Please tell me this isn't cannon...

• 75 results
#51 Edited by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@Jorgevy said:

@PowerGirlFan: did you even read what I said?

I never said she was responsible for men staring, I said she took responsability of having the boob window for what it was, not for some weird explanation, and she was okay and confident with it.

and the path for them to make a new costume can only go through the iconicism of the old one. that's how they did with Supes or Wondie or Bats or anyone else in N52, they changed, but they kept what made them that super hero/heroine's costume

I read it. The "explanation" in the panels I posted is basically that she doesn't need to explain it, it is what it is: a window which displays her boobs. That's why I like it. She's saying that it's nothing but a costume feature which represents part of who she is. Nothing weird about that. She's not trying to explain or justify it. She was merely denying Fox's accusation that it is undignified.

I like PG's original costume too. But PG is not a big icon like Batman, Wonder Woman and Superman. Their costumes have always been the same. Even other, bigger icons like Green Lantern and Flash changed their costumes from what they were in the Golden Age (and were actually separate people). PG is not even as iconic as they are. PG has always been the alternative female Kryptonian. (Even Supergirl was just the female alternative to Superman.) For most of her history PG has been an Earth Two character or some type of alternative universe origin. They could afford to give her a new costume without confusing or upsetting very many people. They already have given her two new costumes before changing back to the original. If the new costume were a good one I'd be fine with it. I liked the yellow/white costume and the basic design of her blue/white costume. I think it is a good thing that PG's lower icon status allows her writers the freedom to change some things about her.

exactly, because Flash and Green Lantern have other characters under the alias, they can afford to change easily and even then they didnt change much

and i totally disagree. Not only there's lots of fans and people who know about PG and recognize her, I dont think writers being allowed the freedom to change her at will is a good thing at all. Writers can change things with all achracters once in a while when they pick up that character's story but they can't go against what is already built, and having too much of that freedom will eventually cause that to happen, which then creates canon holes and contradictions

also, the explanation given by her is not even what I was going for; I was talking about her attitude towards it, when, regardless of explanation, she knows she is the one who is responsible for having that feature there and that it's obviously gonna cause some type of reaction. that's one of the things great in Palmiotti and Gray's run

@The Stegman said:

This is why I love Power Girl, her expression in the last panel..priceless.

true true. Amanda Conner should be PG's official artist forever

#52 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerGirlFan: But the question of whether PG is an interesting character is important
No... it doesn't matter... She's fictional...  Let's talk about NON-Fiction!   How bout those Braves, eh?
#53 Posted by TeamUnitedNerds (402 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh god I'm crying. Nothing is more of a symbol of might than your cleavage.

#54 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@PowerGirlFan: well...at least she very close superman ,right?

A lot closer than Lois. That's Kara's point.

@Jorgevy said:

@PowerGirlFan said:

@Jorgevy said:

@PowerGirlFan: did you even read what I said?

I never said she was responsible for men staring, I said she took responsability of having the boob window for what it was, not for some weird explanation, and she was okay and confident with it.

I read it. The "explanation" in the panels I posted is basically that she doesn't need to explain it, it is what it is: a window which displays her boobs. That's why I like it. She's saying that it's nothing but a costume feature which represents part of who she is. Nothing weird about that. She's not trying to explain or justify it. She was merely denying Fox's accusation that it is undignified.

the explanation given by her is not even what I was going for; I was talking about her attitude towards it, when, regardless of explanation, she knows she is the one who is responsible for having that feature there and that it's obviously gonna cause some type of reaction. that's one of the things great in Palmiotti and Gray's run

@The Stegman said:

This is why I love Power Girl, her expression in the last panel..priceless.

true true. Amanda Conner should be PG's official artist forever

When did she say anything about the boob window in Palmiotti/Gray's ru, Except the stupid and totally unnecessary "I couldn't come up with a symbol" explanation? Inthe panel's I posted, PG is ot saying she is not responsible for it being htere, or that she doesn't expect it to cause a reaction. She is just saying it's purpose is not to cause a reaction.

