Power Girl's All-Star Costume

#1 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

m liking the series. Did anyone else notice Powergirls costume? while her and Magog were sparring her costume no longer had the chest hole. I didnt even notice it at first. I like the new Look. 

Wasnt it said that she left that open until she found a symbol to fill it in with or was that just fan talk? 

It reminds me of black canary's leather costume just in white instead of black of course

#2 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

I always figured they would just fill it in, considering how much flak they get over it, although I applaud them for not caving.

But that was always the problem I think, if you don't actually put a symbol on her outfit its kinda generic. And generic just isn't Kryptonian standards.

#3 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio

Scan please?

#4 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@~The Wanderer~:
I actaully didn'y notice it until DEGRAAF pointed out
#5 Posted by ~The Wanderer~ (34406 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK: Thanks.
Well, I guess the lack of a window is the only difference xD  There should've been a symbol there in its place, at least.
#6 Posted by Ryonslaught (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought the "circle" was her symbol :P

#7 Edited by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

i actually like it more and more this way the more i think about it, i dont know why. 

I think i take her more seriously when she doesnt have the twins popping out, she seems more like a leader to me too
#8 Posted by Bubbly Bunny (72 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks older but in a good way and the costume looks so much better

#9 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15040 posts) - - Show Bio

I love All Stars and I love her new costume it fits her attitude and personality better than her old one

#10 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio

She looks good but I miss the "circle" .

#11 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang said:
" She looks good but I miss the "circle" . "
Ditto. Bring the hole back! It was there for a purpose.
#12 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom said:
" @NightFang said:
" She looks good but I miss the "circle" . "
Ditto. Bring the hole back! It was there for a purpose. "

QFT! 

seriously, there was a whole explanation for that, you can't throw that all away, my guess is it was a mistake, an accidental spill of white ink that the editor's missed
#13 Posted by NightFang (10274 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost: Good, cuz I think she made the "Circle" her own thing and it souldn't be changed.
#14 Posted by TKinesis (7 posts) - - Show Bio

The cleavage was grotesque.
#15 Posted by Ryonslaught (1214 posts) - - Show Bio
@NightFang:  I concur my friend, WE DEMAND OUR CIRCLE RETURNS!!

lol
#16 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

i think if they want to show off her chest they should put her in some kind of push up outfit like wonder womans or a corset like Emma Frost. I thought the hole didnt look right

#17 Posted by Xion (247 posts) - - Show Bio

i dont mind if she has the old suit or a new one, she is still awesome :)

#18 Posted by Strafe Prower (11892 posts) - - Show Bio

The artist should be shot for drawing Wildcat(Tom) Like that....ew....
#19 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio

On a serious note, this most likely reflects a costume change made in her own series, but was published before due to a scheduling mix up. So unless we see the same costume in the Power Girl series, we have nothing to worry about.

And if we do see the same costume, we torch down DC, of course...

#20 Posted by DH69 (4193 posts) - - Show Bio

RAGE!!!! oh well i dont read dc stuff back to marvel and its wonderful grab bag of plot holes and events

#21 Posted by MrDirector786 (43652 posts) - - Show Bio

#22 Posted by hpwaz (200 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, in the Justice Society annual which takes place right after this, Power Girl still has her circle...Yeahhh!!
#23 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"
"
LOL
#24 Posted by Emperor Gonzo Noir (18976 posts) - - Show Bio

Respectability is sexy

#25 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"
"
So awesome
#26 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio
Heres the cover for issue #41 of Wonder Women and she has the hole seems that it might have just been a mistake.

@Ryonslaught said:
" I thought the "circle" was her symbol "
Looks like they changed it to more of a rectangle shape
#27 Posted by Ryonslaught (1214 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedK:
better than last ish but .......the circle was classic!
#28 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio

ive seen circle, oval, rectangle and nothing in that area in the last month
#29 Posted by Mahtu (191 posts) - - Show Bio

well it certainly looks more practical but i do miss the cutout.  She just isn't powergirl w/o some cleavage :P

#30 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mahtu said:
" well it certainly looks more practical but i do miss the cutout.  She just isn't powergirl w/o some cleavage :P "
Don't worry, the cutout is still there. That was just an artistic blunder.
#31 Posted by BaronVonDredd (244 posts) - - Show Bio

If she wants to be taken seriously as a DC Comics character, the hole has GOT to go. No matter how much I like looking at it, it's a major distraction from what truly makes a superheroine special.
#32 Posted by DEGRAAF (7918 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd:
definitely agree, i think she can be taken alot more serious w/o the hole. I think they should get rid of it
#33 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd: How can a fictional character influence the writers and artists to be taken more serious?
#34 Edited by 123422 (1010 posts) - - Show Bio
@BaronVonDredd said:

" If she wants to be taken seriously as a DC Comics character, the hole has GOT to go. No matter how much I like looking at it, it's a major distraction from what truly makes a superheroine special. "

But she is a character that's there to be enjoyed, read her books it's entertaining, and that is the point right there.
#35 Posted by Explosive (123 posts) - - Show Bio

No cleavage hole is just as bad as putting lipstick and mascara on superman

#36 Posted by darkstorm1 (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't care if the Chest hole is there or not to be honest.  Infact that particular issue I didn't pay no mind to it at all.  However there is a reason for the chest hole.  As she said to Superman herself her lack of a symbol there is a reference to her lack of self identity and as soon as she begins to get a better grip on herself and who she is as a person than she will fill in the hole.
#37 Posted by zombie flash (198 posts) - - Show Bio

what was the point of the circle in the first place but i agree i never noticed till now and it should return
#38 Posted by AtPhantom (14521 posts) - - Show Bio
@zombie flash said:
" what was the point of the circle in the first place but i agree i never noticed till now and it should return "
it can't return because it's not gone. It was even stated here on the thread.
#39 Posted by zombie flash (198 posts) - - Show Bio
@AtPhantom:
k but what is point of it
#40 Posted by Overkill (404 posts) - - Show Bio

It's outrageous!! It's like Wonder Woman wearing pants! Oh wait.. 

#41 Posted by Lustwish (531 posts) - - Show Bio

She still looks great, but miss the cleavage. 

#42 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

lol

#43 Posted by Heml0ck (22 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the regular costume. Bring Back the Hole!!  Bring Back the Hole!!   Bring Back the Hole!!    
#44 Posted by Video_Martian (5562 posts) - - Show Bio
@MrDirector786 said:
"
"
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!! LOL!!!!!!!!! =)

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.