Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

New Power Girl *spoilers*

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By RDClip
    No Caption Provided

It's dumb. But, w/e. I can't expect much from Levitz. It is clear he hates Power Girl at this point.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't know what to think about Levitz and PG at this point. Logically, he should be able to write her, but he can't seem to do it well at this point. And yeah, it does seem, with this issue at least, that a little malice is present, toward the fans, or toward the character. But Mary Sue PG is kind of insulting to the fans AND disrespectful to the character.

Of course a fictional character doesn't command the level of respect that real person does, but that doesn't mean the professional writer of that character should dis her and her fans with this sort of fan fiction.

The issue did leave me wondering if Mary Sue PG commanded the Enterprise before or after saving the universe through her awesomeness.

@rdclip said:
    No Caption Provided

It's dumb. But, w/e. I can't expect much from Levitz. It is clear he hates Power Girl at this point.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What is this from?

Beata

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm sure it will get retconned soon come on does anyone really think they will make kara and helena stay on earth 2 for long. Heck one is already back on prime earth in future's end. So i don't know why DC is followin marvel and replacing another iconic character with a new character.

Avatar image for brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie
    brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So, what, nerds are mad about this because she isn't white? What a ****ing surprise.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, what, nerds are mad about this because she isn't white? What a ****ing surprise.

I don't care if the new Power Girl is Black, White, Brown, Yellow or Purple. I have a problem with DC replacing a beloved character with some nobody after badly mistreating the original for over two years.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@primebonnick: Well, it appears to get worse. Not only is Power Girl getting replaced by a character no one gives a damn about, but she's also very possibly getting killed off in the process. As Levitz points out in his latest Rama interview, rather too gleefully IMO, the current Power Girl is nowhere to be seen five years later and the faux Mary Sue Power Girl is Huntress's new best buddy.

So, you hire a guy who evidently doesn't like the character to run it into the ground, then use that as an excuse to exercise still MORE "diversity", ramming it down fans throats.

RDClip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@achilles100: Ouch, really?

The New52 has been pretty damn sad for PeeGee. Before the reboot, she was a popular character with her own acclaimed series as well as being one of the premiere characters of JSA. She had a rich and storied history of more than 30 years that flesh out her character into the confident character we got in her solo series.

Then the New52 turns her into a stupid bimbo who acts like a horny 16 year old.

I was hoping that Levitz would leave and we could get a proper writer who doesn't hate her (I won't make any accusations about sexism, since Huntress is written as a confident, intelligent woman). But I am fearing that Levitz will leave his mark on Power Girl by killing Karen and DC will go with this new character. I hope DC isn't that stupid. Just let Levitz write a Huntress solo and get Palmiotti to pen PeeGee again.

Madflavor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Madflavor

Make no mistake, this is a complete assassination of the Power Girl character. Karen is too iconic to replace, especially for no damn good reason. This whole thing reeks of purely a progressive move, I can see no other reason why. And of course the SJWs will try to spin this into a race thing as they usually do, to get people to shut up.

DC and Levitz are kidding themselves if they think they can just get rid of Karen like this. Does anyone honestly think that if someone cosplays as Power Girl in future Comic Cons, they're gonna cosplay as the Tanya version? You can't just replace a popular character like this and think the audience is gonna be a-okay. Gimme a break with this whole thing.

kidstandout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By kidstandout

people this is dc were talking about, they always cave after fucking up. hopefully they realize sooner this is on big fuck up

Kazuma_Bushi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

WHY?????????????

COBRAMORPH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By COBRAMORPH

@brinkthemoviemyfavoritemovie said:

No, she has a small chest & doesnt wear a bathing suit. Completely ruins the character. The fact that no one EVER excepts a replacment character really needs to be learned by comic staff. This isnt 1984 when the internet didnt exist & you could replace a second-teir character like Barry or Hal.You actually had to BUY the comic.

& if you want diversity, just change Karen's hair color. She's an ALIEN, she is only white because the staff DREW her that way. Kal-El & Kara could be ANY color you want them to be, the ships could land in Japan, Iraq, or Mexico, & bam Kal & Kara would look just like the natives.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.