Follow

Power Girl

Character » Power Girl appears in 1721 issues.

Kara Zor-L is the older, wiser, and stronger counterpart of Supergirl from Earth 2 but resides on the Prime Earth.

Don't get Powergirl angry: Just ask Prime

Avatar image for ultimatewarrior123
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Now, I know what you people are saying powergirl is always aggressive, but actually she tends to hold back alot, even when mind controlled I have not seen her as angry as this:

This has led me to wonder whether or not Prime should become one of the main villains of PG or at least the big bad one, because I think she of all people should get that honour, with the murder of her cousin (father figure).

This might be a close second it looks pretty cool:

I don't know why they were fighting Prime in the first scan, but it just led me to thinking of how much you don't want her to get angry:

I mean she has the power to knock the tar out of Solomon Grundy:

own Mordu:

No Caption Provided
    ZoddGuts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By ZoddGuts

When she's really pissed off:

No Caption Provided
    armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By armylife1124

Wow she is crazy when she gets angry and strangely more attractive because of it.(why am I always into the crazy ones)

ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Continuation:

Should Powergirl get the honour of Prime being her biggest enemy as he killed Kal-L her father figure and cousin who she thought she had lost, only for prime to murder him?

I know PG is not in Prime's league but she has done some crazy stuff:

She took out superman black adam and major force at the same time:

And took out Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel (alternate versions of which The Mary Marvel owned our Mary Marvel):

No Caption Provided

Even when being downplayed she still is a beast (She was downplayed as being equal to supergirl):

Please leave your responses.

Darkmount1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 12

#5  Edited By Darkmount1

......................................WOW. Forget aggressive, she's tempremental!.......only when someone provokes her (think of what Blue Devil did in that one issue of Justice League International).

StarKiller809

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 462

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By StarKiller809

I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley...

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By achilles100
    @StarKiller809 said:
    "

I wouldn't want to meet her in a dark alley...

"
    Really?  I kind of would!

I've long argued that Prime should be her enemy first and foremost, with only perhaps Superboy having a claim near hers.  And I can think of quite a few ways she can hang with Prime.  I also think she needs to revisit Black Adam...

For that matter, they should bring back Yuga Khan and make him one of her top rogues; it'd be something different than the usual Darkseid fight that Superman does, and give her even bigger props when she prevails.  If she merely imprisoned him again, and he got loose, i might even lead to a team-up with Darkseid...something that would be fun to see.
    shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By shanana
    @ultimatewarrior123 said:
    "

Continuation:

Should Powergirl get the honour of Prime being her biggest enemy as he killed Kal-L her father figure and cousin who she thought she had lost, only for prime to murder him?

I know PG is not in Prime's league but she has done some crazy stuff:

She took out superman black adam and major force at the same time:

And took out Captain Marvel and Mary Marvel (alternate versions of which The Mary Marvel owned our Mary Marvel):

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Even when being downplayed she still is a beast (She was downplayed as being equal to supergirl):

Please leave your responses.

"
    Where's that last scan from
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By achilles100
    @Sha:

It's from one of the JLA/JSA Brightest Day issues.  PG here is possessed by the Starheart and is driven mad.  Later in the same arc, she and Supergirl, (who wasn't possessed because she apparently already was by her evil side), team up to build Mr. Terrific's anti-Starheart possession device...
    DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By DEGRAAF

I know its just a comic and everything is made up but i always found PG's achievements hard to believe. Taking on Superman, Major Force and Black Adam? Seems like a job no single super hero could accomplishe short of  Dr. Fate or Spectre.
    theik2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By theik2

Don't mess with PG!
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By Primmaster64

Because Power Girl pretty much hates Prime more than anyone else.

ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@DEGRAAF

PG is an earth 2 kryptonian, and as you know she is arguably as strong as superman, therefore on a good day if she does not hold back, she should be able to one-shot some people. It is just that they are all physically around the same level, therefore like among humans some can beat up 5 people at once she on a good day could as well. It is no different to Black Adam soloing the jsa or superman owning several people, or even Darkseid making everyone seem like chumps, at the end of the day it is 9/10 times about making a story and appealing to fans.

All the feat does is show that when she does not hold back she is a force to be reckoned with.

