PowerGirl Clone...

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio

*****THIS ARTICLE CONTAINS SPOILERS***** 

DO NOT SCROLL IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW SPOILERS !!!!! 

K. This should probably go under Divine's page eventually but she doesnt have one yet. According to the prviews, Divine is an altered clone of Power Girl. All the abilities of Power Girl. We arent quite sure if she has any weaknesses to kryponite or magic as most Kryptonians do (also kryptonite shouldnt affect her or Power Girl any ways since Power Girl is from an Alternate earth).  

I kinda want to go in to the fact that clones are over done. Superboy, Bizzaro, Bizzaro Girl, and Divine are all clones. Match is a clone of a clone (being Superboy). But really the clone threads have been done just as much the clone characters have. 

I'm kinda jumpin forward in time but unless something has changed, wont Divine turn out to be just like Bizzaro? How did Dr. Sivana get her D.N.A. and who's elses does he have? Why did it take Maxwell Lord coming to him to clone D.N.A. that he already has? If Divine stays the way she is supposed to does that prove the Dr. Savinia is ultimately smarter then Lex Luthor and his scientists? When i first read the prview it just reminded me of Galetea from the Justice League Unlimited: Animated Series. 

After all is said and done. I like the art much more in this then i have in earlier issues (not sure if its the same artist or not). This actually looks like an issue i would want to pick up based on Powergirl. I've never really liked her. It's not that i hated her either, i just didnt see anything special about her that would make me want to read her comic instead of Supergirls.
#2 Posted by Darkmount1 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm thinking that since PG's from an alternate universe, the rules of cloning her genes wouldn't necessarily apply to her unlike the case for Bizarro, B-Supergirl, and Match.  It's possible that because of this (and that there was no Bizarro on Earth-Two), her DNA is ideal for cloning purposes.

#3 Posted by sky-pirate (111 posts) - - Show Bio

I was hoping that Divine would turn out to originally have been a human woman, who'd been genetically altered, to match PG both biologically and in appearance.
#4 Posted by DEGRAAF (7869 posts) - - Show Bio
@sky-pirate: 
why would you want it to be a human woman? That just reminds me of Lucy Lane 

@Darkmount1:

do you think that her DNA is that different? you would think that it being from an alternate universe would make it harder to understand if anything.
#5 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

I am liking the chest

#6 Posted by sky-pirate (111 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:
Because clones have been done to death.
#7 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

I hope that whatever the character is, she sticks around. Power Girl's rogues gallery needs some building.

#8 Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 (1005 posts) - - Show Bio
@DEGRAAF:
How do you not like Power Girl? Her series' been great since issue 1 came out months ago.
#9 Posted by Darkmount1 (1268 posts) - - Show Bio
@JoseDRiveraTCR7:
I agree, though I haven't picked up any issues/tpb's yet.  This is the way I see the series-DC finally now has an answer to Marvel's "The Sensational She-Hulk" series from 1989-93?....Well, actually, the first 12 issues are.  From #13 onwards is when things got serious (and began a lack of Atlee in sight) and more like the 2006 "Ms. Marvel" series.
#10 Posted by PowerHerc (80842 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:
"I hope that whatever the character is, she sticks around. Power Girl's rogues gallery needs some building. "

Yes, it does.
#11 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio

im so tired of clones and i agree that power girl's rogue gallery needs expanding
#12 Posted by kitsuneconundrum (208 posts) - - Show Bio

i am disappointed by the lack of bust jokes.

#13 Posted by achilles100 (199 posts) - - Show Bio

Divine's okay, I suppose.  But fighting herself essentially isn't a great way to build up Power Girl as a hero.  She needs to fight villains who are recognizably top flight.  Give her a Doomsday or Darkseid fight which she wins, then give her new villains who branch out to fight other heroes so that the villains themselves can get established.  One of the things about PG is that she has almost no impressive solo wins over top bad guys.  Every other hero that gets taken seriously has, she needs some.

#14 Posted by Valtot (4502 posts) - - Show Bio

o no not another clone
#15 Posted by punchline (53 posts) - - Show Bio

i could "bust" out better villains then a clone. DC couldn't dig any deeper into their "chest" of villains for powergirl. they should give her a double  d-ilemma to deal with. They are not going to "rack" up any new readers with stories like this. i guess i should stop. Ta-ta's for now

#16 Posted by KZR (487 posts) - - Show Bio
@THALASTDRAGON:  I agree. I think because she is a such a good character that having a clone would make her.. well seem a bit less interesting. However she needs more enemies. Maybe another woman but not a clone again.
#17 Posted by achilles100 (199 posts) - - Show Bio
@KZR said:
" @THALASTDRAGON:  I agree. I think because she is a such a good character that having a clone would make her.. well seem a bit less interesting. However she needs more enemies. Maybe another woman but not a clone again. "
Saturn Queen.  Not a physical match for her, but she's got the telepathy thing going.  Plus, she can bring along the Crime Syndicate.  And it is an unresolved plot thread from the Candor arc of Supergirl.
#18 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio
@punchline said:
"i could "bust" out better villains then a clone. DC couldn't dig any deeper into their "chest" of villains for powergirl. they should give her a double  d-ilemma to deal with. They are not going to "rack" up any new readers with stories like this. i guess i should stop. Ta-ta's for now "

I can see why you call yourself "punchline" now... =P
#19 Posted by Ms. Omega (4392 posts) - - Show Bio

At least she is a smexey clone :)

#20 Posted by Ms. Omega (4392 posts) - - Show Bio
@punchline said:
" i could "bust" out better villains then a clone. DC couldn't dig any deeper into their "chest" of villains for powergirl. they should give her a double  d-ilemma to deal with. They are not going to "rack" up any new readers with stories like this. i guess i should stop. Ta-ta's for now "
lol
#21 Posted by THALASTDRAGON (387 posts) - - Show Bio
@punchline said:
" i could "bust" out better villains then a clone. DC couldn't dig any deeper into their "chest" of villains for powergirl. they should give her a double  d-ilemma to deal with. They are not going to "rack" up any new readers with stories like this. i guess i should stop. Ta-ta's for now "
u deserve an internet high five
#22 Posted by karrob (4274 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerHerc said:
" @brc2000 said:
"I hope that whatever the character is, she sticks around. Power Girl's rogues gallery needs some building. "
Yes, it does. "
#23 Posted by AFArtist1973 (113 posts) - - Show Bio
@THALASTDRAGON said:
" @punchline said:
u deserve an internet high five "

X2 

Jim

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.