combats threats that will set them on a collision course with other worlds.
    * WORLDS' FINEST - Writer: Paul Levitz. Artists: George Perez and Kevin Maguire. Stranded on our world from a parallel reality, Huntress and Power Girl struggle to find their way back to Earth 2. Perez and Maguire will be the artists on alternating story arcs.

While it's uncertain whether Kara will be in Earth 2, she's co-starring with Huntress in World's Finest. The solicit from Huntress #6 suggests she *might* be appearing at the end as the surprise guest star, since it ends in March and WF starts in May:

The shattering conclusion as Huntress, with a billion-euro price on her head and a warrant for her arrest from Interpol, has one last battle to fight before she can leave Italy alive! And don't miss the surprise guest-star at the end of this issue!

What think, Viners?

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By super_psycho

@CitizenBane: What if they change her costume? :P

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Saren

@super_psycho said:

I'll read you, Kara. No matter what they do.

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#4  Edited By Billy Batson

Now is the chance to make a bigger whole.
    BB

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By super_psycho

@CitizenBane said:

@super_psycho said:

is that her new costume?

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By azza04

Yeah this is some good dam news!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By kidchipotle

Best news I've heard from DC in a long time. Cannot wait to read some Earth-2 and World's Finest.

However, which Huntress is it? I haven't read the Huntress series since issue 2 (haven't had the time) so I don't remember if they revealed who she was, but since its Earth-2 it would make sense that its Helena Wayne...unless they dont plan on making Earth-2 versions of Supes, Bats, WW, Robin, etc.......

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By achilles100

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Best news I've heard from DC in a long time. Cannot wait to read some Earth-2 and World's Finest.

However, which Huntress is it? I haven't read the Huntress series since issue 2 (haven't had the time) so I don't remember if they revealed who she was, but since its Earth-2 it would make sense that its Helena Wayne...unless they dont plan on making Earth-2 versions of Supes, Bats, WW, Robin, etc.......

Huntress in this is Helena Wayne, the daughter of Earth-2's Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle. Power Girl is Karen Starr from Mr. Terrific, and is also from Earth-2. No precise word on if she's also Kara Zor-L, but Levitz's comments sure sound like it. PG and Hunts are looking to go home. PG really wants to go home because she thinks she's needed there, Hunts not so much. They will encounter DCnU's Bruce Wayne and Catwoman at some point, along with other DCnU luminaries. One or both of them is stealing from someone who won't like it much when they fine out. The first scene includes Helena and Kara sitting in a cafe in Tokyo with Helena going through passports of all her fake IDs, including Helena B.

It's a buddy sort of thing like Superman/Batman, with lots of explosions and fights. McGuire, one of the artists, along with Perez, did the art in Superman/Batman #27, which was the last story to feature both ladies, set on Earth-2, (it was a dream Power Girl had in Kandor with Supergirl). Levitz was the first person to write the two ladies together, and created Huntress, (Helena Wayne). He also wrote many of the earliest Power Girl stories in All-Star Comics. Nothing has been said about the status of the Earth-2 Batman and Superman.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9  Edited By BatteredArmor

@Billy Batson said:

BB

I don't care if your joking I support this 150%

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

#10  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

I think it's far too early to be bringing another Supergirl clone just when she's getting started.

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By daak1212

@Billy Batson said:

BB

!!!!

Hector

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#12  Edited By Hector

Wooo! I miss PG!

battyfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By battyfan1

YAY peegee and hunts.........cannot wait for this series.!

aeka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By aeka

Best news I've heard all week. Roll on May 2012! I've been wanting to read a Huntress/Power Girl book since forever!

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#15  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

So the Huntress mini-series isn't set in the new DCU? O_o

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#16  Edited By jrock85

@BlackArmor said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Cosigned!

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#17  Edited By kidchipotle

@achilles100 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Huntress in this is Helena Wayne, the daughter of Earth-2's Bruce Wayne and Selina Kyle. Power Girl is Karen Starr from Mr. Terrific, and is also from Earth-2. No precise word on if she's also Kara Zor-L, but Levitz's comments sure sound like it. PG and Hunts are looking to go home. PG really wants to go home because she thinks she's needed there, Hunts not so much. They will encounter DCnU's Bruce Wayne and Catwoman at some point, along with other DCnU luminaries. One or both of them is stealing from someone who won't like it much when they fine out. The first scene includes Helena and Kara sitting in a cafe in Tokyo with Helena going through passports of all her fake IDs, including Helena B.

