Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

Relaunch...What will happen to Power Girl?

• 59 results
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Primmaster64

Will she somehow survive this like she did in COIE or will she be an entirely new different character?

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By azza04

I hope they merge PG and SG into one character. We don't really need two Kara's.

Avatar image for emperor_gonzo_noir
    Emperor Gonzo Noir

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 17

Three Words. 
    Breast. Reduction. Surgery. 

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#4  Edited By Lance Uppercut
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    Three Words. Breast. Reduction. Surgery. 
    Instant. Boner. Reduction.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Primmaster64
    @azza04: Indeed

@Lance Uppercut said:
    @Emperor Gonzo Noir said:
    Three Words. Breast. Reduction. Surgery. 
    Instant. Boner. Reduction.

LMAO!
    Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#6  Edited By Darkmount1

She's not the only one in danger...where's Franklin Richards when you need him??????????? 

I say we come up with a fanfic where Kismet, the living embodiment of the DCU, saves PG and some others from being potentially wiped out by the end of Flashpoint, and puts them in a pocket Earth until they're needed. One that reflects their home universe, as if Reverse-Flash never touched it. Sort of like Earth-616 was during Heroes Reborn, where only the X-Men, Spidey, Daredevil and others were the only heroes on Earth. 

Or have them join the Exiles temporarily until the DC relaunch blows over.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Primmaster64

lol

Baddamdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8  Edited By Baddamdog

Gonna be so disappointed if she disappears, but I don;y think she will coz she's popular

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By DEGRAAF

There has been word about Supergirl and Superman but other than mention and confirmation there has yet to be any real big annoucement for the El family mythos like the bat family but they are coming down to the last 5 or 10 issues for September so we will see. I am still waiting to hear word on Martian Manhunter

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By iaconpoint

NOOOO!!!! I need my monthly fix of boobs and punching!  But I really hope they take this opportunity to make her a real part of the Superman family and not some distant cousin.

Amegashita

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11  Edited By Amegashita

You have, give or take a variety of situations, 20 years to find out.

destruct0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By destruct0

Hopefully Palmiotti, Gray, and Conner pick it up again to start off her series on a good note!

DMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#13  Edited By DMC
    @destruct0 said:
    Hopefully Palmiotti, Gray, and Conner pick it up again to start off her series on a good note!
    I hope so cause Winick and Basri have new assignments.
    Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
    GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

I wouldn't count Power Girl out yet, since the Superman books haven't been announced, perhaps they will bring her into the superman family.

Avatar image for deactivated-60d8e8271946e
    deactivated-60d8e8271946e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 5

I wouldn't consider her a-part of the Superman family. I think she won't be affected.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Primmaster64

hmm

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By achilles100

Everything so far says she's toast.  Supergirl wearing what is essentially Power Girl's costume puts the nail in her coffin IMO.  About the only hope I see for her is if the whole reboot thing is simply another one of the DCU's universes, and not the main one.  Then we likely have a reboot back to the status quo when Multiversity hits, and PG gets published again.

Which would mean the whole post-Flashpoint reboot thing would simply be another DC swerve---which in this case I'm for.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't see what's wrong with the idea that she won't get affected. 

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
    DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@comicdude23 said:
    Paranoic ideas of crazy fans.
    So far the reboot is not a reboot.
    So nothing will hcange that much, meaby they will destroy the Red Head Jason Todd or find ways to make sense in some characters origins.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Primmaster64
    @comicdude23 said:
    The thing is...HOW will she survive?
    MutenRoshi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By MutenRoshi

Her Boobs are gonna be even bigger 

No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

since all the supes books have been announced, the most likely route  will be that she ends up a grown up version of supergirl
    jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By jrock85

It took a while for Tim Drake's post-reboot status to be addressed, so I'm sure PG will show up somewhere.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Primmaster64

Power girl might not even be on this new DC Earth...she could be from Earth-2 though.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Primmaster64 said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    She stays the same.....fits through.
    Mr. Dead Pool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#26  Edited By Mr. Dead Pool

