Power Girl is BACK!

#1 Posted by achilles100 (239 posts) - - Show Bio

In the DCnU that is.  At some point.  For sure.  According to the guy who asked the question at the SDCC panel, and the podcast of said panel.

The link below:

http://assets.dccomics.com/media/podcasts/DCComics_2011-07-22_DC_Justice_League_at_SDCC_2011.mp3

It's about at 41 minutes into it.

No word on when.  Sounds like in the pages of Mr. Terrific.  No word on if her origin is the same.  No word even if Karen Starr is PG, or if someone else is.

But still, Power Girl will be back!

#2 Posted by The Poet (8156 posts) - - Show Bio

hmmm....should be interesting how they explain this one...

#3 Posted by Primmaster64 (21073 posts) - - Show Bio

Will it be Kara-Zor-L?

#4 Posted by The Stegman (25961 posts) - - Show Bio

i hope they give her a new origins, her old one is just messed up...plus if they get rid of the multiverse..then they HAVE to give her a new origins

#5 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1119 posts) - - Show Bio

Great....I have to pick up Mr. Terrific if I want to see PG. Why didn't they just include Justice Society of America in the launch?

#6 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@Duo_forbidden
I was going to pick up Mr. Terrific anyway, but it doesn't hurt that PG is in it.
#7 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:
hmmm....should be interesting how they explain this one...
It's been confirmed that the Multiverse still exists so there are still multiple Earths.
#8 Posted by The Poet (8156 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: true, but did the crisis still happen? That is how she gets stranded in the regular DC universe. I'm curious how they explain it without destroying whole universes...
#9 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet said:
@Kal'smahboi: true, but did the crisis still happen? That is how she gets stranded in the regular DC universe. I'm curious how they explain it without destroying whole universes...
Good question. It'd be nice to have the list of what history is still relevant that the writers were all given.
#10 Posted by The Poet (8156 posts) - - Show Bio
@Kal'smahboi: and what heroes or aspects of heroes are there and what we know wouldn't be included in this new universe...at least what is planed now. no telling what we'll see in the future...
#11 Posted by Kal'smahboi (3567 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Poet: Yeah. I guess they'll give clues to power sets and origin changes in the first arcs.
#12 Posted by MrUnknown (1628 posts) - - Show Bio

At least that is a bit of good news even though it's still a step down from her current position. I wouldn't mind if they decided to tweak her origins, but no pants!

#13 Posted by achilles100 (239 posts) - - Show Bio
@Primmaster64: Unknown if PG is still Kara Zor-L, or if she's even Karen Starr, though I would think that it makes sense for both to be true.  With them messing with Kryptonian powersets, no idea what hers will be.  And of course, though it seems as if Mr. Terrific is where Power Girl will appear as well as Karen Starr, there's no word on when that will happen.  Could be a long wait.  And it seems as if Karen at least is only a guest in Mr. Terrific, rather than ongoing supporting cast.

And it is true that this is still a big come-down from where she was a couple of months ago, when she had her own title, plus JSA All-Stars, plus sometime appearances in JSA, plus Generation Lost---which is still where I think she should be appearing, but they've set it up so she can't.

Hopefully, down the road, Power Girl will get her own title back as a replacement for the ones that fail.  And hopefully, she's much the same as she is now.
#14 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio
@achilles100
I'm not sure, but this kinda looks like her on the cover for Voodoo #2:

#15 Edited by Joe_Amazing (102 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the point then?  PG's had her own book!  Now she been reduced to supporting cast?  This is yet another reason why I'm not taking part of this relaunch!

#16 Posted by WW-Fan (2728 posts) - - Show Bio

i think it would be cool they would change her origin like she was the lost sister of Superman :) 

#17 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio
@WW-Fan said:
i think it would be cool they would change her origin like she was the lost sister of Superman :) 
I'd prefer a clone or gene-splice or something, like Superboy's origin.
#18 Posted by WW-Fan (2728 posts) - - Show Bio
 @fodigg said:
@WW-Fan said:
I'd prefer a clone or gene-splice or something, like Superboy's origin.
yeah that too :)
#19 Posted by IamKryptonite (42 posts) - - Show Bio
@fodigg: I agree. Looks like they have turned Superboy into some android or somethin' anyway so a clone type situation would be interesting.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.