PG #7?

#1 Posted by Green Flash (155 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone know why there wasn't a November solicitation for Power Girl #7?

#2 Edited by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio

tfaw only shows 5 an 6 as preorder atm an dc shows only up to 6 as well hmm.
#3 Posted by danhimself (22621 posts) - - Show Bio

maybe because the book just isn't any good and it's going to get cancelled

#4 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself:
well that would be kinda intresting considering diamond has it at 59 out top 100 in july.by that resoning they should cancel super girl to as shes 61 .an wonder woman at 66.
#5 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

here's what I found out on the Newsarama Forums

Kidkamikaze wrote:
 No, they're not cancelling the book.  It appears to be a skip month to enable Amanda Connor to catch up.  She's a great artist, and wonderfully suited to the book, but the downside to all that funny detail she puts into it is that she's slow.  Skip months were bound to happen.  I kind of hoped that they might do an arc with a back-up artist to allow Connor to get ahead again, but that doesn't seem to be the case. 

Nathrazeem wrote: 
 Where did you read that?
It's true that Amanda isn't used to doing an ongoing book (I remember reading it somewhere or a video) but where did you get this info? I believe you but I just want a little peace of mind

Kidkamikaze wrote:
 Jimmy brought up the same thing on Facebook  

too bad a suitable backup artist cannot be found. But if Amanda needs a break every now and then.....fine by me.
#6 Posted by Marshal Victory (677 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC:

good news thanks DMC .series looks good an i thought it would have been odd canceling a series doing well .
#7 Posted by annatar003 (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@DMC: thanks for these news, I'm reassured ,Power Girl is my fav heroin.
#8 Posted by Riding Ghost (57 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see Ed Benes take a crack at drawing the book...

#9 Posted by LauraX23 (1764 posts) - - Show Bio

Who's Powergirl  ?
#10 Posted by johnny_spam (2036 posts) - - Show Bio

Written by Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray Art and cover by Amanda Conner
A blast from the past! The alien Vartox has come to Earth to claim a wife-and her name is Power Girl! PG may have wanted a boyfriend, but not quite like this! The fan-favorite team of Palmiotti, Gray and Conner craft another winner!
On sale December 16 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US

#11 Posted by Nova`Prime` (4165 posts) - - Show Bio

That is one hairy dude!

#12 Posted by Spider-Monkey (5 posts) - - Show Bio

I enjoy the Power Girl series, it's fun and Connor's art is amazing.

#13 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@annatar003 said:
"@DMC: thanks for these news, I'm reassured ,Power Girl is my fav heroin. "

Benes can draw some HOT females no doubt, but they tend to look the same bodywise. Like when he draws Wonder Girl for example : she doesn't look like a teenager, she's the same hight and proportions as the others most of the time. I'd hate to see him do the same to Terra
#14 Edited by resident_big_evil (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@Riding Ghost: 

ed benes is tried & tested there's no doubt about what he can do even as a back up but i like amanda conner's more cartoonish approach for power girl, she makes it funnier...
#15 Posted by zvelf (17 posts) - - Show Bio

SPOILER WARNING! 

My take on this Power Girl issue is that it's a fun read, but given what was happening (Power Girl fights a monster that could destroy the entire Earth), a little too lightweight dramatically. I get that it was supposed to be more humorous and tongue-in-cheek this month than even usual, but then don’t threaten the Earth at the same time. It was also a little too fast paced without a single moment to pause for breath. It goes directly from Vartox trying to save his people to Power Girl and Dr. Mid-Nite fighting Blue Snowman to Power Girl dealing with the planet-eater and Vartox. It was a funny issue though, and Amanda’s art is stays top notch.    

#16 Posted by Press Oblivion (1643 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seeing close similarities to the Dan Slott's She-Hulk series. I really don't think that people want this formula from their heroine characters. It's just too campy compared to the character that is being portrayed in the JSA titles.  She-Hulk lasted little more than 3 years on this sort of creative jabbing, can we expect much more from Power Girl?

#17 Posted by DEGRAAF (7895 posts) - - Show Bio

powergirl could be a good character they really need to go all out. I htink the art and the stories have been crappy. They need to make these super humans spread out more. Have one take over some place like St. Louis or Chicago or even a team in Anchorage would be cool. Just someplace different then the east or west coast. Also hshe might be a veteran but not a solo veteran, let her barrow someone elses big name villain for an arch or two while the villain has a protoge' or something and that way the villain can head back to their main comic family and the protoge' could stay feeling like they could take her on
#18 Posted by DMC (1551 posts) - - Show Bio
@zvelf said:
"SPOILER WARNING!  My take on this Power Girl issue is that it's a fun read, but given what was happening (Power Girl fights a monster that could destroy the entire Earth), a little too lightweight dramatically. I get that it was supposed to be more humorous and tongue-in-cheek this month than even usual, but then don’t threaten the Earth at the same time. It was also a little too fast paced without a single moment to pause for breath. It goes directly from Vartox trying to save his people to Power Girl and Dr. Mid-Nite fighting Blue Snowman to Power Girl dealing with the planet-eater and Vartox. It was a funny issue though, and Amanda’s art is stays top notch.     "

I think the pacing of this story line works given that this a 2-part story. I think they did a good job of adressing why this creature was a threat at the end of the book. Hopefully we'll get a bit more of that in the next issue without overdoing it.
#19 Posted by resident_big_evil (3 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam: 

reminds me of sean connery in that crazy movie he did in the 70's...
#20 Posted by burr787 (2504 posts) - - Show Bio

I love this book and issue 7 was hilarious.

#21 Posted by TheBug (1111 posts) - - Show Bio
@johnny spam said:
"
Written by Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray Art and cover by Amanda ConnerA blast from the past! The alien Vartox has come to Earth to claim a wife-and her name is Power Girl! PG may have wanted a boyfriend, but not quite like this! The fan-favorite team of Palmiotti, Gray and Conner craft another winner!On sale December 16 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US    "

I approve the pairing of PG and Doc Mid-Nite. It shall happen! So says I!
#22 Posted by DEGRAAF (7895 posts) - - Show Bio
@TheBug said:
"@johnny spam said:
"
Written by Jimmy Palmiotti & Justin Gray Art and cover by Amanda ConnerA blast from the past! The alien Vartox has come to Earth to claim a wife-and her name is Power Girl! PG may have wanted a boyfriend, but not quite like this! The fan-favorite team of Palmiotti, Gray and Conner craft another winner!On sale December 16 * 32 pg, FC, $2.99 US    "
I approve the pairing of PG and Doc Mid-Nite. It shall happen! So says I! "

lol up until now every time i saw this pick i thought she was holding red roin not dr. mid-nite

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.