Follow

Polaris

Character » Polaris appears in 2836 issues.

The Mistress of Magnetism, Polaris, is the daughter of Magneto. One of the earliest additions to the X-Men's roster, she has also been a member of X-Factor and the Genoshan Acolytes.

Relationship between Polaris, Quicksilver, and Scarlet Witch?

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

I was just wondering, if there even any real connection between aside from the obvious DNA connection? I really just want to know how Pietro and Wanda reacted towards Lorna or treat her? Or do they just ignore each other? I know Quicksilver and Polaris were on X-Factor together, but i can't recall them ever really speaking like siblings (then again I have only read a few issues). 

Does anyone know? Does anyone know of any issues where the three of them (or either of them with Polaris) interact?

Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Mutant God

She once talk to Crystal and Luna, Quicksilver's family

Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#3  Edited By Korg

Polaris was only revealed to be related to Quicksilver and Wanda after that incarnation of X-Factor had disbanded. There has been no real interaction between the three of them other than when they speculated about how they will all be seen when Magneto is thought to be dead. Polaris being related to Quicksilver and Wanda is something that was only confirmed after the destruction of Genosha, around Uncanny #430. After that Polaris lost her powers, became a Horseman of Apocalypse, and then went into space (yet to return), so there wasn't a whole lot of bonding between the three of them. I can track down the actual issue where they discuss being the heirs of Magneto tomorrow if you want.

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4  Edited By jmc247
    @Mr. Kamikaze said:

Does anyone know? Does anyone know of any issues where the three of them (or either of them with Polaris) interact? "

Tons of HoM and AU issues, but only two 616 issues.   

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/Austen/uncanny_x-men_442_p15-2.jpg     
    Uncanny X-Men 442 and 443 as you can see from the pic above. Austen did the minimum of at least having her inform them that they were related and then have them go to Xorneto's funeral. But, that was so long ago many casual fans these days don't know about it and even some more hard core fans still just vaguely remember it. Lorna's post revel relationships with her entire family except Luna (and Crystal who is now no longer a part of it) remain a mostly blank slate and all fans have to go on is Lorna's pre revel relationships with them as well as Lorna's typical philosophical view on things and AU stories to try to figure out what her relationship with her family is or should be.

Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze
    @Korg said:
    " Polaris was only revealed to be related to Quicksilver and Wanda after that incarnation of X-Factor had disbanded. There has been no real interaction between the three of them other than when they speculated about how they will all be seen when Magneto is thought to be dead. Polaris being related to Quicksilver and Wanda is something that was only confirmed after the destruction of Genosha, around Uncanny #430. After that Polaris lost her powers, became a Horseman of Apocalypse, and then went into space (yet to return), so there wasn't a whole lot of bonding between the three of them. I can track down the actual issue where they discuss being the heirs of Magneto tomorrow if you want. "
    I did not know any of that. Thank you for the information. As for those issues, please if you don't mind, I would appreciate it! (assuming they aren't the same issues jmc247 pointed out)

@jmc247 said:
    " @Mr. Kamikaze said:

Does anyone know? Does anyone know of any issues where the three of them (or either of them with Polaris) interact? "

Tons of HoM and AU issues, but only two 616 issues.   

http://i46.photobucket.com/albums/f132/jmc247/Austen/uncanny_x-men_442_p15-2.jpg     Uncanny X-Men 442 and 443 as you can see from the pic above. Austen did the minimum of at least having her inform them that they were related and then have them go to Xorneto's funeral. But, that was so long ago many casual fans these days don't know about it and even some more hard core fans still just vaguely remember it. Lorna's post revel relationships with her entire family except Luna (and Crystal who is now no longer a part of it) remain a mostly blank slate and all fans have to go on is Lorna's pre revel relationships with them as well as Lorna's typical philosophical view on things and AU stories to try to figure out what her relationship with her family is or should be.    "
    Thank you for that.
    Korg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#6  Edited By Korg

They are the same issues. There is some more interaction, as you can see in these scans: 

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided
    That's about the extent of it though. Wanda stops whatever she's attempting to do on the next page.
    Mr. Kamikaze

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr. Kamikaze

Then I will look into these issues. Thank you both very much. Learned tons of new things.... :)

Eyz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#8  Edited By Eyz

We need more Polaris/Scarlet Witch interraction darn' it!! :/

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#9  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

Scarlet Witch and Quicksilver are to close and Polaris is to busy being awesome to notice 

PolarisJunkie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

#10  Edited By PolarisJunkie

I remember in one of the Magneto miniseries while he was ruling Genosha that there was a scene or were scenes with Lorna and Pietro frequently corresponding with each other and even one where they hugged. Which series this was I don't remember but I think at least she is friends with Quicksilver. I really don't think Lorna and Wanda have really ever spoken since those Austen issues and that was it.

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By SolthesunGod

It was Magneto: Dark Seduction.

Madame_Mist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Madame_Mist

I would really hope to see there relationship explored further.

SolthesunGod

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By SolthesunGod

So do I. But heroes line is really against the relationship so it probably isn't going to happen. Shame though.

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By jorgeareizaga

@Eyz: We need more brotherhood and friendship among Scarlet Withc, Polaris, Quicksilver, Wiccan and Speed and of course Magneto

jmc247

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jmc247

@jorgeareizaga:

It could happen, but we don't even know where Lorna will be post AvX.

anjuwayo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on!!! We all had such high hopes for this family's drama and now it turns out Magneto only has Polaris for daughter... I hope it is revealed that Wanda and Pietro where reality transformed into a new family like Wiccan and Speed... And what's with that, Wanda and Vision don't try to form a relationship with their kids... Poor Nocturn doesn't stand a chance... And why does nobody care that when Wanda reform reality she had three kids and when she changed it back she was down to 2, what happened to Tyler Magnus and his red and black eyes like Gambit and what his origin, like who is his daddy...?

jorgeareizaga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We need more Polaris, Quicksilver Scarlet Witch interraction!!!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.