What if Ivy was in the X-Men universe?

#1 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

Watched X-Men First Class yesterday, and I couldn't help but find lot's of similarities between Poison Ivy, and the mutants of the X-Men universe, particularly Magneto. Which sorta got me wondering...If Ivy was in the Marvel Universe, would she join the Brotherhood or X-Men? I think she would at the very least be a good friend with Magneto. What do you guys think?

#2 Posted by In_the_zone (37 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting question there, I do like Ivy alot.

I think if Ivy was an X-Men villain she would definitely be one of there most powerful foes and I can see her leading the Brotherhood, No doubt

I can see her being more a mystique type of friend, and the two of them becoming allies against the x-men and Ms. Marvel

I like that question

#3 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@In_the_zone:

Yeah, also think she might like Professor X too. :-)

#4 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@In_the_zone said:

Interesting question there, I do like Ivy alot.

I think if Ivy was an X-Men villain she would definitely be one of there most powerful foes and I can see her leading the Brotherhood, No doubt

I can see her being more a mystique type of friend, and the two of them becoming allies against the x-men and Ms. Marvel

I like that question

I can see her as a member, but a leader? Has Ivy ever lead a team?

Personally, I think she'd work alone, but would be Magneto's ally more than anyone else.

#5 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

Who knows? Maybe she could even get so involved she tries to mutate Harley's DNA?

#6 Posted by HereBeMonsters (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Ivy and Magneto on a team together? Sign me up.

I'm sure she could work well on either team, but if we're talking any team in the Marvel Universe, what about Uncanny X-Force? She certainly doesn't mind killing people if she has too....

#7 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

She would be in the Brotherhood IMO.

#8 Posted by TitanTempest (347 posts) - - Show Bio

Interesting, Very Interesting. Maybe she wouldnt help humans or mutants, make a mutantplant off breed (Flora-Superior)

#9 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@HereBeMonsters:

I could definitley see that.

#10 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

I really don't see her joining either the brotherhood or the xmen. She would be hellbent on destroying them both and having the flora take control again. I'm not saying it wouldn't make for an interesting dynamic, but she hates homo-sapiens, could she stand for homo-superior?

#11 Posted by John Valentine (16307 posts) - - Show Bio

Take away her mental state, she'd be an awesome X-Woman.

#12 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@BigMaraSpence:

Wow. I mean, I redspect your opinion, but words cannot express how much I disagree with you right now. It's not like she's never teamed up with homo-sapiens before (Harley, Ivy, and some others I'm forgetting.) And she never wanted to outright destroy humanity as much as she just wanted plants and humans to exist in peace. If she had, her plans would have been far, far more devious, evil and sick. Second of all, I think that Ivy would probably make the connection between mutants and her "babies" (Superior to homo sapiens, destroyed by ignorant human beings) And I really think she would connect with Magneto as another freedom fighter/terrorist with a righteous cause. Believe what you want, but I think that's one of the top 5 comments I disagree with most on comic vine.

#13 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@John Valentine:

I could see her replacing Magneto, as a female leader of the Brotherhood.

#14 Posted by BigMaraSpence (74 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: From everything I have ever read about Poison Ivy, she despises humanity to its core for destroying the balance of nature and has wanted to eradicate them so mother nature could take control again. Maybe we both just see it differently, but I don't think she would differenciate between mutants and humans. She might team up with the brotherhood as a means to an end (as all of her team ups with other villains have been), but I believe she would still end up backstabbing Magneto once they defeated to X-men.

I'm not trying to belittle your opinion, by the way. So, let's just agree to disagree and leave it at that.

#15 Posted by tiggertoga (100 posts) - - Show Bio

Ohhhh, I could see her joining the brotherhood. Her and Mystique wouldn't get along but I could see both fighting to say at magneto's right hand.

If she was in the brotherhood, I couldn't see much use of avalanche anymore...And it would be interesting to see her and Storm to clash....

#16 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@tiggertoga:

Awesome. but what did you mean by "to say at magneto's right hand"?

#17 Posted by tiggertoga (100 posts) - - Show Bio

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: whoops. ha. Meant "stay". Ivy never really shows too much emotion towards any human (except harley), but i feel like a strange relationship could blossom between her and Magneto. Or he could at least manipulate her.

#18 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@tiggertoga:

I don't think Magneto would be cruel enough to manipulate her. But everything else I agree with!

#19 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

#20 Posted by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a solo villain X-Man villain and/or Memeber of the Acolytes

#21 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobalion said:

How about a solo villain X-Man villain and/or Memeber of the Acolytes

I can see her as a member of the Acolytes. But what are the big differences between that and the Brotherhood?

#22 Posted by Cobalion (188 posts) - - Show Bio

Acolytes actually stick together, brotherhood always disband when they get beaten by the X-men. They believe in the mutant
dominance over the humans, but unlike the Brotherhood they aren't the type who randomly go around destroying cites, towns, innocent civllians and what not. Also they dont just play follow the leader, each of their members share different views of the world and are more or less, just misguided individuals. Brotherhood have different incarnations and always have different goals, Acolytes generally keep the same group of people and have the same goals.

#23 Posted by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

@cobalion said:

Acolytes actually stick together, brotherhood always disband when they get beaten by the X-men. They believe in the mutant

dominance over the humans, but unlike the Brotherhood they aren't the type who randomly go around destroying cites, towns, innocent civllians and what not. Also they dont just play follow the leader, each of their members share different views of the world and are more or less, just misguided individuals. Brotherhood have different incarnations and always have different goals, Acolytes generally keep the same group of people and have the same goals.

Sounds good to me! :)

#24 Edited by SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26 (6370 posts) - - Show Bio

BUMP

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.