Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

Power Girl #25 Solicit!

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By achilles100

Power Girl hits her 25th issue in June!

POWER GIRL #25
    Written by JUDD WINICK
    Art and cover by SAMI BASRI
    Power Girl juggles her life like a true businesswoman: helping Batman defeat a weather-wielding metahuman, using her news network to clear an innocent man’s name and stumbling into a blossoming romance. But she’ll need all her resources to take on Dr. Day, her corporate archnemesis!
    On sale JUNE 15 • 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US • RATED T

No Caption Provided
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By achilles100

The Dr. Day from the solicit seems to be the redhead from the last issue.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#3  Edited By Darkmount1

BLOSSOMING ROMANCE?!?!?!?!? Oh please let it be Doctor Mid-Nite........
    Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Munsu

She has been spending so much time with the Bat-family lately that if in that image above it was Dick not Bruce (I'm pretty sure Bruce has the yellow symbol) I'd think that this "Blossoming Romance" might actually be Dick Grayson, and you know, I'm not all that opposed to the idea. I kind of like it. It'd be new and entertaining for a little while, and it doesn't have to be anything serious, but I doubt he is the one they are mentioning here.

And Dr. Day is probably more Dick's type anyway being a redhead and all. xD

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

Dick and Karen would be an awesome pairing ^_^

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#6  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Dick and Karen would be an awesome pairing ^_^ "
    No! >_<
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " Dick and Karen would be an awesome pairing ^_^ "
    No! >_< "
    Why not? :(
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt:  
    <---hardcore Babs and Dick 'shipper. 
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt:  <---hardcore Babs and Dick 'shipper.  "
    Me too, also Dick/Helena

and Babs/Helena if I'm really lucky ;)

But DC seem to be unwilling to let those happen, so I'd love to see with this could go. Unlike Spidey and Ms Marvel who Marvel teased but never delivered on (the bastards >:_>)
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt: Meh. Dick and Helena to me are a semi-good match but function better as friends/colleagues. He and Babs are made for each other.  

LMAO. I think Canary/Babs would be more likely to happen....you'd never believe some of the stuff out there. x__x 

GRRRRRR. I don't wanna see him with anybody else >_<
    FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt
    @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: Meh. Dick and Helena to me are a semi-good match but function better as friends/colleagues. He and Babs are made for each other.   LMAO. I think Canary/Babs would be more likely to happen....you'd never believe some of the stuff out there. x__x  GRRRRRR. I don't wanna see him with anybody else >_< "
    Gail Simone seems to ship Babs/Dinah lol 

I just like Dick and Helena because I love both characters. Though it's harder for me to like Grayson as long as he's wearing the Cowl >_> 

Bruce/Selina and Bruce/Diana are still the best though ^_^
    Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mercy_
    @FadeToBlackBolt said:
    " @The Dark Huntress said:
    " @FadeToBlackBolt: Meh. Dick and Helena to me are a semi-good match but function better as friends/colleagues. He and Babs are made for each other.   LMAO. I think Canary/Babs would be more likely to happen....you'd never believe some of the stuff out there. x__x  GRRRRRR. I don't wanna see him with anybody else >_< "
    Gail Simone seems to ship Babs/Dinah lol   I just like Dick and Helena because I love both characters. Though it's harder for me to like Grayson as long as he's wearing the Cowl >_>   Bruce/Selina and Bruce/Diana are still the best though ^_^ "
    Ugh. I know, lol.  

Fair enough. And yes, agreed.  

YES YES YES!
    Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Munsu

Aren't Babs and Power Girl still kind of at odds with each other? That would just add another level if they do introduce a Dick and PG romance. The tension between the three of them would be interesting and there is a lot of potential for interesting story lines. 

They could even use the romance as an opportunity to help repair Babs and PG's relationship. Maybe even springboard that into another Dick and Babs relationship if they wanted.

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#14  Edited By jrock85

Power Girl is like three heads taller than Grayson. Doesn't work for me.
    UltraHeroix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#15  Edited By UltraHeroix

I'm glad that her comic is doing well enough that she made it to #25. As for romance, it would have to be someone dynamic or I could see her getting bored.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By daredevil21134
    @jrock85 said:
    "Power Girl is like three heads taller than Grayson. Doesn't work for me. "

lol
    Jotham

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#17  Edited By Jotham

Is she stopping lightning with her cleavage? Amazing.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By achilles100
    @Jotham said:
    " Is she stopping lightning with her cleavage? Amazing. "
    Well, it IS the source of her powers...

Well, two of them, anyway.
    Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Munsu
    @jrock85:  I thought they were the same height? Although Dick does have a thing for tall women. Starfire is a freakin' giant.  

But with that being said I doubt it is going to be Grayson. I don't think the idea would fly by DC's top brass. 

@Jotham: That or she is shooting lightning from them. Neither would surprise me. xD
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By achilles100

Recent art seems to show PG at least half a head taller than Dick.  And since Connor, she's been typically drawn as very tall and big, (though AFAIK it was Sears who originally drew her that way---but she lost a lot of that size since his time until Connor revived that depiction).

ZoddGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By ZoddGuts
    @achilles100: I would like for PG to stay looking tall. Makes her really stand out besides her breast. The current team does still show being tall though not as obvious.
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By achilles100
    @zoddguts: Basri has been showing her about half a head taller than Dick.  And far taller than Nicco, or most any other non hero.  In the funeral scene, she's about ahead taller than anyone else, including all the men!
    Munsu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Munsu

Kind of funny how she used to sometimes appear around 5'7"-ish when she was drawn several years ago. That's artist's interpretations for ya. xD

But I think I like her tall as well. It fits well with her strong character and personality, but I wouldn't want her too tall where she starts sticking out like a sore thumb all the time. That would be a little too much. I'd like her to be even with Superman's height. That feels about right to me. Although I wonder why she is so much taller than her Earth-1 counterpart. Probably best not to think about it too much, though.

ZoddGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ZoddGuts
    @achilles100: Yeah notice that she was the tallest one in the funeral heh. About why she's taller than Supergirl, guess it has to do with her being in the spaceship pod longer than Supergirl was. It provided a perfect  clean/ nourishment environment  for Karen to grow into her fullest potential for her body  possibly could, thus is why she is so tall compared to her counterpart.
    sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By sky-pirate
    @Munsu said:

"Kind of funny how she used to sometimes appear around 5'7"-ish when she was drawn several years ago. That's artist's interpretations for ya. xDBut I think I like her tall as well. It fits well with her strong character and personality, but I wouldn't want her too tall where she starts sticking out like a sore thumb all the time. That would be a little too much. I'd like her to be even with Superman's height. That feels about right to me. Although I wonder why she is so much taller than her Earth-1 counterpart. Probably best not to think about it too much, though. "

It's because their DNA is diffrent. Mostly, when movies/tv/comics does other universes, they simplify it to; One event in the main characters lives played out differently. Because then, they don't need a lot of time, to explain the diffrences between the two universes. However, in reality, the diffrences between the two universes would've started at the dawn of time and had continued effect over the ages. People lived diffrent lives and married someone else (FYI, you're apperance spawns from the DNA of your ancestors. One diffrent and we're talking about diffrent hair, nose or anything else) Karen's Krypton was located in the Negus starsystem (as opposed to Rao) and she was born during WWI (would be foolish to assume, that there wasn't at least one relative diffrent), decades before Kara Zor-El.

Not to mention, she belongs to the original Multiverse, not the current one (meaning she's a counterpart of the Silver/Bronze Age Kara Zor-El, not the New Earth Kara Zor-El).

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#26  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

it dosnt specifically say that the romance would be hers.
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By achilles100
    @sky-pirate said:
    " @Munsu said:

"Kind of funny how she used to sometimes appear around 5'7"-ish when she was drawn several years ago. That's artist's interpretations for ya. xDBut I think I like her tall as well. It fits well with her strong character and personality, but I wouldn't want her too tall where she starts sticking out like a sore thumb all the time. That would be a little too much. I'd like her to be even with Superman's height. That feels about right to me. Although I wonder why she is so much taller than her Earth-1 counterpart. Probably best not to think about it too much, though. "

It's because their DNA is diffrent. Mostly, when movies/tv/comics does other universes, they simplify it to; One event in the main characters lives played out differently. Because then, they don't need a lot of time, to explain the diffrences between the two universes. However, in reality, the diffrences between the two universes would've started at the dawn of time and had continued effect over the ages. People lived diffrent lives and married someone else (FYI, you're apperance spawns from the DNA of your ancestors. One diffrent and we're talking about diffrent hair, nose or anything else) Karen's Krypton was located in the Negus starsystem (as opposed to Rao) and she was born during WWI (would be foolish to assume, that there wasn't at least one relative diffrent), decades before Kara Zor-El.

Not to mention, she belongs to the original Multiverse, not the current one (meaning she's a counterpart of the Silver/Bronze Age Kara Zor-El, not the New Earth Kara Zor-El).

"
    Is the first bolded part something from an actual comic book, or just a guess?  I know that she's supposed to scan different with at least some equipment, but AFAIK they never got into the reasons why.

As for the second bolded part, again was that from a book, and if so, which book and issue---cause I'd like to read it?  I have heard her as of late using the word "Rao" as a sort of swear, much as we might use "God" or something---which is odd if she wasn't from a Krypton in the Rao system.
    sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By sky-pirate
    @achilles100 said:
    " @sky-pirate said:
    " @Munsu said:

"
    Is the first bolded part something from an actual comic book, or just a guess?  I know that she's supposed to scan different with at least some equipment, but AFAIK they never got into the reasons why.As for the second bolded part, again was that from a book, and if so, which book and issue---cause I'd like to read it?  I have heard her as of late using the word "Rao" as a sort of swear, much as we might use "God" or something---which is odd if she wasn't from a Krypton in the Rao system. "

It's established in Secret Origins (Vol 2) #1.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.