Favorite Pokemon game

#1 Posted by Shanana (52925 posts) - - Show Bio
#2 Posted by Nighthunter (28580 posts) - - Show Bio

when I was a kid I loved pokemon stadium I and II

#3 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved Pokemon when I was younger (which wasn't that long ago), but Pokemon: Silver was the first game I every got (Pokemon wise), and that was a great game that I would play for hours none stop

#4 Posted by Shanana (52925 posts) - - Show Bio

Needless to say, my favorite game was Crystal, it was the first pokemon game where a Female trainer was an option. That you could finally get thunder stones leaf stone etc. earlier in the game, and The Pokemon had animations it's was a very fun game that i still play to this day!

#5 Posted by Agent Buttons (13479 posts) - - Show Bio
I like Chrystal too. Jhoto and Kanto. 'nuff said
#6 Posted by Kieran Marvel (154 posts) - - Show Bio

Crystal. Was the last one i bought in fairness though. Red and Blue are classics yeah but the gold/silver/crystal installments just wont ever look shabby.
#7 Posted by Fresh Prince (4987 posts) - - Show Bio

Red version all the way!

#8 Posted by drawme (423 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved the yellow version witch Pikachu!!!

#9 Posted by Kieran Marvel (154 posts) - - Show Bio

ah but then you needed blue to get all of the Pokemon. Was it Pincer and Electrobuzz? (the latter might not have even existed)
#10 Posted by Son_of_Magnus (15258 posts) - - Show Bio

I have only played Red, Blue, Yellow, Gold, and Silver

#11 Posted by Kieran Marvel (154 posts) - - Show Bio

you could play crystal, its the equivilent of yellow to red and blue. And yeah we've played the same games in the series 
#12 Posted by Shanana (52925 posts) - - Show Bio

I've played every pokemon game made lol.

I know i'm a dork V_V

#13 Posted by reaper2923 (2778 posts) - - Show Bio

Diamond and Battle Revolution I still play my diamond and I have about 600 hours on it

#14 Posted by Kieran Marvel (154 posts) - - Show Bio

no dork about it pal, games a game end of the day
#15 Posted by EisforExtinction (1909 posts) - - Show Bio

I only played Blue when it came out.

#16 Posted by jloneblackheart (5497 posts) - - Show Bio

I went nuts on Pokemon Stadium when it came out. Then I got Red and Blue so I could use my own Pokemon in it. I probably played them more that Stadium trying to catch them all and level them up.

#17 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio

HeartGold.

#18 Posted by Trodorne (2574 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" HeartGold. "
Same here, it was my favorite back on gameboy color and its the best on DS.
#19 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine said:
" HeartGold. "
Best. Pokemon. Game. Ever. 

So, who played Black and White? I did :)
#20 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
So, who played Black and White? I did :)
I have and I much, much prefer HeartGold.

There are two Pokemon I like from the new generation; Samurott, and to a lesser extent, Braviary. The quality of Pokemon overall in each generation has gone drastically downhill. 
In my opinion, Generations I and II will forever reign supreme.

#21 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: B&W wasn't so bad. I mean it was no HG/SS if that's what you mean. I liked the design for these Pokes a lot better than the last gen's. I guess the reason I feel that the first two gens were the best is because I grew up with them. But not everything from those games were winners. It's not like Muk, Jynx, and Delibird are the best designs ever, lol. 
#22 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:
@John Valentine: B&W wasn't so bad. I mean it was no HG/SS if that's what you mean. I liked the design for these Pokes a lot better than the last gen's. I guess the reason I feel that the first two gens were the best is because I grew up with them. But not everything from those games were winners. It's not like Muk, Jynx, and Delibird are the best designs ever, lol. 
Pokemon Black and White are decent games by any standards, just not up to the level of HG /SS. 

Ha, really? I mean, it's completely a matter of taste, but I prefer other generations of Pokemon on multiple levels. The fact that I grew up with the first two does probably help the fact that I like them more than any other generations, however, if I were to look at them with fresh eyes I still think I'd feel the same in terms of preference.

Ha, just a few poor examples of two otherwise fantastic generations.
#23 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine

Agreed. If a Pokemon game had the same amount of content as HG/SS and the look/feel of B&W has, I think it'd probably be the best Pokemon game ever, lol. 

I think they got a little creative this time around considering they've already done so much so far. It's hard to keep coming up with new ideas when they've already got almost 500 designs, but adding another 150+ is pretty commendable on their part. All winners or not. Last gen I thought they got lazy because a good chunk of them were just evolutions of older pokes (Electabuzz, Magmar, Murkrow, etc.). Were they cool? For the most part, yeah. But was it lazy? I think so. But if I were to look at all of them with fresh eyes, I'd say the best was the first gen. I'm also a fan of the third one to be honest, lol. 

Those were just on the spot =P
#24 Posted by Caligula (12417 posts) - - Show Bio

Diamond or Stadium.

