Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

Review: Power Girl #18

Zack Freeman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 371

User Lists: 0

Edited By Zack Freeman
    No Caption Provided
    Power Girl squares off against her evil duplicate for a knockdown drag-out brawl in the tundra, and the outcome might just finally bring her close to Maxwell Lord.

The Good

This might be the first time I've ever read a Power Girl comic and thought she was a stone cold bad ass. Fights are literally a dime a dozen in comics and it's, thus, especially hard to make one stand out from the other - - so it's saying a lot that PG's fight with her evil duplicate was absolute powerhouse. Basri's art has so sleek and collected before - - I didn't know he had this kind of force in him.

The Bad

As much I'm digging the art, I do have to question some of the designs, as Sivana's goons reminded me an awful lot of the new Cylons from Battlestar Galactica and PG's evil duplicate costume almost did look too much like a bartender's outfit (then again, I'm not really complaining about that.)

The Verdict - 4/5

Winick and Basri had a really tough act to follow when they took this book over from Palmiotti and Conner.  They've succeeded in not only keeping the fun that made the book so appreciated in the first, but also in giving their own dynamic, kick-ass spin to PG's adventures. Also, I won't spoil things, but this perfectly coincides with the surprise at the end of this week's Brightest Day, getting me seriously excited about where things are heading for the Maxwell Lord mystery.
    NightFang3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By NightFang3

Cool issue.

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#2  Edited By Eyz

PG's evil double??
    Yummy! :P

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Her dupe's costume is almost a reversal of her own.

Avatar image for mintberrycrunch
    MintBerryCrunch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By MintBerryCrunch

Power Girl is cool

SlightConfuse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By SlightConfuse

i toghut ths book was going to be bad after connor,grey and palmotti left but it has been solid can't wait tot read the issue

brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By brc2000

I thought that tying this book to current DC events would make this book less interesting, and am generally not big on Winnick, but the issue was cool and I'm really looking forward to the next one..

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#7  Edited By Darkmount1

I really liked this issue, and I haven't even picked up earlier ones! (Though I have read them as well.)  As a fledgling Crisis historian, Power Girl I've always liked as a character because of her status as one of the two (the other being Superboy-Prime) remaining living survivors of the original DC Multiverse.

Pizawle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Pizawle

Another book I'd love to get completely caught up on, if I just had the funds.

Dr. Detfink

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 72

#9  Edited By Dr. Detfink

I haven't seen a battle with larger DDs than Torie Wilson vs. Melina.

Cybexx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Cybexx

I started reading with Power Girl #13 as Winick and Basri took over, this is the series I look forward to most each month. I did go back and read the Palmotti, Gray, Conner run as well as the Terra mini-series that ties into it and I loved all that, Winick's writing is not quite as fun but it makes up for it with intrigue. 

Conner and Basri are probably tied for me, Conner's animated cartoon look allows an amazing amount of character expression, while Basri's is much more realistic, detailed but very distinct.

mrtrickster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By mrtrickster

love this series.  maxwell lord is super badass
    but as much as i love the super sexy cat fight i still thinks the clone thing is kind of overdone.

WW-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#12  Edited By WW-Fan

this series gets better and better! this issue was amazing! i actully think Power Girl is my favorite Title right now
    Joe_Amazing

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Joe_Amazing

I can't say enough good about this title.  I thought after Palmotti and Conner left the title it'd go downhill.  Was I ever wrong.  PG remains one of my favorite DC heroines; and not just based on looks (although that is a pretty big plus).  She's sassy, fun, tough and determined.

harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#14  Edited By harleyquinn12

I'm really enjoying Winnick and Basri's run so far. I really miss Palmiotti, Conner and Grey(asked Conner and Palmiotti about doing a new Terra project-we all can dream, can't we?)I think these guys are worthy successors.

frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By frogjitsu
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir:  Your mentioning her costume reversal, it reminded me of this Bizzarro Power Girl by CallMePro at deviantArt.
    frogjitsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#16  Edited By frogjitsu

After reading all the praise for this book, I may have to start picking it up again.  After Conner and company left, the book just wasn't as fun, and since I've been so busy, it kind of fell by the way side, but I may give it another chance.

Avatar image for megacomicslover
    megacomicslover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By megacomicslover

Woah..that was one action packed issue!
    Enjoyed much :-)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.