PG Is Mr. Terrific's GF?!?

#1 Posted by achilles100 (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, that's what a new podcast by Eric Wallace seems to suggest among other things. It also suggests that Karen has or soon will have superpowers---though no word is given on how she gets them, or if she already had them. And yes, Karen, not Power Girl, so they would seem to be one and the same person as they normally are.

http://thetaylornetwork.wordpress.com/2011/09/12/cbrs-ep-137-eric-wallace/

About 29 minutes into it.

For those who care BTW, the Ryan Choi thing was editorially mandated.

#2 Posted by The Stegman (25964 posts) - - Show Bio
@achilles100:  

here's my  theory 

Karen Starr starts off working for Mr. Terrific as his plucky, loyal assistant, (kinda like a Pepper Potts) and eventually grows an attraction to him, which will eventually become mutual, Then by some means, (probably by one of Terrific's experiments going wrong) she will gain Powergirl-esque powers 
#3 Posted by War Killer (20285 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Stegman: I kinda like that theory. One of the big issues that I think PG faces is that she's simply an older version of Supegirl, which, at times, I believe hurts the characters, especially when trying to explain PG to other people and you eventually get the question, "So she's just another Supergirl?" I think giving her an origin seperat from Supergirl, while still possibly keeping the heart of the character, could help to make Power Girl stand out more on her own instead of simply being in Supergirl's shadow.
#4 Posted by achilles100 (239 posts) - - Show Bio

From what I understand from someone who's read it; Karen is still doing her Starrware thing. That person was disappointed with her role there.

#5 Posted by TheCrowbar (4286 posts) - - Show Bio

God if that's what happens I'm going to write such an angry letter. Because this is what the industry needs, more super-girlfriends

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

She seems to be more in a 'friends with benefits' kinda situation with Mr. Terrific. At least she's not his assistant, she's more of his equal in the business world kinda thing.

#7 Posted by LoganRogue24 (1184 posts) - - Show Bio

in my opion they cancelled power girls title for this crap wth this sounds stupid in my opion.

#8 Posted by danhimself (22712 posts) - - Show Bio

awesome job on the potential spoiler in the title

#9 Posted by Gambit1024 (9843 posts) - - Show Bio

She was so cool.., Now she's just some superhero's girlfriend... :(

#10 Posted by achilles100 (239 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, it seems more and more likely IMO that she's still Power Girl. The outfit she wore at the party for example---basically the color scheme of her Power Girl costume, only reversed. That she felt she had to tell Mr. Terrific why she was there, when it would have seemed to be the only logical reason...if she was just Karen Starr. And a couple of other things.

#11 Posted by daredevil21134 (12596 posts) - - Show Bio

I can't wait to see how many people are gonna hate on this.

#12 Posted by labarith (669 posts) - - Show Bio

The term is F*ck b*ddy.

#13 Posted by Munsu (164 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm just disappointed. I mean I am not surprised the author decided to hook the two up, we all saw it coming, but it is still disappointed when a character you like is written poorly. Oh well. At least her own ongoing was great. I'll just have to look back on those when I want to remember Power Girl.

#14 Posted by iaconpoint (1363 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

Please add me to that list.

#15 Posted by tiger26 (125 posts) - - Show Bio

she's a big girl she can do what she wants hey at leastm shes not sleeping with half the dcu i mean wow chill for a bit

#16 Posted by Kairan1979 (16926 posts) - - Show Bio

I was a big fan of Mr. Terrific/Sasha Bordeaux pairing. So I wasn't thrilled to read this topic.

#17 Posted by achilles100 (239 posts) - - Show Bio

@Kairan1979: Looks like Sasha is one of the big losers in the reboot.

#18 Posted by ScorpioP (3 posts) - - Show Bio

Is her power gonna get nerfed big time as well or are those just rumors ? :/

#19 Edited by KainScion (2969 posts) - - Show Bio

i've read mr. terrific. tell you something. he should change his name. as for switching pg for him.......... BAD MOVE DC. VERY BAD MOVE.

#20 Posted by PowerHerc (85335 posts) - - Show Bio

@LoganRogue24 said:

in my opion they cancelled power girls title for this crap wth this sounds stupid in my opion.

Agreed.@daredevil21134 said:

I hate it.

#21 Posted by entropy_aegis (15434 posts) - - Show Bio

@achilles100 said:

@Kairan1979: Looks like Sasha is one of the big losers in the reboot.

Tell me when WAS'NT she a loser?@ScorpioP said:

Is her power gonna get nerfed big time as well or are those just rumors ? :/

Yes but what does it matter? Superman got owned by a train.

Lets be honest now folks,Mr T can contibute more to the DC universe than PG.

#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7911 posts) - - Show Bio

sounds dumb. I thought he was gonna be married or have a serious gf or something. I cant wait to see how they explain PG in this new DCU and then watch them destroy her character

#23 Posted by Darkmount1 (1266 posts) - - Show Bio

Nuts. I actually thought PG and Doctor Mid-Nite (Pieter Cross) would've made a good couple. I've still got the scenario of their blossoming romance and even a wedding in a "file" in my head. There'd even be a back-up strip done in the style of the Garfield comic strips featuring his owl, Charlie, and her cat.
#24 Posted by jrock85 (2850 posts) - - Show Bio

We shouldn't rush to judgement because of one issue. In all likelihood, PG eventually will have a more prominent role in the new DCU.

As for her and Mr. Terrific as a couple? I'm all for it!

#25 Posted by BlackArmor (6138 posts) - - Show Bio

@jrock85:

cosigned it's good to see someone else not freaking out about this. and frankly this issue wasn't even that bad at least it beat O.M.A.C. Most of these people are just sore because PG's book was cut and while they have every right to be i think there anger is misplaced

#26 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
@BlackArmor said:

@jrock85:

cosigned it's good to see someone else not freaking out about this. and frankly this issue wasn't even that bad at least it beat O.M.A.C. Most of these people are just sore because PG's book was cut and while they have every right to be i think there anger is misplaced

#27 Posted by daredevil21134 (12596 posts) - - Show Bio

She makes a Terrific GF,lol

#28 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio
@jrock85 said:

We shouldn't rush to judgement because of one issue. In all likelihood, PG eventually will have a more prominent role in the new DCU.

As for her and Mr. Terrific as a couple? I'm all for it!

#29 Posted by ReVamp (22798 posts) - - Show Bio

@daredevil21134 said:

She makes a Terrific GF,lol

Yeah, nobody saw that pun coming DD.

#30 Posted by darrell1225 (6 posts) - - Show Bio

Im enjoying the series so far and the sense of science and adventure. Ive read all of Justice Society and the Power Girl series and so far I dont think Mr Wallace has treated either character badly.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.