#25 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
I loved Pokemon when I was younger (which wasn't that long ago), but Pokemon: Silver was the first game I every got (Pokemon wise), and that was a great game that I would play for hours none stop
And my surprise I never knew how much I missed Pokemon until I got Soul Silver, I just only wish I had more things to do after you beat the game, I could care less about "gotta catch 'em all!" -__-
#26 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer: Yeah, I think there should be some more side mission type things after the game is beat. I mean after you get all the badges and beat Red and catch them all (which isn't as hard as they make it out to be) that's kind of it, lol. 
#27 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024 said:

@John Valentine

Agreed. If a Pokemon game had the same amount of content as HG/SS and the look/feel of B&W has, I think it'd probably be the best Pokemon game ever, lol.

Agreed, I love the graphics in B&W. I know it's a long shot, but it would be nice to be able to go to other regions like in SS&HG, and possible go to other regions than just two after you make it to a certain part in the game.

@Gambit1024
said:
@War Killer: Yeah, I think there should be some more side mission type things after the game is beat. I mean after you get all the badges and beat Red and catch them all (which isn't as hard as they make it out to be) that's kind of it, lol. 
It's not even about how hard it is catching all of them, it's just I could care less about having EVERY single Pokemon, I just want my core team and just go out and have fun training and battling with them. But I do agree that they should have more side missions, maybe they could have something where you can become a Pokemon Ranger or something (not like with the whole stylist thing) and stop team's like Team Rocket and the other groups like Magma and Aqua from using Pokemon against mankind, also just helping people and Pokemon out in general instead of just battle, battle, catch, battle, game's over.
#28 Posted by John Valentine (16296 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer said:
@War Killer said:
And my surprise I never knew how much I missed Pokemon until I got Soul Silver, I just only wish I had more things to do after you beat the game, I could care less about "gotta catch 'em all!" -__-
I've never been one to support the concept of the "Pokemon Master". In fact, I think it's rather cruel to capture Pokemon and confine them a small space in a computerised storage system. I'm all about training and developing a bunch of my favourite Pokemon.

@Gambit1024 said:
@John Valentine

I think they got a little creative this time around considering they've already done so much so far. It's hard to keep coming up with new ideas when they've already got almost 500 designs, but adding another 150+ is pretty commendable on their part. All winners or not. Last gen I thought they got lazy because a good chunk of them were just evolutions of older pokes (Electabuzz, Magmar, Murkrow, etc.). Were they cool? For the most part, yeah. But was it lazy? I think so. But if I were to look at all of them with fresh eyes, I'd say the best was the first gen. I'm also a fan of the third one to be honest, lol. 

Those were just on the spot =P
That would be an amazing game. Maybe, being able to start with a choice of one starter from any region and later get the chance to get one from the other regions. That or an Eevee, and an evolutionary stone after the first gym and having all forty gyms and five leagues playable! With every region and all Pokemon! And player customisation etc. Amazing premise. 

Not a fan of third generation, really. I used to really like Sceptile but I woke up a few days ago and found myself not liking it anymore.

#29 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@John Valentine: I really don't see why you would want to be a  Pokemon Master anyways, what's the point of the game if you're not challenged and are greatest of all the trainers in the game. I mean call me crazy, but I like the fact that I get beat ever once and a while because it gives me a reason to look at what I did wrong and train myself to come up with a better strategy to try and beat that person next time.

I also wish they would've put Pokemon Contest in Soul Silver, I loved doing those more than I did battling at times in Emerald. Plus it was a nice change up after collecting all of the badges and beating the Elite Four.
#30 Edited by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio
@War Killer@John Valentine

But a game like that with 40 Gyms and all those leagues, your Pokes would've leveled to 100 by the 3rd set (well for me, anyway, lol.)  Maybe after each set you can  pick up a new starter? Character customization would be awesome. The Five Leagues would have to be altered a bit because of the first 2 gens. Unless they replace one of them with the Orange League or something like that. It'd be way too big for handheld though. Definitely worthy for a console, though.

I'd love a game like that nevertheless. It'd be insanely long, but who cares? I've been playing the same file of HG for however long it's been out and I'm still training some Pokes. 
#31 Posted by War Killer (19992 posts) - - Show Bio
@Gambit1024: A trainer can dream, can't he? :P lol

But with all of the 3D and new animations in the newer games, I'm just wondering when everything will finally like actually cartoon, be a huge step walking with a normal sized person instead of the little guys(and girls ;P) we're all use too xD
#32 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
Yellow. Without a doubt. I was crazy when that thing came out.
#33 Posted by where4artthoucarlos (246 posts) - - Show Bio

heartgold for me, even though i do like the originals

#34 Posted by Nefarious (18798 posts) - - Show Bio

Pokemon Silver.

#35 Posted by Kallarkz (3303 posts) - - Show Bio
@Caligula said:
Diamond or Stadium.
These are the newest I imagine.
Wow they have made so many.
Great to see that it is still around though

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.