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By achilles100
    @ultimatewarrior123: At the time, though, she was under her old Atlantean origin, and thus considerably weaker.  Balancing things out however was the fact that Superman, Black Adam, and Major Force were all mind controlled and acting mostly as puppets on auto pilot, with none of their usual skill.  Still pretty impressive though, as their powers weren't effected.
    ChadwickDavis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By ChadwickDavis

Personally I think that he would make an acceptable villain for PG because he is too strong for her to get into a KDDO with, for prolonged periods of time, but she is far more intelligent than him. While he is a powerhouse even according to kryptonian standards, he is not very skilled or strategically minded, easily manipulated, hotheaded, and delusional.     

achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By achilles100
    @Unwritten Duck: Prime is evil IMO.  Torture, sadism, murder, genocide are all hobbies of his, and not potential hobbies either, but things he's actually indulged in.  The Joker is nuts, and evil as well.  But Prime, while suffering from one delusion in particular, does seem to know that what he's doing is wrong, which is why he persistently blames his actions on everyone else.

He'd make a great arch-enemy for her IMO, along with the Anti-Monitor, who she also owes big-time.
    Primmaster64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#17  Edited By Primmaster64
    @Unwritten Duck: nice
    ultimatewarrior123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cool nice to see that people think it is a good idea.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By QuasarPrime

Has PG ever fought Mary Marvel and/or Black Mary? 

Just curious how she would do against someone not Kryptonian, Amazonian or alternate realtity counterpart.   

Mary would have a high strength, durability, speed, reflexes and invulnerability and it would be an interesting fight! 
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By achilles100
    @QuasarPrime said:
    Has PG ever fought Mary Marvel and/or Black Mary?  Just curious how she would do against someone not Kryptonian, Amazonian or alternate realtity counterpart.    Mary would have a high strength, durability, speed, reflexes and invulnerability and it would be an interesting fight! 
    Yes, kind of, along with Black Billy.  It was inconclusive, with PG trying not to hurt them, while they were trying to hurt her.
    QuasarPrime

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By QuasarPrime

Oh, I would love to see that fight.   

Achilles100, do you know which comic and issue number(s) where this fight was held?  How long ago was it? 

While many fights between the super-strong seem inconclusive, sometimes one can read-between-the-lines and get a real handle on what happened.  Just like when 2 boxers fight.  Both may be beaten-up, but the judges know who got in the better shots and who should be deemed the winner. 

I would also love to see Donna Troy fight Power Girl.  Do you know if these two ever fought?  I don't think they ever did but again, another great match.  While WW-esque, Donna brings her own unique talents and fighting skills.  Would love to see how she rates against PG.
    achilles100

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By achilles100
    @QuasarPrime said:
    Oh, I would love to see that fight.    Achilles100, do you know which comic and issue number(s) where this fight was held?  How long ago was it?  While many fights between the super-strong seem inconclusive, sometimes one can read-between-the-lines and get a real handle on what happened.  Just like when 2 boxers fight.  Both may be beaten-up, but the judges know who got in the better shots and who should be deemed the winner.  I would also love to see Donna Troy fight Power Girl.  Do you know if these two ever fought?  I don't think they ever did but again, another great match.  While WW-esque, Donna brings her own unique talents and fighting skills.  Would love to see how she rates against PG.
    Wracking my brain, I know it was JSA, the arc where Black Adam winds up turned into stone by Shazaam.  It was about a year or so ago, but don't recall the issue numbers.  Wasn't really much, like I said.  The two pounded on PG for a bit, and she took it, likely because she was trying not to hurt them.

Donna has not AFAIK actually fought PG, but she did hide, sort of, when PG and SG went at it in JSA/JLA Brightest Day, (along with everyone else with any sense).  Which implied she was in no way capable of hanging with them.
    lorex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#23  Edited By lorex

OK she might have some issued with anger management.

ALdragon17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By ALdragon17

I think its pretty hot, smacking people around. Along, as I'd not in it, than its cool. Too many women hold their temper in. PG is wild cat, I wish we can see more of it. Oh, hands off of Batman, cause he's the coolest. You can do it to Superman, he's more of a World Hero than American hero:)

GWHH

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

great thread.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.