powergirl strength is chaos

#1 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

she can lift a small city ship,this ship at least far heavy"10000 tonnes"
The new powergirl comic 27 
she say "this thing is heavy"

the Leaning Tower of Pisa is just "14,500 tonnes" 

powergirl almost beat wonder woman in physically strong 
wonder woman can move earth,this more far heavy than  Leaning Tower of Pisa heavy 10000tonnes 

lobo can lift trillion tonnes,supergirl can with he in the arm wresting 

supergirl say powergirl is stronger than me 

i don't think PG why say this???????is too easily!!! 

this should is  totally insignificant for her  awesome muscles!!!!
#2 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio

In fact,lobo is crimp  trillion tonnes,that need more strong to do this feats,and powergirl is so strong,she is stronger than SHAZAM! 

i think,the writer always underestimate to heroine   
Leaning Tower of Pisa is "heavy" to powergirl???? 
well,i think writer is crazy.
#3 Posted by destruct0 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, I'd say PG is has some of the inconsistent writers for her powers..

#4 Posted by iaconpoint (867 posts) - - Show Bio

She should be the female equivalent of Superman, but most writers seem to forget this. Not quite as strong as Supes (but close) because she's female but stronger than Supergirl because PG is a grown woman and Supergirl is still a kid.  

#5 Edited by katanalauncher (937 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe by "crap this is heavy" maybe instead of this is too heavy for her she meant that the tower might crumble on it's own weight?

While with the ship she could apply large amount of force without worrying about the balancing the object.

#6 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
@katanalauncher said:

Maybe by "crap this is heavy" maybe instead of this is too heavy for her she meant that the tower might crumble on it's own weight?

While with the ship she could applie large amount of force without worrying about the balancing the object.

i 100% agree you point 
powergirl just  worrying crumble tower ...
#7 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, the Power Girl is very strong indeed.  She can lift most anything.  Doesn't her strength or aura or something stop things she lifts/moves from crumbling?  I know Superman does with his bio-aura.  If Power Girl is indeed in his class, then hers she likewise.  And don't forget, she does have limits to her strength, so somethings may be heavy and even too heavy for her.
#8 Edited by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't know if the Wonder Woman thing is a feat.... 

#9 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
@QuasarPrime said:
Yes, the Power Girl is very strong indeed.  She can lift most anything.  Doesn't her strength or aura or something stop things she lifts/moves from crumbling?  I know Superman does with his bio-aura.  If Power Girl is indeed in his class, then hers she likewise.  And don't forget, she does have limits to her strength, so somethings may be heavy and even too heavy for her.

Leaning Tower of Pisa is just "14,500 tonnes" 
lobo can lift  trillion tonnes,supergirl can with him in the arm wresting 
powergirl strong =supergirl(maybe a bit stronger) 
1000000000000 vs 14500  
ok....is "heavy" 
sigh
#10 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow
so?wonder woman just has good fight 
fight not stronger
#11 Posted by lorex (928 posts) - - Show Bio

The problem with Power Girls strength is it varies from writer because they never want to show her as strong as superman, cause they cant have that and they seem to be more flexible portraying her powers compared to others.

#12 Posted by Comicfan47 (706 posts) - - Show Bio

What? Wonder Woman moving a planet??????

#13 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Comicfan47 said:
What? Wonder Woman moving a planet??????

no,she can't
#15 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Edited by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio
@a88378438 said:

@Batcrow: so?wonder woman just has good fight fight not stronger

I doubt this takes much skill  
Or this: 

But I do agree that Power Girl is stronger than Supergirl. 
#17 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow
i think powergirl strong= wonder woman 
however,i don't want to spat 
wonder woman is not most powerful woman in DC charaer (physically strong) 
maybe wonder woman stronger than powergirl and supergirl 
but SA supergirl>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>wonder woman
#18 Posted by Batcrow (232 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh so this is the Silver Age Supergirl Respect Thread now?

#19 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
@Batcrow
ok ok....you wins.....
wonder woman is stronnger than powergirl,Are you satisfied?
#20 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

YES!!! 

Finally,  you get it!  WW is stronger than Power Girl.  Power Girl is strong.  Maybe stronger than Supergirl now (who is a younger alternate earth version of PG, so she will eventually catch up, but still be under WW!)   

Sigh.
#21 Posted by achilles100 (189 posts) - - Show Bio
@QuasarPrime: Er, in that same issue, Wonder Woman herself mentions that Power Girl is at LEAST as strong as she is...
#22 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio

@achilles100: I never mentioned any issue or posted any pics! 

I don't know of WW stating anything about PG being stronger than she herself. 

But I do know that WW is DC's premiere Female and that they themselves had stated she is the strongest female, second only to Superman!  Now, if that has changed, I am not aware of it.  Does anyone know if DC says differently these days??
#23 Posted by achilles100 (189 posts) - - Show Bio
@QuasarPrime: The very latest word on the subject was what I mentioned, from Wonder Woman herself, in Wonder Woman's title.  From about a year ago.  "At least as strong as I am..."
#24 Posted by QuasarPrime (57 posts) - - Show Bio
@achilles100

OK, thanks for the info, achilles100.  

I did look at the scans, and to me, it doesn't look like WW is losing.  Neither one seems to be winning.  Both seem to be able to withstand the other one's blows and hit back.  So similar strengths, reflexes, speed and durability.  That is certainly possible. 

And it is likely that DC changed their collective mind on the subject of who is their strongest female since PG has grown into being a woman and into her full powers.  Maybe she should now change her name to Power Woman.  I like the sound of that. 

I have always liked Power Girl, and I was the first person out of my circle who even knew of PG!  Everyone thought I meant Supergirl, made a name mistake, that she was really SG in "disguise" for a story plot, or that I was making her up!  Even when I showed the issues for proof, it took a very long time (years!) before anyone really knew of her or thought highly of her as a super-powerful heroine. 

I do not dislike Power Girl by any means, I had just never thought of her as being stronger than WW.   

But, to me, I'll always think of the Amazing Amazon as the strongest, just like I think of Mon-El as stronger than Superman.
#25 Posted by a88378438 (3421 posts) - - Show Bio
#26 Posted by TheThinker (8 posts) - - Show Bio

PG is stronger than wonderwoman. 

@a88378438

Don't worry that is just comic book fluctuation, all of the powerhouses suffer from it, I remember supes struggling with a bridge, and keep in mind, that this is the same supes that moves planets by himself. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.