If she's really an alternate version of Supergirl...

#1 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

Then why does she have a COMPLETELY different bodytype? This isn't a matter of "Supergirl just hasn't matured yet". Supergirl has a slim, cheerleader build. Powergirl is very curvy and well endowed, being built like an ideal playboy bunny. Ya can't even blame this on surgery, because it's more than just her breasts.

So this makes me wonder...is she REALLY an alternate version of Supergirl? Or just a "super girl"?

#2 Posted by Avenging-X-Bolt (13272 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes she is. There is an alternate universe where Mary Jane Watson is black, but it's still an alternate mj.

#3 Posted by BlackArmor (6141 posts) - - Show Bio

She has a different build because she's from a different dimension, and in that dimension women are hotter

#4 Posted by Saren (25696 posts) - - Show Bio

For the same reason that there is an alternate universe Galactus made of rock.

#5 Posted by Onemoreposter (4065 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

She has a different build because she's from a different dimension, and in that dimension women are hotter

/\ That

#6 Posted by Duo_forbidden (1161 posts) - - Show Bio

@BlackArmor said:

Lol that is also true.

But to put it more detail, there's the fact that Unlike Power Girl, I believe that Kara was about 16 when she was shipped away and during the travel, and her spaceship was placed in suspended animation due to kryptonite, whereas to Power Girl, she was a baby when she was shipped off to Earth and by the time she reached Earth, she was a young adult.

#7 Posted by aztek_the_lost (28224 posts) - - Show Bio

Umm, alternate characters don't have to look like each other at all, most of them don't. If they were supposed to be the same, what would be the point in alternate universes?

#8 Posted by Shanana (53031 posts) - - Show Bio
@aztek_the_lost: Took the words from me
#9 Posted by danhimself (22580 posts) - - Show Bio

she's older than Supergirl....Supergirl pre52 was only like 16...Powergirl was in her mid to late 20's

#10 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11739 posts) - - Show Bio

Different universe..different probability and opportunity..different gene's being passed. It's all very explanatory

#11 Posted by PrinceIMC (5422 posts) - - Show Bio

Isn't this question asked like once a year?

#12 Posted by Jorgevy (5114 posts) - - Show Bio

she was exposed to more estrogen in her universe. See, I just speculated, because thats all you can do.

Its a different universe, of course she will be different

#13 Posted by TheCannon (18917 posts) - - Show Bio

She's an alternate version. That means it won't be the exact same. Look at Batman and Owlman, or Superman and Ultraman.

#14 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@aztek_the_lost said:

Umm, alternate characters don't have to look like each other at all, most of them don't. If they were supposed to be the same, what would be the point in alternate universes?

#15 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

Different universe..different probability and opportunity..different gene's being passed. It's all very explanatory

I was just gonna say this

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.