It's a buddy sort of thing like Superman/Batman, with lots of explosions and fights. McGuire, one of the artists, along with Perez, did the art in Superman/Batman #27, which was the last story to feature both ladies, set on Earth-2, (it was a dream Power Girl had in Kandor with Supergirl). Levitz was the first person to write the two ladies together, and created Huntress, (Helena Wayne). He also wrote many of the earliest Power Girl stories in All-Star Comics. Nothing has been said about the status of the Earth-2 Batman and Superman.

I don't like that it's Helena Wayne, but I will be honest it does make for very interesting stories within the DCnU. I guess I can get used to it since they'll probably be in the new universe for some time.

BTW, what's post-flashpoints universe called? I don't think it should be called New Earth still since it's no longer the same time line....

daak1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By daak1212

@jrock85 said:

@BlackArmor said:

@Billy Batson said:

BB

Cosigned!

Copy machine.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19  Edited By LoganRogue24

pg returns yes.
    PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#20  Edited By PowerHerc

This is great news and I can hardly wait.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By achilles100

@War Killer said:

So the Huntress mini-series isn't set in the new DCU? O_o

The Huntress mini Is set in the DCnU. But the two lead characters are from Earth 2, and stranded on the DCnU earth. How they got there will be addressed in Earth 2 the series, and likely in Worlds' Finest as well.

bloggerboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22  Edited By bloggerboy

I'd prefer if Power Girl be part of the JSA I'm glad she's coming back.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By achilles100

I post this without comment, since I don't know what to make of it.

Last week, we announced DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 “Second Wave,” featuring six new series coming in May. In WORLDS’ FINEST, writer Paul Levitz jumps between parallel Earths, following the story of Earth 2’s Huntress and Power Girl as they struggle to find their way back home. But fans of these heroes should keep in mind that they aren’t the Huntress and Power Girl we know so well. Levitz offers some insider insights on what readers can – and can’t – expect from WORLDS’ FINEST:

Nothing’s quite the same…the world they’re in, the rules of the game, the stakes…so Helena and Kara are facing dilemmas in WORLDS’ FINEST that are nothing like any version of either of their previous lives…

Learn the identities they used on Earth 2…watch why those change when they get here…and see the choices they face. It’s a layered puzzle, pulling on the rich history of the DC Universe…but even more on the potential for an explosively different lives in the New 52 universe…and over time, it’ll all pull together to affect the lives of so many…

As a writer, it’s a true joy to collaborate with star artists George Perez and Kevin Maguire, and to be able to design a series to fit their talents together as seamlessly as possible. And the heroines of WORLDS FINEST are simultaneously old friends (to me, as well as each other) and very new acquaintances that you want to grow closer to…if you can. They’re showing a lot of their true selves…but hiding even more.

Welcome to new worlds…and a totally new WORLDS’ FINEST.

jsphsmth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#24  Edited By jsphsmth

@bloggerboy said:

I'd prefer if Power Girl be part of the JSA I'm glad she's coming back.

Agreed. Huntress and Power Girl both would have been interesting in the JSA.

@achilles100 said:

I post this without comment, since I don't know what to make of it.

Last week, we announced DC COMICS-THE NEW 52 “Second Wave,” featuring six new series coming in May. In WORLDS’ FINEST, writer Paul Levitz jumps between parallel Earths, following the story of Earth 2’s Huntress and Power Girl as they struggle to find their way back home. But fans of these heroes should keep in mind that they aren’t the Huntress and Power Girl we know so well. Levitz offers some insider insights on what readers can – and can’t – expect from WORLDS’ FINEST:

Nothing’s quite the same…the world they’re in, the rules of the game, the stakes…so Helena and Kara are facing dilemmas in WORLDS’ FINEST that are nothing like any version of either of their previous lives…

Learn the identities they used on Earth 2…watch why those change when they get here…and see the choices they face. It’s a layered puzzle, pulling on the rich history of the DC Universe…but even more on the potential for an explosively different lives in the New 52 universe…and over time, it’ll all pull together to affect the lives of so many…

As a writer, it’s a true joy to collaborate with star artists George Perez and Kevin Maguire, and to be able to design a series to fit their talents together as seamlessly as possible. And the heroines of WORLDS FINEST are simultaneously old friends (to me, as well as each other) and very new acquaintances that you want to grow closer to…if you can. They’re showing a lot of their true selves…but hiding even more.

Welcome to new worlds…and a totally new WORLDS’ FINEST.

It makes sense if they were Batgirl and Supergirl on Earth-2.

super_psycho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By super_psycho

@CitizenBane said:

@super_psycho said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Saren

@super_psycho said:

@CitizenBane said:

@super_psycho said:

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

KILL YOURSELF

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.