She's baaaaaack

#1 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

WORLDS' FINEST #12

Written by PAUL LEVITZ

Art by KEVIN MAGUIRE and GERALDO BORGES

Cover by RYAN SOOK

On sale MAY 1 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

As Power Girl returns to her classic look, DeSaad wreaks havoc on her tech empire—and PG and Huntress find themselves hunted by the talented torturer from Apokolips.

The book's been less awful than it was at first for a couple of months now. Maybe I can start looking forward to it again.

#2 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#3 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio

As great as that is, a new costume isn't going to help how terribly she's been written.

#4 Posted by Pyrogram (39354 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13261 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

As great as that is, a new costume isn't going to help how terribly she's been written.

what "New Costume"?

#6 Posted by Ravager4 (1627 posts) - - Show Bio
@Avenging-X-Bolt you know what I mean...

Though I admit this us a step in the right direction... Now get a new writer who doesn't portray her as a sleezy dimwit and I might actually consider picking this up again.
#7 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

About $%^&*@! time! But yes, I'm sad to say that until the writing picks up I don't think the classic costume is going to make a difference for this. I still get this ongoing and will continue till its done, but even I agree the writing is just so-so.

#8 Posted by Matchstick (565 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt you know what I mean... Though I admit this us a step in the right direction... Now get a new writer who doesn't portray her as a sleezy dimwit and I might actually consider picking this up again.

Amen to that!

#9 Posted by Batnandez (511 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: Damn huntress looks white girl wasted.

#10 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33607 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: damn we posted the same thing at the exact same time

#11 Posted by entropy_aegis (15335 posts) - - Show Bio

So we're moving back to the status quo already? shows how much DC thought about all this.

#12 Posted by TheHulk (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@Batnandez said:

@CitizenBane: Damn huntress looks white girl wasted.

Maybe Boob-Lady beat her up during her rampage in picture.

#13 Posted by TDK_1997 (14899 posts) - - Show Bio

Let's hope that with the return of the old costume we are going to see the old Power Girl that we liked.

#14 Posted by TheHulk (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@TDK_1997 said:

Let's hope that with the return of the old costume we are going to see the old Power Girl that we liked.

Hulk still wondering why Boob-Lady going on rampage in picture there? What happened? Why she beat up Huntress.

#15 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheHulk said:

@TDK_1997 said:

Hulk still wondering why Boob-Lady going on rampage in picture there? What happened? Why she beat up Huntress.

One can assume that Huntress has been felled by Desaad, as it says in the solicit. Power Girl is then angry, as Desaad has harmed her friend. That's just my initial assumption.
#16 Posted by TheHulk (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@Markus_Langbourn said:

@TheHulk said:

@TDK_1997 said:

One can assume that Huntress has been felled by Desaad, as it says in the solicit. Power Girl is then angry, as Desaad has harmed her friend. That's just my initial assumption.

Oh. Hulk thought something happened to turn Power evil, destroy much of city, and beat up Huntress. Hulk don't really follow continuity of these comics, Hulk needed filling in.

#17 Posted by Mercy_ (92759 posts) - - Show Bio

FCK. YES.

Maybe now they'll refrain from tearing her costume off every issue

#18 Posted by Markus_Langbourn (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheHulk: No worries. I don't follow this series either, but that's just what I gathered from the cover. Generally speaking, any "Possessed Hero vs Hero" fight will involve one actively trying to harm the other, or have them stand over them in a conquering manner. Good rule of thumb to remember :) 

As is avoiding groups of 5 with a man in armor who want to show you a spaceship. That will only end poorly.
#19 Posted by TheHulk (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

FCK. YES. Maybe now they'll refrain from tearing her costume off every issue

They really do that in previous comics?

#20 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

Love that her original costume is back but I'm still prob gonna avoid getting this title...

#21 Posted by Mercy_ (92759 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheHulk

@Mercy_ said:

Yeah. Pretty much every issue she wound up with some/all of her costume ripped off or whatever. It was pretty blatant fan service and kind of went directly in the face of the reasoning behind the new costume - which was to be less blatantly sexy, I guess.

