Poison Ivy's Martial Arts

#1 Edited by MermaidKasumi (23 posts) - - Show Bio

Has it ever been revealed what martial arts style Poison Ivy studied?
In her self-entitled comic it mentioned that Ivy had studied a martial arts style to a competent level.
Though her Poisonous chemical secretions, immunity, and control over flora are all awesome
powers it'd be cool to know her martial arts background.

#2 Posted by BangingBootyNurseT (143 posts) - - Show Bio

Dont make me laugh, Poison Ivy doesn't know how to fight. She needs harley quinn and catwomen to fight for her. I use to like her but Uma Therman Made me cringe, she isn't hot enough to be her! DC should sue Uma for defamation of character!

#3 Posted by MermaidKasumi (23 posts) - - Show Bio

She might not be the biggest physical fighter but she's powerful as it is,she's a great character and more importantly an awesome villain! With her toxins,posionous secretions, control over flora as well as the ability to create new species-she's such a unique and beautiful character and not to mention a gorgeous one. She remains one of Gothams most powerful and exotic villains who has so many different aspects as a character, and is one of the most intriguing due to her moral ambiguity . She has attained over the years something that almost no villain gains and that's a depth to who she is and why she acts the was she does, not because she's "evil" but because to her it's what's right; she has not only shown love to plant-life but also to Harley and the bewildered orphans who she died to protect.

#4 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio
MermaidKasumi said:
"

She might not be the biggest physical fighter but she's powerful as it is,she's a great character and more importantly an awesome villain! With her toxins,posionous secretions, control over flora as well as the ability to create new species-she's such a unique and beautiful character and not to mention a gorgeous one. She remains one of Gothams most powerful and exotic villains who has so many different aspects as a character, and is one of the most intriguing due to her moral ambiguity . She has attained over the years something that almost no villain gains and that's a depth to who she is and why she acts the was she does, not because she's "evil" but because to her it's what's right; she has not only shown love to plant-life but also to Harley and the bewildered orphans who she died to protect.

"
I could not have put it better myself.
#5 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe not in the comics, but in Batman TAS, Ivy shows ability in unarmed combat when she beats up the Joker and his goons in order to save Harley Quinn, and later beats up Killer Croc in another episode.

Oh, and in her final appearance in The New Adventures of Batman, in an episode called: Chemisty (Yay!  I remembered the episode name!), Ivy smacks around her minions and later, nearly strangles the Bat to death, but is stopped when the boat they are on collapses by luck, and Ivy falls into the water, not to be seen for the rest of the series.

#6 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Silverheart said:
"

Maybe not in the comics, but in Batman TAS, Ivy shows ability in unarmed combat when she beats up the Joker and his goons in order to save Harley Quinn, and later beats up Killer Croc in another episode.

Oh, and in her final appearance in The New Adventures of Batman, in an episode called: Chemisty (Yay!  I remembered the episode name!), Ivy smacks around her minions and later, nearly strangles the Bat to death, but is stopped when the boat they are on collapses by luck, and Ivy falls into the water, not to be seen for the rest of the series.

"
HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ivy really slapped around The Joker? And I haven't seen her final Batman episode but she does return in Static Shock, alive and kicking with Harley Quinn, and Static Shock is part of the Batman, Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond, robot guy show DC Animation universe.
#7 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ivy really slapped around The Joker? And I haven't seen her final Batman episode but she does return in Static Shock, alive and kicking with Harley Quinn, and Static Shock is part of the Batman, Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond, robot guy show DC Animation universe."
No, she kicked him in the groin, sending him flying into a table.
#8 Posted by KnightlyVengence (302 posts) - - Show Bio
BangingBootyNurseT said:
"Dont make me laugh, Poison Ivy doesn't know how to fight. She needs harley quinn and catwomen to fight for her. I use to like her but Uma Therman Made me cringe, she isn't hot enough to be her! DC should sue Uma for defamation of character!"
I think you could make that argument for everyone in that movie... especially Bane...
#9 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Silverheart said:
"gunswordfist said:
"HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! Ivy really slapped around The Joker? And I haven't seen her final Batman episode but she does return in Static Shock, alive and kicking with Harley Quinn, and Static Shock is part of the Batman, Superman, Justice League, Batman Beyond, robot guy show DC Animation universe."
No, she kicked him in the groin, sending him flying into a table."