I hope DC saves her, she is one their hottest ladies 

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

User Lists: 4

#27  Edited By xkoenig
    @achilles100 said:
    Everything so far says she's toast.  Supergirl wearing what is essentially Power Girl's costume puts the nail in her coffin IMO.  About the only hope I see for her is if the whole reboot thing is simply another one of the DCU's universes, and not the main one.  Then we likely have a reboot back to the status quo when Multiversity hits, and PG gets published again.  Which would mean the whole post-Flashpoint reboot thing would simply be another DC swerve---which in this case I'm for.
    I agree. The new Supergirl costume is essentially a cross between old Supergirl and Power Girl: no skirt, fitted boots, different style cape. I wonder how they will do the merge?
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By achilles100

Well, what I've heard lately is that Didio supposedly facebooked that PG will in fact appear in one of the 52 titles.  Whether you buy that or not is up to you.  And that says nothing about which title, or how changed she is from the PG we know.  The JSA is supposedly "resting" according to Didio, who uses the excuse of three JLA titles for not putting out a JSA title.

My own feeling is that Multiversity plays huge into the whole thing, the reboot, its eventual reverting to the current DCU, the absence of the JSA, (by and large), and Power Girl's maybe maybe not appearances in the DCNu.  It does seem that an awful lot of characters who have their origins on some of the DCU's other universes aren't showing up for this, or have been so played down as to cause their fans to wonder if they're showing up.  Hawkman of course throws a wrench in that, as might Power Girl herself if she does indeed show up somewhere.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Primmaster64
    @comicdude23 said:
    @Primmaster64 said:
    @comicdude23 said:
    She stays the same.....fits through.
    You didn't really answer my question....
    Herx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

#30  Edited By Herx

Well i think of it like this.The 52 titles that are being released in September have already been announced, but we also know that Batman Inc will be returning in 2012 re-numbered. So the chance is that PG will probably get her series again in 2012. She's a popular character and DC knows it. Chances are that she'll appear as a member of the JSI later in its run (due to her not being on the cover of  JSI #1).

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By achilles100
    @Unwritten Duck: No she won't.  Didio has also said that DC is "resting" the JSA concept for now.  His excuse being that they were too busy with three JLA titles.

My guess is either JLA proper, or Stormwatch.  If any of that is true at all, of course.  And I don't think her title is coming back in 2012 at least.  Maybe after Multiversity hits.
    Judge_Dredd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32  Edited By Judge_Dredd

So, is Power Girl cancelled? Somebody said that elsewhere, but it's not confirmed. What'd be the final issue before the relaunch, #27?

PG is one of the most entertaining standalone DC books, and she's a classic character, so that'd be harsh. Could always use some more PG.

MydLyfeCrysis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By MydLyfeCrysis

I really like Power Girl, and I'm hoping we don't see an amazing disappearing act from her. Her run as chairman of the JSA, and the specifically the "Thy Kingdom Come" plot was great. Though I know the JSA is going to be MIA for now, to see Power Girl go the way of the dodo would be disappointing. The current podcast says Power Girl is, indeed, gone. Now I don't know if she's gone as a character or simply gone from her own book and from JSA (which honestly leaves her nowhere to appear.) I enjoyed her personality, her characterization, and the idea of the lost daughter of Krypton from a collapsed universe. 

I really dug the JSA as a whole, to be honest. The older heroes with that classic style in our modern era created a very enjoyable series.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#34  Edited By lorex

DC is going through this huge upheaval and scores of new titles. There are the usual suspects such as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and so on but there are also titles Animal Man, Resurrection Man, Sgt Rock, Demon Knights, etc.  How the hell do they have 
    Resurrection Man title and not a Power Girl, or Justice Society book. The whole relaunch smacks of desperation on DC's part to try to get more readers and whip the fanboys into a frenzy. Power Girl has been a part of DC since before the 1985 Crisis on Infinite Earths.
    Some rumors state that Supergirl and Power Girl are going to be merged into one character. To me that is a mistake both characters have an established history and following, and I have really enjoyed the Power Girl title since it launched 2 years ago. Even with the 
    change in creative teams it never took itself too seriously while delivering good stories. I guess we will have to wait and see what the fallout from this time of change is.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By achilles100
    @lorex said:
    DC is going through this huge upheaval and scores of new titles. There are the usual suspects such as Superman, Batman, Green Lantern and so on but there are also titles Animal Man, Resurrection Man, Sgt Rock, Demon Knights, etc.  How the hell do they have  Resurrection Man title and not a Power Girl, or Justice Society book. The whole relaunch smacks of desperation on DC's part to try to get more readers and whip the fanboys into a frenzy. Power Girl has been a part of DC since before the 1985 Crisis on Infinite Earths. Some rumors state that Supergirl and Power Girl are going to be merged into one character. To me that is a mistake both characters have an established history and following, and I have really enjoyed the Power Girl title since it launched 2 years ago. Even with the  change in creative teams it never took itself too seriously while delivering good stories. I guess we will have to wait and see what the fallout from this time of change is.
    Judging from the solicit for Supergirl, they aren't going to be merged.  I'm not sure what the deal is with SG's new Power Girl style costume, but the description of her is pretty much the exact opposite of how Power Girl has always been portrayed.

