Is Polar Boy a Alien or Human ?

#1 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok i'm a little confused. On Polar Boy's page its says that he grew up on the planet Tharr. But under his classification it says he is human ? So what is he... Human or Alien ?

#2 Posted by Joygirl (19951 posts) - - Show Bio

WHO'S POLAR BOY?

#3 Posted by Izaiah (5256 posts) - - Show Bio

Alien.
I just fixed the page.

#4 Posted by Lord Shiva (806 posts) - - Show Bio

He's both. He a alien because he wasn't born on Earth but his people come from Earth. IIRC, you should see Mon'el for the reason behind most of Legion's humaniod races.

#5 Posted by Kid_Omega_Prime (1278 posts) - - Show Bio

@Joygirl said:

WHO'S POLAR BOY?

Who is Polar Boy... Ok here is a very briff history.

"Brek Bannin was a native of the planet Tharr who possessed the ability to project waves of cold. Along with several other youths, Brek came to Earth and applied for membership in the Legion of Super-Heroes. Although Brek's powers were impressive, the Legion decided that they were too uncontrollable and his application was rejected. Undeterred, Brek took upon himself the code name of Polar Boy and (along with several other rejected applicants) formed the Legion of Substitute Heroes.

It was Polar Boy's intention that the Subs would serve as a pinch-hitter secret weapon, aiding the Legion whenever possible. They headquartered themselves in a secret mountain base on Earth. At first, Polar Boy's confidence in the Subs usefulness began to wane, particularly when the Legion appeared to be handling threats with great success. Soon though, Polar Boy led the Subs on their first actual mission."

#6 Posted by Izaiah (5256 posts) - - Show Bio
@Lord Shiva said:
He's both. He a alien because he wasn't born on Earth but his people come from Earth. IIRC, you should see Mon'el for the reason behind most of Legion's humaniod races.
Unfortunately this piece of continuity seems to have been overwritten by the New Krypton arc, where one of the alien cities on Brainiac's ship is stated to be everything that remains of the planet Tharr (Winath and Braal are also mentioned). 
Adventure Comics #11 showed Mon-El restoring the cities abducted by Brainiac to planets of their own, presumably Tharr was one of them.
Anyway, all this may possibly be moot as of the New 52.
#7 Posted by Lord Shiva (806 posts) - - Show Bio

@Izaiah said:

@Lord Shiva said:
Unfortunately this piece of continuity seems to have been overwritten by the New Krypton arc, where one of the alien cities on Brainiac's ship is stated to be everything that remains of the planet Tharr (Winath and Braal are also mentioned). Adventure Comics #11 showed Mon-El restoring the cities abducted by Brainiac to planets of their own, presumably Tharr was one of them. Anyway, all this may possibly be moot as of the New 52.

Dangit, now I have to upgrade my DC info in my head. LOL

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.