Power Girl #5 -- 29,497 
Power Girl #6 -- 27,060 
Power Girl #7 -- 22,533 
Power Girl #8 -- 21,760 
Power Girl #9 -- 20,900 
Power Girl #10 -- 20,801 
Power Girl #11 -- 20,675 
Power Girl #12 -- 20,681 

New Team: Judd Winick (Story) and Sam Basri (Art). 

Power Girl #13 -- 20,583 
Power Girl #14 -- 19,739 
Power Girl #15 -- 19,091 
Power Girl #16 -- 18,404 
Power Girl #17 -- 17,847 
Power Girl #18 -- 17,300 
Power Girl #19 -- 16,763 
Power Girl #20 -- 16,823 
Power Girl #21 -- 16,940 
Power Girl #22 -- 17,232
Power Girl #23 -- 17,071
Power Girl #24 -- 17,208

POWER GIRL A NEW BEGINNING TP--2,494
POWER GIRL ALIENS AND APES TP--  2,329

Souce:  http://www.icv2.com/articles/news/1850.html    

While not the greatest sells it should be fine as long it doesn't fall below 12k. Here's hoping the sells keep improving, even if it's a little bit like it's been doing for the last several several issues.
#2 Posted by digimod (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Looks like it kept declining until it hit approx 17k where it has been holding fairly steady or 5 issues.  Wonder if tie-in to Justice League: Generation Lost has been keeping it afloat?

#3 Posted by achilles100 (204 posts) - - Show Bio
@digimod said:
" Looks like it kept declining until it hit approx 17k where it has been holding fairly steady or 5 issues.  Wonder if tie-in to Justice League: Generation Lost has been keeping it afloat? "
I'm hoping it's just good word of mouth that will keep giving the book small monthly gains at least until it hits 25 or 30k in sales.  I do think that the parade of guest characters Winick's been having in the book have helped.
#4 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

It's sales, not sells.

But wow, I'm kind of surprised at those early drops in sales since it was as the series progressed I heard more and more people talking about how great it was, weird that less and less people were reading it.
#5 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I've always kinda liked Power Girl but never really read her book. Maybe I should give it a shot.
#6 Posted by destruct0 (25 posts) - - Show Bio

Good find Zoddguts!  Some cool info there.  I would of thought the compilation TPBs "New Beginning" and "Aliens and Apes" would of sold more actually, that's surprising.  I tend to mostly get TPBs myself.  I hope your right and the current run continues to get better.  Though, I feel her comic should be able to stand on it's own with just her; rather than parading around a bunch of guest characters. >.<  Hope it doesn't get too gimicky. 

#7 Posted by Darkmount1 (1276 posts) - - Show Bio

Like I said in an earlier post, it looks like DC's trying to make this the comic equivalent of "Murphy Brown".
#8 Posted by achilles100 (204 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek the lost said:
" It's sales, not sells.

But wow, I'm kind of surprised at those early drops in sales since it was as the series progressed I heard more and more people talking about how great it was, weird that less and less people were reading it.
"
The Palmiotti/Gray run was kind of an nontraditional comic book; and a lot of readers were turned off by it.  Meanwhile, the critics, and those who continued to read in spite of that fact liked it for being light and fun, counter programming to a lot of the rest of the DCU books.
#9 Posted by Primmaster64 (21138 posts) - - Show Bio

Dang

#10 Posted by SmoothJammin (2333 posts) - - Show Bio

I've been reading the law few issues of Power Girl and JLI, they've quickly become among my favorite books
#11 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

Those are not bad charts. Considering how Power Girl is moving away from Generation Lost tie-in, I wonder how well it will do in the future. I've been enjoying the series.

#12 Posted by ZoddGuts (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Issue 22 sold better even though it didn't have JLI tie in, though Superman did guest star. 

#13 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

My run in reading PG was issues 1-6. Kinda sad the drop between issues 1 and 2 if you ask me.

