Follow

Pokémon

Team » Pokémon appears in 414 issues.

Pokémon or Pocket Monsters is a variety of species in in the Pokémon franchise. Each Pokémon has unique abilities they use in battles. Many evolve into more powerful Pokémon that can use stronger moves.

Will Pokemon Black & White 2 feature new Pokemon?

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By poisonfleur

Considering black and white show parallels to red and blue, will the next game have new pokemon? Or is it too soon and new Pokemon will come in the inevitable Pokemon Gray?

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By kidchipotle

I think they're trying to avoid Pokemon Gray. And, in MY opinion, I think the reason Nintendo chose to make a sequel instead of Pokemon Grey/ another generation is because they've run out of new pokemon to make

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#3  Edited By InnerVenom123

There's already another batch in the works?

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#4  Edited By nefarious

Yeah, they've featured two new Pokemon, already.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
    Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Deranged Midget

I miss the good ol' days when it was a simple 150 Pokemon :(

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By kidchipotle

@Nefarious: Really? Who?

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

What do you mean who? The original series and games only had 150 Pokemon, that's what I grew up with.

nefarious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8  Edited By nefarious

Black Kyurem and White Kyurem.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By InnerVenom123

@Deranged Midget said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

What do you mean who? The original series and games only had 150 Pokemon, that's what I grew up with.

I hate to be that guy, but he didn't reply to you DM.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Deranged Midget

@InnerVenom123: >.< I feel like an imbecile.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By DEGRAAF

how many pokemon are there now?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#12  Edited By shanana

I think 649

feargalr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By feargalr

@ArturoCalaKayVee: I think it makes more sense to go the sequel route at the moment, this franchise has been going for so long they need to switch it up a bit.

Though I'm going to keep holding out for the full pokemon home console RPG.. any day now... any day.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By kidchipotle

@Deranged Midget said:

Hahaha, when I read your reply I was like WTF?! I grew up with Blue and Red, also. Those will always be the best and my favorite. Nothing can top those two. I feel bad for the kids who grew up with the games after that (although, Gold/Silver/Crystal were absolutely amazing also).

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Hahaha, when I read your reply I was like WTF?! I grew up with Blue and Red, also. Those will always be the best and my favorite. Nothing can top those two. I feel bad for the kids who grew up with the games after that (although, Gold/Silver/Crystal were absolutely amazing also).

Honestly, I feel that Ruby/Sapphire is also amazing.

Diamond/Pearl had great pokemon, but their villain team sucked.

Black/White.... it's just weird. I've yet to play it though, and I want to give it a chance.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By kidchipotle

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Black/White.... it's just weird. I've yet to play it though, and I want to give it a chance.

I'm 50/50 on Ruby/Sapphire. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I HATED Diamond/Pearl. But I suggest you try out Black/White, I really liked it. It was quite different from the previous games, story line wise, because it felt like an actual anime rather than just the monotonous get 8 badges, catch the legendary, beat the elite four.

Gambit1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 9

#17  Edited By Gambit1024

Aside from the two new mascots, I don't think so.

And while we're on the subject:

• Red and Blue are classics. While some of their Pokemon designs are lacking (Muk, Jynx, etc.), they had the best villain team, boss, leaders, rival and protagonist. Pokemon Trainer Red is such a badass, lol.
    • G/S had the best story (being a sequel to R/B), and a lot of their designs kicked ass (Scizor, Typhlosion, Suicune, Donphan, etc.)
    • R/S was a good game, but I'm not the biggest fan of their Pokemon designs. I did, however, really enjoy the region as a whole, their gym leaders, and the introduction to the Battle Frontier.
    • D/P had a few winners as far as the Pokemon designs go, (Torterra, Staraptor, Floatzel, etc.), but they were overall unoriginal, because a good chunk of them were new evolutions for Pokemon already established (Electivre, Leafeon, Glaceon, Froslass, etc.) I thought they had a great villain in Cyrus, but the team as a whole wasn't impressive.
    • B/W had the worst starters, but some of the best designs in the game series since R/B. N is a cool character, and the higher-ups of Team Plasma are pretty hardcore. I don't like the team as a whole, though, because their purpose is kind of dumb. Still, B/W can only go up for the sequels, and I really hope they implement things from HG/SS (the best games in the entire series) into it.
    InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I'm 50/50 on Ruby/Sapphire. Sometimes I like it, sometimes I don't. I HATED Diamond/Pearl. But I suggest you try out Black/White, I really liked it. It was quite different from the previous games, story line wise, because it felt like an actual anime rather than just the monotonous get 8 badges, catch the legendary, beat the elite four.