I never minded the boob window, though.
#22 Posted by Izaiah (5199 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not overly impressed by the art or the creativity of the costume design.

#23 Posted by TheHulk (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@TheHulk

@Mercy_ said:

Yeah. Pretty much every issue she wound up with some/all of her costume ripped off or whatever. It was pretty blatant fan service and kind of went directly in the face of the reasoning behind the new costume - which was to be less blatantly sexy, I guess. I never minded the boob window, though.

That sounds really inappropriate. Yes, Hulk never wear shirt, but at least Hulk have decency by wearing pants.

#24 Posted by Mercy_ (92759 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheHulk it was infuriating lol. But I bet Hulk knows all about infuriating stuff ;)
#25 Posted by TheHulk (808 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

@TheHulk it was infuriating lol. But I bet Hulk knows all about infuriating stuff ;)

Hulk surprised. Hulk actually thought you'd like that considering how society is these days. Not to be rude.

#26 Posted by RDClip (1131 posts) - - Show Bio

One step at a time to get the proper P.G. back. Now DC just needs to get Palmiotti and Grey back with her. Levitz just doesn't seem to care one bit about power girl, huntress seems to be the focus of this series (even though I'm still pissed Bernitelli is erased from the DCU)

#27 Posted by dondave (37923 posts) - - Show Bio

Might pick this up again

#28 Posted by Backflip (2266 posts) - - Show Bio

Oooooooh Yeeah!

#29 Posted by xtremekidx (576 posts) - - Show Bio

The Boob window?

im checking it out!

#30 Posted by cameron83 (7419 posts) - - Show Bio

....i find many fans hilarious

#31 Posted by sunhawk (550 posts) - - Show Bio

Cut a few feet from her one shoulder cape and get some new writers that care about her.

#32 Posted by Pokeysteve (8329 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe when her boobs are already out there her clothes won't get ripped to shreds every time she bumps into a door or something.

#33 Posted by TheCannon (18903 posts) - - Show Bio

While I'm glad they got rid of that terrible costume, I don't think she'll be saved. I haven't read her in the DCnU (yet), but I hear it's terrible. A costume can't help bad writing.

#34 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

PG was better than SG..

#35 Posted by Saren (25694 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438: They're talking about Lois in that scan, not Supergirl....

#36 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane: I know BRO, but PG told Superman, she is as strong as him, Superman did not refute,he just say,even you as strong as me,that not enough,they are can hurt us,just it

#37 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

That's right DC. Money Talks, the fans have spoken......buuuutttt all I keep hearing is that this book is bad. Now if we get back Palmiotti and Grey I might give this another look.

#38 Posted by Smart_Dork_Dude (2639 posts) - - Show Bio

@Ravager4 said:

I reserve hope. I might actually BUY this issue to see if there's ANY hope of seeing Power Girl TRULY return. I don't know what DC has been trying to sell us, but it hasn't been Power Girl. I give the new Huntress a but more leniency as it's not Helena Bertinelli, but please. Let's get PG's OLD team on this book ASAP!!!

#39 Posted by SUNMAN (7239 posts) - - Show Bio

The original reason behind the costume:

anyone have the "fill my whole Superman scan? I think it needs to be reposted

not this one:

pretty sure it was photoshoped.

I'm talking about the scan from JSA: Classified #2 where PG explains her distinctive costume "keyhole" as a kind of anti-insignia: "The first time I made the costume, I wanted to have a symbol like you. I just... I couldn't think of anything. I thought eventually, I'd figure it out. And close the hole. But I haven'."

Leading to the infamous "Fill my hole Superman."

if anyone has that scan it would be much appreciated

#40 Posted by KnightRise (4785 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl: angry drunk

Huntress: white girl wasted

#41 Posted by TerryBogard2014 (480 posts) - - Show Bio

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.