The art by Conner in those panels is nothing special. It rarely is. If Conner were made PG's official artist I'd pay someone to abduct her and make her do drawing classes again.

@Timandm said:

@PowerGirlFan: But the question of whether PG is an interesting character is important No... it doesn't matter... She's fictional... Let's talk about NON-Fiction! How bout those Braves, eh?

Let me take you by the hand. The other things don't matter because she is fictional. I.E., we are not so involved with a fictional story that we should care about the effect of PG's boobs in family settings and such effects would not even be written into a fictional story. Because it's fiction, because it's not real, we don't expect it to be 100% consistent with real life. But we do care whether the fiction is interesting as a story, because that is one thing fiction is supposed to be, or we wouldn't bother reading it. We may as well watch Survivor. Fiction doesn't have to be consistent with reality to be interesting, so it's okay for it not to be. There is no dilemma.

Now what was your argument again? Oops, that was it - don't have one!

@TeamUnitedNerds said:

Oh god I'm crying. Nothing is more of a symbol of might than your cleavage.

Who mentioned cleavage? The hole where the symbol should go just happens to be on her chest. Happily for us!

#55 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: I'm not talk this..i mean in fact PG could be close superman strength

#56 Posted by Timandm (3374 posts) - - Show Bio
@PowerGirlFan: Wouldn't you rather discuss something from a scientific peer-reviewed journal?  That's non-fiction...
#57 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

I thought this was the original

#58 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@PowerGirlFan: I'm not talk this..i mean in fact PG could be close superman strength

If she is, that panel you posted doesn't prove it. We would generally expect a male to be stronger than a female. In the absence of any other information, I'd assume PG is not as strong as Superman. We can judge by their physiques - Superman is much bigger and more muscular than PG.

@Timandm said:

@PowerGirlFan: Wouldn't you rather discuss something from a scientific peer-reviewed journal? That's non-fiction...

It's you who wants fiction to be like real life.

@SUNMAN said:

I thought this was the original

Really?

#59 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: I;m not says she as strong as superman..just close.she even stronger t han wonder woman,who close superman in strength

#60 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: And not always male to be stronger than a female

back in the silver age,supergirl and superman was equal to power

#61 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18380 posts) - - Show Bio

@JediXMan said:

AH HA HA HA HA HA!

#62 Posted by SUNMAN (7265 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: It's an image thats been around a while. If you search this forum you;ll find it was discussed pretty in depth 4 years ago.

#63 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan:

When did she say anything about the boob window in Palmiotti/Gray's ru, Except the stupid and totally unnecessary "I couldn't come up with a symbol" explanation? Inthe panel's I posted, PG is ot saying she is not responsible for it being htere, or that she doesn't expect it to cause a reaction. She is just saying it's purpose is not to cause a reaction.

The art by Conner in those panels is nothing special. It rarely is. If Conner were made PG's official artist I'd pay someone to abduct her and make her do drawing classes again.

wow, Im done talking to you, I dont even know why your nickname in here is PG fan....

#64 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@PowerGirlFan: I;m not says she as strong as superman..just close.she even stronger t han wonder woman,who close superman in strength

@a88378438 said:

@PowerGirlFan: And not always male to be stronger than a female

back in the silver age,supergirl and superman was equal to power

I guess if WW is close to Superman in strength and PG is stronger than Superman, she would have to be nearly equal. But can a powerful male like Superman be the same strength as a female with a less powerful physique?

How do you know Silver Age Superman and Supergirl had equal strength?

@SUNMAN said:

@PowerGirlFan: It's an image thats been around a while. If you search this forum you;ll find it was discussed pretty in depth 4 years ago.

In depth? They changed two words.

@Jorgevy said:

@PowerGirlFan:

wow, Im done talking to you, I dont even know why your nickname in here is PG fan....

Power Girl fan, not a fan of everyone who writes and draws her. I think that also applies to most people other people here.

No need to be so surly either. It's just a comic forum.