Hey. Don't knock the formula. :P

But like I said, I wanna try it.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Deranged Midget

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

Silver/Gold were absolutely incredible and easily held up to Red/Blue/Yellow. I spent countless hours with my friends playing those amazing games.

Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Deranged Midget

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

I've honestly never played Diamond/Pearl and beyond. I didn't mind Ruby/Sapphire though, but the old gameboy classics are unbeatable.

LaserLambert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By LaserLambert

The cover Pokemon is not new, it is Kyurem (the gray dragon) in two alternate forms (Like Deoxys' attack mode defense mode and speed mode.)

ReVamp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#22  Edited By ReVamp

@InnerVenom123 said:

@ArturoCalaKayVee said:

@Deranged Midget said:

ReVamp approves.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By poisonfleur

So what is Black and White 2? 
    More new Pokemon aside from the two dragons? 
    Events after black and white? 
    Or a dolled up Black and White (Basically Pokemon Gray)? 
    Will there be a pokemon game on the 3DS *cough cough* Pokemon Gray *Cough*?   
    (and can we get some more eeveelutions?) 

R/B/G/Y- Great Story/ Great Pokemon/ Great Gym Leaders 

G/S/C/SS/HG -Great Story/ Great Pokemon (side note: watch out for Whitney's Miltank) 

R/S/E - Pretty Good Pokemon/ Interesting Characters, Gyms & Leaders but an average story and mild substance. Also a very hard Elite Four...   

D/P/Pl- Neat Pokemon/ Okay story, Stupid Villains, Worst Gym Leaders Ever.   

B/W- 50/50 on the Pokemon, Great Gyms and Leaders, (Finally some black characters (Brock isn't black)) In depth story, Had as many interesting points in the game as gold and silver did. 

Any Co-signers? 

B2/W2- What will this game bring to the table? 

TheBlueAngel93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: -1

#24  Edited By TheBlueAngel93

Believe it or not, I actually like Kanto the least out of all the regions. I first started playing Pokemon with Silver and will always enjoy the Johto region and it's Pokemon the most. I really enjoyed Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald, along with the Hoenn region and it's Pokemon. Diamond and Pearl, I liked the Pokemon but didn't like the region as much as I wanted to; the whole trying to weave how the Pokemon universe was created just didn't feel that interesting and honestly it didn't feel like Kanto and Johto did with those region's history and how there were connected. With Black and White, it was really a 50/50, some Pokemon were cool while others were so-so to me, while the region itself (aside from the amazing graphics) didn't feel that interesting either, most of the towns I didn't even care about going back and exploring and the Gym Leaders weren't that interesting at all.

I really don't care how many Pokemon they make, I know some will suck but there will be others that will be awesome. I would like to return to Hoenn though with an undated version of Ruby and Sapphire like they did with Gold and Silver as well. Hopefully we'll get to do that in the near future.

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Jorgevy

@poisonfleur: @War Killer: @Gambit1024:

Glad to see some people here aren't drowning in nostalgia - thumbs up for all 3

the new games so far only had new forms to legendaries. at least that's what has been confirmed so far

Im also waiting for the Gen 3 remakes!!! Hope they make them as good as FR/LG or HG/SS were!

and yes it would be cool to have new pokemon (like eeveelutions!), but I dont think they'll do it

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By poisonfleur

@Jorgevy said:

the new games so far only had new forms to legendaries. at least that's what has been confirmed so far

Im also waiting for the Gen 3 remakes!!! Hope they make them as good as FR/LG or HG/SS were!

and yes it would be cool to have new pokemon (like eeveelutions!), but I dont think they'll do it

My guess is new eeveelutions are pokemon's ace in the hole. They will save that if they start to get desperate. On nostalgia's note, I hope they bring back walking with your pokemon for hg/ss. The gym leaders having a bigger role in the story for b/w. And keep up the trend of unique environments like the pokemon cemetery tower in lavender, stoopolis city, or celedon's gym. I am not too worried. No matter what game I play, I am never disappointed. Each game has something new and different to bring to the table. Maybe one day we will have multiplayer or character customization.

gonjasufi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By gonjasufi

They revealed three more in corocoro

Jorgevy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Jorgevy

@poisonfleur said:

@Jorgevy said:

My guess is new eeveelutions are pokemon's ace in the hole. They will save that if they start to get desperate. On nostalgia's note, I hope they bring back walking with your pokemon for hg/ss. The gym leaders having a bigger role in the story for b/w. And keep up the trend of unique environments like the pokemon cemetery tower in lavender, stoopolis city, or celedon's gym. I am not too worried. No matter what game I play, I am never disappointed. Each game has something new and different to bring to the table. Maybe one day we will have multiplayer or character customization.

Totally agree!

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.