Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1703 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

How many of you are sad with the new Power Girl costume.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By CODYSF
    No Caption Provided
    No Caption Provided
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Decoy Elite

I find it problematic that you can't actually tell it's Power Girl.

Avatar image for the_man_of_yesteryear
    The Man of Yesteryear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By CODYSF

@Decoy Elite:

Same here I was like who the hell is this.

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

@CODYSF: Supreme's long lost daughter.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By CODYSF

@I'maDC/ImageGuy!:

LOL yeah pretty much.

SuperShafe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By SuperShafe

Took me the longest time to figure out that that was a p on her cape.

Kal'smahboi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Kal'smahboi

I just don't like that they got rid of her unique cape.

And the legs. I'm gonna miss the legs.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By CODYSF

@The Man of Yesteryear:

I feel your pain.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#10  Edited By Hazlenaut

meh, so the boob jokes are over ok then. It is not a big deal. Do the gauntlets do anything.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Decoy Elite

@CODYSF said:

@Decoy Elite:

Same here I was like who the hell is this.

Exactly, I understand wanting to get rid of the boob window to make the character look less silly, but when you can't tell who she is that's just too divergent for the character design.

@I'maDC/ImageGuy! said:

@CODYSF: Supreme's long lost daughter.

She does look a lot like Supreme's sister now that you mention it.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

I like it, since this is Earth 2, i'm assuming this is a "golden age" type history, in the past people weren't so open minded as today, so she wouldn't be walking around with a giant hole in her shirt, it's practical..what i don't like is the hair

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

#13  Edited By Mercy_

I LOVE IT. Not a Perez fan (come at me, bro), but I like the design.

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By WildValentine

Ugh, really guys? There is more to a character than her cleavage.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By SoA

@WildValentine said:

EXACTLY.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Decoy Elite

@WildValentine said:

My problem is not the lack of cleavage but the fact that I couldn't tell it was her anymore. I'd be fine with a costume lacking a boob window, but I'd prefer the character stay relatively recognizable.

Avatar image for i_madc_imageguy_
    I'maDC/ImageGuy!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By I'maDC/ImageGuy!

@WildValentine: My problem is that now DC characters are starting to look like their image counter parts, heh.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 12

#18  Edited By Saren

I HATE IT I HATE IT I HATE IT

@WildValentine said:

Not the point. The reasoning for her not covering up that window was that she really couldn't care less about what people thought. She was a flying indestructible mass of "I-don't-give-two-sh!ts-what-you-think-I'm keeping-it". And now that's gone.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Saren

And yeah, I don't like the hair either.

Avatar image for redheadedatrocitus
    RedheadedAtrocitus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 3

Has nothing to do with the fact that you cannot see cleavage, and any insinuation otherwise is baseless accusation. What disturbs me is that she in no way resembles her pre-Flashpoint incarnation. Superman is fine. Supergirl is fine. Conner is fine. This is just...not cool I think. In truth she looks more like Suprema. Had Huntress not been next to her or the title be "World's Finest"...I've have not known this was PG.

CODYSF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By CODYSF

@CitizenBane:

Thank you kudos to you.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

#22  Edited By the_tree

I couldn't care less about her cleavage, I just hate this stupid and unnecessary costume change.

The old one's cape, gloves, belt, and boots were great. Her stupid P-cape, lack of blue, Witchblade-esque armbands and new haircut in the new costume are just plain terrible.

So yeah, you could say I'm upset. But it's not the first costume DC has ruined in the relaunch. Midnighter, anyone?

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#23  Edited By Gambit1024

...Wait... But... Why... No...

...Where's the boob window?...

:(

WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By WildValentine
    @CitizenBane: You've slightly restored my faith in comic readers. If that's the reason why you like it, then that's totally genuine. I just hate the idea that people only like a character because she is eye-candy.
    joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#25  Edited By joshmightbe

Her costume change doesn't bother me at all, but then again I've actually seen boobs in real life before so I understand why those of you who haven't would miss the third most sexist super hero outfit ever

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Decoy Elite

@CitizenBane said:

And yeah, I don't like the hair either.

It is literally the worst part of the design for me.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#27  Edited By fodigg

I loved it at first, then I saw the comparisons to the Supreme costume:

It's not the same, obviously, but it seems needlessly similar. Also, I wish they could have reincorporated her golden shoulder guard. I liked that.

But overall, I'm pleased. The boob window was a joke and had to go.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#28  Edited By dernman

I kinda like it. Don't like the hair though. 