#14 Posted by ZoddGuts (73 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus said:
" My run in reading PG was issues 1-6. Kinda sad the drop between issues 1 and 2 if you ask me. "
Guess people want their comics to be super serious and be like every most comics out there rather than being fun and different... 
#15 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio
@zoddguts: I know, right? I'm on the fence with that issue too...and while there was much of that 6-issue run that I enjoyed, there was also a lot that made me think how silly it was.  The loose tie-ins to Brightest Day I may consider though in a trade later on. Same with Booster's run on the loose tie-ins to Brightest Day.  Oh and not to be off topic...but that picture is the reason why I say in another topic why Adam Hughes is the best artist of females in comics IMHO.
#16 Edited by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio

Eh...it's nothing really unique. Sales generally decline as series move on and they usually only jump up if there's a new creative team, in it ties in to an event or if they advertise that something big is going to happen (like with Grounded). Issue 1 of most comics usually sell more than the rest of it. There's nothing to read into here.

e.g: Batman and Robin:
#1  168,539
#2  117,908
#6  95,646
#9  84,843
#18  68,814

Secret Avengers:
#1: 106,750
#2: 77,933
#3: 72,293
#6: 68,617
#10: 49,717

Zatanna
1#: 33,691
#3: 27,792
#9: 18,482

#17 Posted by achilles100 (204 posts) - - Show Bio
@brc2000 said:
" Eh...it's nothing really unique. Sales generally decline as series move on and they usually only jump up if there's a new creative team, in it ties in to an event or if they advertise that something big is going to happen (like with Grounded). Issue 1 of most comics usually sell more than the rest of it. There's nothing to read into here. "
Though at least part of what might be happening here is that readers who were turned off by the announcement of Winick as the new series writer and dropped the book because of that might have heard the positive word of mouth from readers who gave him a chance and are now starting to come back and see if the word of mouth is correct in their eyes.
#18 Posted by ZoddGuts (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Would it be possible for it to get up to 20k sales again? Or would that be too difficult/rare to do for a comic? It has been gaining sales bit by bit.

#19 Posted by brc2000 (1679 posts) - - Show Bio
@zoddguts said:
" Would it be possible for it to get up to 20k sales again? Or would that be too difficult/rare to do for a comic? It has been gaining sales bit by bit. "
Either promote a huge change in direction/big event, or tie in to an event and hope that readers latch on to it.
#20 Posted by ZoddGuts (73 posts) - - Show Bio

They need to tie her with Superman more they did with the recent issue but I would like to see her interacting with Superman's "family" (Supergirl/Superboy) as well. Wasn't she left out with the current Doomsday arc that Superman/girl/boy currently have? Shame that they keep leaving her out of story arcs like that.

#21 Posted by Mumbles (846 posts) - - Show Bio

hope powergirl last for at least 50 issues

#22 Posted by ZoddGuts (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Hopefully with the sales improving it will.

#23 Posted by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio

Speaking as a complete Marvel fan, I'm currently thinking about crossing over to the DC Universe and was thinking should I read the Power Girl series? I'm like the Jessica Simpson of DC, I know absolutely nothing.

#24 Posted by ZoddGuts (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Power Girl for the first 12 issues is a very fun and light hearted series. It's different from most other Super Hero comics, because it doesn't have that ultra serious feel to it. That changes after issue 12, when Power Girl series gets a new team to work on it.  The series becomes somewhat more serious, though it does retain some light hearted stuff.

#25 Posted by RedheadedAtrocitus (6885 posts) - - Show Bio

I bet the sales would spike upward almost immediately if it would only tie in someway to Reign of Doomsday.

#26 Posted by achilles100 (204 posts) - - Show Bio
@RedheadedAtrocitus: Maybe.  But it won't, just like it didn't any of the other Superman crossovers.  I'd rather tie it in to something like the GL war at this point, even though that would be a stretch in terms of story.  Unless she takes sides.  But the upside would be bigger IMO in terms of sales.
#27 Posted by Glamazon (43 posts) - - Show Bio
@zoddguts:  Thanks, I'll pick these up definately.
#28 Posted by ZoddGuts (73 posts) - - Show Bio

Updated the sales. It's stayed above 17k not bad.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.