Follow

Polaris

Character » Polaris appears in 2836 issues.

The Mistress of Magnetism, Polaris, is the daughter of Magneto. One of the earliest additions to the X-Men's roster, she has also been a member of X-Factor and the Genoshan Acolytes.

Polaris in X-Men First Class sequel

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By Namor1987

I think it's a strong possibility that she'll be the new character added to the next film. Since the directors or whatever said they'd only add 1 new character to the cast & that they would be equal with Magneto's power level. Do you guys think it'll be Lorna that joins the X-Men's side since the Brotherhood is kinda stacked with Azazel, Riptide, Angel, Mystique, Emma, & Magneto. The X-Men side is currently Banshee, Charles, Beast, & Havok. I think they'll add Polaris add the love-interest for Havok & to cause problems with Magneto also to add a strong female character to the X side.

TheOlympian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By TheOlympian

Honestly, I hope not. The fact that she is Magneto's daughter is a huge part of her character. That's not to say that it couldn't work. I honestly don't know who could go up against Magneto other than her though. Maybe Madison Jefferies? Fabian Cortez? Unus? Bedlam? Amelia Voght? (I'm reaching now obviously). Gerard Butler as Cable would be cool, but he can't hold his own against Fassbender-Magneto.

I loved XMFC. I'm hoping they reveal Havok's connection to Scott in the next one. They teased it in interviews, but never said. I do think that Xavier's School is a sausage-fest (which is ok if you're into that). I'm holding out on hope that he's time displaced...

I think Vertigo was able to hold her own against Magneto. Maybe they could introduce her as Polaris' potential mother.

Maybe they could get the women to speak to each other in the sequel?

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Namor1987

@TheOlympian said:

Honestly, I hope not. The fact that she is Magneto's daughter is a huge part of her character. That's not to say that it couldn't work. I honestly don't know who could go up against Magneto other than her though. Maybe Madison Jefferies? Fabian Cortez? Unus? Bedlam? Amelia Voght? (I'm reaching now obviously). Gerard Butler as Cable would be cool, but he can't hold his own against Fassbender-Magneto.

I loved XMFC. I'm hoping they reveal Havok's connection to Scott in the next one. They teased it in interviews, but never said. I do think that Xavier's School is a sausage-fest (which is ok if you're into that). I'm holding out on hope that he's time displaced...

I think Vertigo was able to hold her own against Magneto. Maybe they could introduce her as Polaris' potential mother.

Great ideas lol but Polaris would be good to go against Magneto. Scott, Jean & Storm should come it at the end of the trilogy

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Tone702

I think they need to show off a bit more of Banshee's offensive potential. His scream just backed Angel up a bit? Really? Coming from a guy who can shatter rocks and melt metal?  

I was thinking, since it's during the 60's, Sunfire could work. It would be cool to get an asian superhero in the mix, and Sunfire is plenty powerful.

Tone702

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Tone702

Or another possibility could be Namor. The Xmen group lacks a strong guy. (Beast is strong but not on the level I'm talking about) I know Namor didn't join the X-Men till in more modern times, but X Men First Class isn't exactly canon anyway. Plus having Namor in this movie could open the door for his own movie later. T

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Namor1987

@Tone702 said:

I think they need to show off a bit more of Banshee's offensive potential. His scream just backed Angel up a bit? Really? Coming from a guy who can shatter rocks and melt metal? I was thinking, since it's during the 60's, Sunfire could work. It would be cool to get an asian superhero in the mix, and Sunfire is plenty powerful.

Yeah sucks that Banshee wasn't used more offensively. But he was the aerial/recon guy. But Sunfire or Sunspot would be cool

PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By PrinceIMC

Sunfire, specially if they can come up with a unique way for him to use his powers and not just have him be an asian Human Torch.

maikkywin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By maikkywin

I'd like to see some of the "smaller" character get spotlight .

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Martian

Sunfire would be cool in a sequel.

Namor1987

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Namor1987

@maikkywin said:

Cannonball; Moonstar; Karma; Magma would nice. Warpath would be ill onscreen & Forge too since they've had next to Native American heroes onscreen. Monet would be cool since she's the perfect woman in a sense.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
    PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@TheOlympian said:

If they time shifted forward by ten years or so, it would be somewhat believable that Magneto would have teenaged children around fourteen or so. Erik seemed to be in his early 30s in the movie and considering his bio, he would only need to be in his teens to believably have kids if it was timed to occur after the Nazi regime fell apart.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

User Lists: 8

#12  Edited By X35

Mimic would be nice as well since he, as well as Polaris, are the only "60s X-Men" we haven't seen in films yet.

No Caption Provided
    Phylos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Phylos

@Namor1987 said:

@maikkywin said:

Magma would be nice.

Backflip

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#14  Edited By Backflip

@Phylos said:

@Namor1987 said:

@maikkywin said:

Magma would be nice.

QFT :D

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.