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Saren

If they seriously wanted to cover up the boob window they could have just gone with the gold and white suit she wore in the late 90's-early 2000's. With longer hair it was a good look.

No Caption Provided
    TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#30  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

I like her new costume and am glad the "window" is gone.

Honestly I find it sad, I mean when Wonder Woman got pants or Superman and Batman lost their tights I could understand people feeling that it takes away from the "classic" look of those characters. But when it comes to Power Girl, all I've seen is people getting upset and ranting about they can't see some of her breasts. I understand that these characters are suppose to look sexy and attractive, but I find it both sad and a bit insulting to women that the only good or appealing female superhero these days are the ones who are showing enough boobs or butts. News flash people, there's more to characters like Wonder Woman, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Zatanna, Batgirl, Supergirl, Storm, and Power Girl than the size of their boobs or how big their butts look! Those things have nothing to do with their character and the fact that Power Girl's cleavage isn't showing anymore is not going to take away from her character; the only thing people who are whining and complaining about her new look are simply making every comic book reader look like pig-headed, women lusting perverts.

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#31  Edited By PowerHerc

I don't like it.

There wasn't anything wrong with her old costume.

I guess we'll see if self-righteous, politically correct crowd who complained about her old costume put their money where their mouths are and keep this one around. I doubt they will.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Decoy Elite

@War Killer said:

I like her new costume and am glad the "window" is gone. Honestly I find it sad, I mean when Wonder Woman got pants or Superman and Batman lost their tights I could understand people feeling that it takes away from the "classic" look of those characters. But when it comes to Power Girl, all I've seen is people getting upset and ranting about they can't see some of her breasts.

Read this thread. It's clearly not the case with most.

The problem with the costume isn't the lack of cleavage, but outright bad design.

Saren

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Saren

I'll never get tired of the people who are convinced that only "pig-headed women lusting perverts" liked the old costume.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Decoy Elite said:

@War Killer said:

I like her new costume and am glad the "window" is gone. Honestly I find it sad, I mean when Wonder Woman got pants or Superman and Batman lost their tights I could understand people feeling that it takes away from the "classic" look of those characters. But when it comes to Power Girl, all I've seen is people getting upset and ranting about they can't see some of her breasts.

Read this thread. It's clearly not the case with most.

The problem with the costume isn't the lack of cleavage, but outright bad design.

I have, and I've read the other thread Babs posted concerning this cover as well and the comments in their are the reason I wrote that. Whether it was in this thread or another, the fact is that people were literally whining because they no longer could see Power Girl's cleavage. No, they weren't ranting about bad writing or even that the design of her new costume was bad, they were simply upset because they no longer could see the line that divides the woman's chest. Which in, my opinion, is a bit sad as a character shouldn't be about their looks or even their costume, but the actual character and what makes them tick.
    WildValentine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By WildValentine
    @War Killer said:
    I like her new costume and am glad the "window" is gone.  Honestly I find it sad, I mean when Wonder Woman got pants or Superman and Batman lost their tights I could understand people feeling that it takes away from the "classic" look of those characters. But when it comes to Power Girl, all I've seen is people getting upset and ranting about they can't see some of her breasts. I understand that these characters are suppose to look sexy and attractive, but I find it both sad and a bit insulting to women that the only good or appealing female superhero these days are the ones who are showing enough boobs or butts. News flash people, there's more to characters like Wonder Woman, Ms. Marvel, She-Hulk, Zatanna, Batgirl, Supergirl, Storm, and Power Girl than the size of their boobs or how big their butts look! Those things have nothing to do with their character and the fact that Power Girl's cleavage isn't showing anymore is not going to take away from her character; the only thing people who are whining and complaining about her new look are simply making every comic book reader look like pig-headed, women lusting perverts.
    Thank you so much. It's nice to know that there may in fact be 3% of the comics population who love female characters for their personality and persona, rather than if they are good eye candy or not.
    Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Decoy Elite

@War Killer: Using the word "all" means you're saying that the only thing you've seen is people complaining about the lack of boob window.

That is not the case.

Character design matters, if your character's design is changed to the point that they're unrecognizable then it's a bad design transition. I feel this is one such case, I don't care about the stupid boob window, I care about the character actually looking like Power Girl, which as of this redesign she does not.

It's pathetic, there were clearly alternatives costumes that did get rid of the boob window that were more true to the characters overall design consistency and that looked less like Suprema rip offs and yet this horrible design was picked.