#65 Posted by TimeLordScience (1304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Wolfrazer: Personally, I like Superboy's okay, even if it relies on the clone business.

#66 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: I'm not say PG as strong as superman,at least she was not too weaker than superman,wonder woman always close superman in strength,and PG at least as strong as wonder woman

Silver age supergirl should be a little bit weaker than SA superman,but they are roughly the same:

composite Superman,who 3X times powerful than SA superman

He' has Mon-el,Ultra-boy,Supergirl strength,that make him 3X time stronger than SA superman

you can see scans,they are all equal to superman in strength

but when supergirl just a Sixteen year old girl,she weaker than SA superman,though when she grow up at the age of twenty-five,she nearly in superman everything

#67 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

Sorry here scans:

#68 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@PowerGirlFan: I'm not say PG as strong as superman,at least she was not too weaker than superman,wonder woman always close superman in strength,and PG at least as strong as wonder woman

Silver age supergirl should be a little bit weaker than SA superman,but they are roughly the same:

composite Superman,who 3X times powerful than SA superman

He' has Mon-el,Ultra-boy,Supergirl strength,that make him 3X time stronger than SA superman

you can see scans,they are all equal to superman in strength

but when supergirl just a Sixteen year old girl,she weaker than SA superman,though when she grow up at the age of twenty-five,she nearly in superman everything

The second scan only says SG is superior because she is invulnerable to Kryptonite, not because she has more strength. The third scan, she is twisting Superboy's arm beihnd his back, which gives her an advantage. Fourth scan, lucky punch? Scan #9 says SG's strength combined with that of Mon-El and Ultra-Boy is more powerful than Superman, i.e. the strength of three Kryptonians. He doesn't actually say that makes him three times stronger than Superman.

Not much proof from those.

#69 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: so what? Mon-El and Ultra-Boy was equal to superman ,read scans,each other equal to superman

so that why composite Superman 3X times stronger than superman

you not see it?

OK,again:

they are equal in power level

I am three times stronger than you

read scans,three times stronger than SA superman

SA superman can move dozen of planets,SA supergirl can throw half of dozen planets,SA superman can blow out the star,SA supergirl can destroy worldwar,who MUCH bigger than a star

Silver age supergirl was equal to SA superman everything:

#70 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

SA supergirl feats:

mon-el,ultra-boy,supergirl

#71 Edited by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@PowerGirlFan: so what? Mon-El and Ultra-Boy was equal to superman ,read scans,each other equal to superman

so that why composite Superman 3X times stronger than superman

you not see it?

OK,again:

they are equal in power level

read scans,three times stronger than SA superman

SA superman can move dozen of planets,SA supergirl can throw half of dozen planets,SA superman can blow out the star,SA supergirl can destroy worldwar,who MUCH bigger than a star

Silver age supergirl was equal to SA superman everything:

@a88378438 said:

SA supergirl feats:

mon-el,ultra-boy,supergirl

Okay, I didn't see where he said "three times stronger" in the previous post. Did he mean exactly three times though? Or just three almost as strong people against one?

SG didn't move six planets simultaneously, she did it one at a time. She didn't "blow out" a star, she destroyed Warworld by smashing through it at high speed.

#72 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan: Just read thread,composite Superman three times stronger than SA superman,he has mon-el,ultra-boy,supergirl strength,that mean each other was as strong as superman,they are all equal to superman in strength(not include Sixteen year old super girl when grow up at the age of twenty-five,she was nearly-superman in power)

I'm not say she blow out the star,she destroy worldwar,this thing MUCH bigger than a star,SA superman never destroy a like this THIng of size,he best feats was blow out a star,SG also not "move" planets,she throw half of dozen planets into new orbit,throw planets was far more hard than move planets

I'm not trying say SG>SUPERS,I'M JUST prove,SG at least when she grow up,SG would be equal to superman in everthing

mon-el,ultra-boy,supergirl,three charater as strong as superman,and composite Superman has them strength

mon-el=superman

ultra-boy=superman

supergirl=superman

composite Superman=mon-el+,ultra-boy,+supergirl=3X times stronger than SA superman