It looks now that barring a leak from TPTB at DC, the soonest we'll find out anything for sure about PG is at the San Diego Comic Con.  Probably not even then if I had to guess.  Most likely we'll have to wait through September to see if she does indeed appear in any of the 52 books like Didio is rumored to have said, (and since I haven't seen this firsthand, I can't confirm that he even said it).
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#36  Edited By Deranged Midget

She'll be fine.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Deranged Midget: how?
    Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#38  Edited By Deranged Midget

@Primmaster64: They wouldn't go through giving her a new look and identity just to completely erase her from continuity. Perhaps she won't be exactly the same but she'll return in some sort of manner.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By nefarious

Her boobs will grow larger.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By achilles100

One thing that occurs to me is that we were told that Max Lord plays a big part in the DCNu JLI series.  Which is a good thing in retrospect, since the Power Girl series was so heavily involved with the Generation Lost story.  For example, part of Max's plan was to clone Power Girl and create Divine---who might well still be with him, along with CRASH, as neither were directly involved in the finale of Gen Lost.  Certainly they'd give him muscle to use against the JLI and all and sundry challengers, but it goes back to the old Monty Python line:  "If we're on film, then SOMEONE must be filming us!"

If Divine does indeed exist in the DCNu, then so must Power Girl.  And she might be turning up at the end of the first issue of JLI, if the reported Didio comment about her turning up in one of the 52 books in September is true.

xkoenig

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 60

#41  Edited By xkoenig

Relegating Power Girl to small cameo roles in JLI or Justice League is weak. She's a great character who has been really nicely built up recently. Oh well, if this is all a temporary continuity change before everything reverts back sometime next year then she'll be back.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Primmaster64

...not what I'm trying to...never mind

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By achilles100

One thing to keep in mind when viewing the cover to Voodoo #2 is that while that character does indeed look exactly like Karen Starr pre-makeover, and the artist IS Basri, Chase also looks a lot like that, and would be a more natural fit pursuing Voodoo and putting a gun up in her face.

So hopefully that isn't Karen, and she will show up somewhere else as she was before the reboot, an alternate universe Kryptonian named Kara-Zor-L, who goes by Power Girl.

And while she may or may not show up in JLI as part of the cast, keep in mind that there are also replacement series in the works---hopefully Power Girl volume 3 is one of them, and hopefully this time DC will get behind it more, and have some crossovers that matter, name talent that draws readers, and some promotion of the book.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By achilles100

And now we know what happens to her, sort of...or at least where she turns up.  Mr. Terrific.  As Karen Starr, not Power Girl.  DC seems to be going out of their way to avoid calling her Power Girl, even in response to questions that ask about Power Girl, not Karen Starr.  And they use the other hero's "hero" names, not their secret ID names...but not with her.  They only call her Karen Starr.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Primmaster64

Let's see.

LoganRogue24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By LoganRogue24

i hope pg is still keeping her title cause i love her book and if you think about it her book is still really a young series only 26 issues so far supergirl has 66 issues so in my view powergirl is still a baby reguarding her book. we will see this relaunch has me worried for pg and supergirl.
    dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#47  Edited By dernman

Didn't they sat she was going to be in Mr Terrific's new book.

lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#48  Edited By lorex

I don't think PG should be a supporting character for Mr Terrific's new title, if anything he should be her supporting character. As for changing her history again well I do not like it at all. It's not that I don't like the Idea of PG being Karen Starr. 
    I actually like that idea. Having an alter ego it a time honored tradition in comics and one I think PG needed, but changing her whole back story where it seems no one knows her as PG just seems stupid.

Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Primmaster64

My concern is that will she still be Kara-Zoe-L? the Supergirl from earth 2 cousin of the Original GA Superman?

agent9149

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#50  Edited By agent9149

i hope they stop making her say "eyes up here buddy" its insulting and defeats the purpose

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.