I'm more than a little annoyed at everyone assuming the reason I think the design sucks is because of the lack of boobs when I've made it quite clear that I dislike fanservice as a whole dude to it being a stupid distraction.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @CitizenBane said:

I'll never get tired of the people who are convinced that only "pig-headed women lusting perverts" liked the old costume.

I understand people like the old costume, I have no problem with that, and I wasn't pointing that comment towards them and if it came off as such, then I didn't mean it to. Like I mentioned in my post about classic looks, I understand that some readers feel that her look is a classic just like Wonder Woman's or Superman's. My post was pointed at those whose posts are simply "Where's the boob window?!" or "I want the cleavage back!" or other comments along those line. That's the only thing I'm annoyed about because it's like those people are saying that the only thing that makes Power Girl appealing or interesting is because you can see her cleavage, which isn't the case. The size of a characters breast or butt should not be what defines that character, and if so, that character must not be that interesting. Which again, Power Girl isn't one of those characters.
    kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By kidchipotle

@Decoy Elite: @CitizenBane: Must say I agree with everything you two are saying in this thread.

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Decoy Elite said:

@War Killer: Using the word "all" means you're saying that the only thing you've seen is people complaining about the lack of boob window.

That is not the case.

Character design matters, if your character's design is changed to the point that they're unrecognizable then it's a bad design transition. I feel this is one such case, I don't care about the stupid boob window, I care about the character actually looking like Power Girl, which as of this redesign she does not.

It's pathetic, there were clearly alternatives costumes that did get rid of the boob window that were more true to the characters overall design consistency and that looked less like Suprema rip offs and yet this horrible design was picked.

I'm more than a little annoyed at everyone assuming the reason I think the design sucks is because of the lack of boobs when I've made it quite clear that I dislike fanservice as a whole dude to it being a stupid distraction.

Well I didn't mean it to come off as if I was and I apologies, and I understand and have seen users state good reasons why they don't like the new look, like how they wish her blue gloves and boots were still in the design or her shoulder pad was still apart of it as well (and now thinking about, the shoulder pad would have been a nice addition), those comments I have no issue with and with some actually can agree with. But along with those comments, I have seen a good amount of other comments that are simply about the "lack of boobs" and those are the comments my statement were pointed towards. I probably should have used another word than "all" I'll admit, but to clarify, I didn't mean for it to come off as in ALL of the Vine think that way and I apologies to anyone who to offense to that.
    BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#40  Edited By BatteredArmor

When I first saw the new costume I ran out into traffic..........

doublezeroduck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#41  Edited By doublezeroduck

She doesn't need her tits hanging out all over the place for the costume to be good. I like the new one.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By BatteredArmor

@WildValentine said:

Ugh, really WV? There is more to CV than trolling people who don't hold the same design values as you

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Decoy Elite

@War Killer: I apologize. My response was a little uncalled for, I just get annoyed when people assume the only reason to like a more fanservicy design is for the fanservice.

emerald_dawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By emerald_dawn

Why didn't they just cover the whole on her chest instead of giving her a crap costume and what is with the wonder woman bracelets on steroids she's wearing?

jrock85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#45  Edited By jrock85
    No Caption Provided
    Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
    Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

#46  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

I love it. Especially the P on the cape.

Onemoreposter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By Onemoreposter

Worry not all. If anyone has had a history of bad costume changes and lame retcons it's Power Girl. It looks like it's happening again and we'll have to probably wait a few years but she'll be back in her original costume b4 long.

To others. Don't act likes it's wrong that we like PG's revealing costume. She wouldn't be half as popular if we didn't. However, on top of being one of the sexiest women in the DC U, shes also amazingly badass. She flaunts her sexuality because she's proud of who she is and she don't take no sh** of any d-bag who wants to act like shes an object.

Anyone who think a woman can't be strong, smart, independent, and at the same time wear something that makes a man's tongue role to the ground is either ignorant or jealous.

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#48  Edited By Deadcool

Should I?...

Really? Why does she has that DAMN hole?!!!!
    Really? Why does she has that DAMN hole?!!!!
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#49  Edited By InnerVenom123

Dear everyone who misses the cleavage,

Look up porn on the internet like everyone else.

With love,

InnerVenom123

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By TheBlueAngel93
    @Avenging-X-Bolt said:
    I love it. Especially the P on the cape.
    I really love that part of the design as well.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.