#73 Edited by GWHH (585 posts) - - Show Bio
#74 Posted by PowerGirlFan (246 posts) - - Show Bio

@a88378438 said:

@PowerGirlFan: Just read thread,composite Superman three times stronger than SA superman,he has mon-el,ultra-boy,supergirl strength,that mean each other was as strong as superman,they are all equal to superman in strength(not include Sixteen year old super girl when grow up at the age of twenty-five,she was nearly-superman in power)

I'm not say she blow out the star,she destroy worldwar,this thing MUCH bigger than a star,SA superman never destroy a like this THIng of size,he best feats was blow out a star,SG also not "move" planets,she throw half of dozen planets into new orbit,throw planets was far more hard than move planets

I'm not trying say SG>SUPERS,I'M JUST prove,SG at least when she grow up,SG would be equal to superman in everthing

mon-el,ultra-boy,supergirl,three charater as strong as superman,and composite Superman has them strength

mon-el=superman

ultra-boy=superman

supergirl=superman

composite Superman=mon-el+,ultra-boy,+supergirl=3X times stronger than SA superman

In your first scan, even Supergirl admits that she theoretically is not as strong as Superman because she is a young girl.

Blowing out a star takes a lot more strength than piercing Warworld at high speed like a bullet. That's not the same as if she destroyed Warworld with a single punch. She said that if she didn't gain enough speed that she (not Warworld) would be splattered across half the cosmos. She implied that she is even vulnerable to Warworld's weaponry.

We only have Composite Superman's word that he is three ties as strong as Superman. How would he know, especially if their strengths had never been exactly measured? So does he mean exactly three times as strong or approximately three times as strong? We can't necessarily rely on what he says.

Okay, Supergirl threw the six planets, but only one at a time. Just because Superman and Supergirl both threw planets does not mean that Supergirl is as strong as Superman, because Superman may be able to move bigger planets than the ones he moved and Supergirl may not.

#75 Posted by a88378438 (3420 posts) - - Show Bio

@PowerGirlFan said:

@a88378438 said:

mon-el=superman

ultra-boy=superman

supergirl=superman

In your first scan, even Supergirl admits that she theoretically is not as strong as Superman because she is a young girl.

Blowing out a star takes a lot more strength than piercing Warworld at high speed like a bullet. That's not the same as if she destroyed Warworld with a single punch. She said that if she didn't gain enough speed that she (not Warworld) would be splattered across half the cosmos. She implied that she is even vulnerable to Warworld's weaponry.

We only have Composite Superman's word that he is three ties as strong as Superman. How would he know, especially if their strengths had never been exactly measured? So does he mean exactly three times as strong or approximately three times as strong? We can't necessarily rely on what he says.

Okay, Supergirl threw the six planets, but only one at a time. Just because Superman and Supergirl both threw planets does not mean that Supergirl is as strong as Superman, because Superman may be able to move bigger planets than the ones he moved and Supergirl may not.

Is not my point,that was true,I'm say when supergirl grow up at the age of twenty-five,she was nearly-superman in power,I'm Already clarified,I show you SA supergirl feats just because she done it,SA superman never destroy like this thing of size,never,if i'm wrong you can scans prove it,I'm never see SA superman can destroy MUCH bigger than A star thing,blow out the star just his super-breath,not mean his strength,this different power.Warworld's weaponry?sure,this thing even can kill SA superman

Composite Superman?what?are you read my scans?

Supergirl knock out superman,mon-el and superman knocked each other out,Ultra-Boy even beat SA superman

Each other was equal to superman in everthing,just stop,that was truth

SA superman never throw planets,he best feats just move dozen of planets,HE NEVER THROW PLANETS

EVen i'm not talk the feats,Ultra-Boy,mon-el,or PC mongul,or PC DS,or PC Validus they are even not move a planet,but still they are stronger than superman,superman Have to admit supergirl or mon-el or ultra-boy was equal to him

just STOP fling

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.