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! That's even more degrading.
#10 Edited by Mr.Voo the Doo (375 posts) - - Show Bio
BangingBootyNurseT said:
"Dont make me laugh, Poison Ivy doesn't know how to fight. She needs harley quinn and catwomen to fight for her. I use to like her but Uma Therman Made me cringe, she isn't hot enough to be her! DC should sue Uma for defamation of character!"

Uma should never touch a comic book based film ever
#11 Edited by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Her fighting style realize heavily on her looks it has 2 steps.

1. Men/Women stare in awe at her form and beauty
2. She kicks them in the balls

SIMPLE

#12 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio

I think it is more than that. In one pic on Ivy's page, there is a shot of her slapping around Catwoman.

#13 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio

How is THAT for her being able to fight?
#14 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Silverheart said:
"

How is THAT for her being able to fight?"

HAHAHA!! Always good to see Poison doing so slapping around.
#15 Posted by Shonen (692 posts) - - Show Bio
gunswordfist said:
"Silverheart said:
"

How is THAT for her being able to fight?"

HAHAHA!! Always good to see Poison doing so slapping around."
The only reason she got a slap on catwoman was because she was off guard. She was trying to trick Ivy into believing she was still under her control.
#16 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio

Kill Joy!!!!  Always ruining my moment!

#17 Posted by gunswordfist (2669 posts) - - Show Bio
Silverheart said:
"Kill Joy!!!!  Always ruining my moment!"

Yeah people need to STFU and just enjoy the Cat fight.
#18 Posted by Silverheart (66 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Strafe Prower (11887 posts) - - Show Bio

It would be cool to see her do a little H2H with some characters and show her stuff. i really like Poison Ivy!

#20 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@Shonen said:
"Her fighting style realize heavily on her looks it has 2 steps.1. Men/Women stare in awe at her form and beauty2. She kicks them in the ballsSIMPLE "
yup
#21 Posted by Aronmorales (9460 posts) - - Show Bio

Never saw Ivy as a hand to hand kinda gal.

#22 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@Sidney said:
" yup "
Well, that was really worth bumping a thread after 5 months.
#23 Posted by Sidney (1272 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
"@Sidney said:
" yup "
Well, that was really worth bumping a thread after 5 months.
"

Yup. Ivy is a great villian though too bad alot of people who are not die hard Batman fans do not realize that. She should get way better treatment then from Batman & Robin. A hot good actress should lay her and she should be the main villian. She could carry herself and give a real threat to the Batman.
#24 Posted by Greenery (4 posts) - - Show Bio
@Silverheart: I second that, she's amazing.
#25 Posted by NightFang (10130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Strafe Prower: Agreed, she needs too get in more fist fight's.
#26 Posted by pentagram (312 posts) - - Show Bio
@MermaidKasumi said:
"

"
fantastic description 
applause, applause
#27 Posted by Hazlenaut (1960 posts) - - Show Bio

It could happen later on just like Shade in the Justice League series. She may know a few moves just in case she did lived in Gotham.  It’s not her style but she probably learned a few moves from Harley    

#28 Edited by lorex (958 posts) - - Show Bio

I would say her fighting ability is average at best. Enough if she had to fight of some nameless goon or a fat cop. Her looks are exotic enough to be distracting, coupled with the various toxins her body creates can make her irresistible. Though her strongest
power is her control over nature. The ability to make plants grow that can trap, ensnare or assault people is a great power. Less of an advantage in Gotham but even there very useful. Put her in a forest or jungle and that power increases by a huge degree.

#29 Posted by Bopper Girl (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah I guess ivy would be a cool character if she was less sexist and more human and animal compassionate.

#30 Posted by Aqua11500 (2647 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy has some what enhanced strength because of the toxins in her body.I think she is strong enough to swat a street thug away without her powers.though that isn't her style and the fact that she isn't as skilled of a fighter..IDK 

But that would be cool if she showed more h2h prowess.but like Lorex idea,in Gotham her offensive plant control isn't very useful because there isn't much greenery in the city,but if you put her in a jungle i positive that she would become more powerful.It would be a death trap to anyone that opposed Ivy's plan who stepped foot in her teritory.Though Ivy's one of the very few villains who interest me.

#31 Posted by Musclasura (4 posts) - - Show Bio

Poison Ivy is a pretty dangerous hand-to-hand fighter, but she is so groggy with her plant-psycho powers and seductive charms that she is almost never seen fighting by herself. The few instances that show her kicking ass is sufficient to let us know her potential.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.