Follow

Poison Ivy

Character » Poison Ivy appears in 1964 issues.

A brilliant botanical biochemist, Pamela Isley is a fervent eco-terrorist out to save the world's plant life by any means necessary. She often finds herself at odds with Batman, though they have, on occasion, fought on the same side.

Poison Ivy vs Emma Frost

GreenIvy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By GreenIvy

I've always found them very similar in personality issue so I decided to make this battle! XD'

The fight takes place in a forest, Emma has access to her telepathy and diamond shape

They start 20 meters away

The fight is defined by death or knockout.

Who wins? how and why?

Ivy

vs

Emma Frost

;

x_29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 33

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By x_29

Emma

SupBatz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#3  Edited By SupBatz

Hm. I agree that they do have some similar personality traits. In terms of an actual fight...I'd have to say Emma Frost. Ivy might have the home field advantage in a forest but Emma shifting between diamond form (to make herself impervious to anything Ivy throws at her) and attacking Ivy's mind would probably wear Ivy down.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By BlackWind

Ivy would get raped.

BatteredArmor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By BatteredArmor

@BlackWind said:

Ivy would get mind raped.

EmmaGraceFrost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By EmmaGraceFrost

I hate you for making this thread between my two fav. charaters ugh ! *walks away* & why the hell would ivy and emma even have a reason to fight !

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By JonSmith

@EmmaGraceFrost said:

I hate you for making this thread between my two fav. charaters ugh ! *walks away* & why the hell would ivy and emma even have a reason to fight !

Emma: "Hm... These flowers are quite lovely." *orders male servant to pick them*

Ivy: "MY BABIES!"

Cue fight.

On topic, I'm going to give it to Emma. I'm not entirely certain of Ivy's capabilities, but I doubt plants would stop Emma from invading Ivy's mind and knocking her out.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By DEGRAAF

I would say it depends. If Ivy can wrap Emma like a Boa constrictor with vines so tight to the point of shattering then she would win. Emma has been shown to crack before when put under enough pressure. He only chance would be her telepathy which would end the fight pretty quickly so it all depends on what Emma's first move would be which is most commonly telepathy so i would think she would win. It is Emma's to lose.

On the other hand Even if Emma went to telepathy first, if Poison Ivy tried using her pheromones first and if they actually work on females then i think Ivy stands a good chance bc even if Emma can gain control of Ivy's mind, if Poison Ivy can get enough pheromones in to the air to cause paralysis (mental and physical) and or hallucinations before her mind is taken over and to hinder Emma's mind controlling abilities then Emma would have to change to diamond form to avoid the biological attack keeping her from using telepathy and giving poison ivy the chance to crush her with vines and roots or bury her within a huge tree or have roots suck her in to the ground

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#9  Edited By Veitha

@DEGRAAF said:

I would say it depends. If Ivy can wrap Emma like a Boa constrictor with vines so tight to the point of shattering then she would win. Emma has been shown to crack before when put under enough pressure. He only chance would be her telepathy which would end the fight pretty quickly so it all depends on what Emma's first move would be which is most commonly telepathy so i would think she would win. It is Emma's to lose.

On the other hand Even if Emma went to telepathy first, if Poison Ivy tried using her pheromones first and if they actually work on females then i think Ivy stands a good chance bc even if Emma can gain control of Ivy's mind, if Poison Ivy can get enough pheromones in to the air to cause paralysis (mental and physical) and or hallucinations before her mind is taken over and to hinder Emma's mind controlling abilities then Emma would have to change to diamond form to avoid the biological attack keeping her from using telepathy and giving poison ivy the chance to crush her with vines and roots or bury her within a huge tree or have roots suck her in to the ground

The only way to crak her in hitting her on her breaking point, and Ivy doesn't know where it is and she doesn't even have the strenght to break it.

Anyway, Emma's faster than Ivy and a psibolt is faster than a pheromones attacks, so Emma can definetely win in a matter of seconds.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#10  Edited By poisonfleur

Emma doesn't have telepathy anymore... So would this change the game between the two?

Love them both btw.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#11  Edited By Hazlenaut

Wouldn’t Emma telepathic powers would be a negative as she will be listen to all the plants Ivy is listening to. That is a lot of voices. Ivy plants do think on their own like not much thought like animals but would aim at Emma. their emotionally connected to Ivy.

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Veitha said:

The only way to crak her in hitting her on her breaking point, and Ivy doesn't know where it is and she doesn't even have the strenght to break it.

Anyway, Emma's faster than Ivy and a psibolt is faster than a pheromones attacks, so Emma can definitely win in a matter of seconds.

What is her breaking point? I thought it just had to be so much pressure. Also Plants can be rather strong, enough to break down concrete walls.

Also we don't know (Im assuming this isnt true since we have never heard of it but just throwing out an example) if Ivy sub consciously gives off certain pheromones while fighting, being attacked, unconscious. And while a Psi-bolt is quicker, that doesn't mean that Ivy couldn't get enough into the air to mess with Frosts mental abilities.

Veitha

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#13  Edited By Veitha

@DEGRAAF said:

@Veitha said:

Anyway, Emma's faster than Ivy and a psibolt is faster than a pheromones attacks, so Emma can definitely win in a matter of seconds.

What is her breaking point? I thought it just had to be so much pressure. Also Plants can be rather strong, enough to break down concrete walls.

Also we don't know (Im assuming this isnt true since we have never heard of it but just throwing out an example) if Ivy sub consciously gives off certain pheromones while fighting, being attacked, unconscious. And while a Psi-bolt is quicker, that doesn't mean that Ivy couldn't get enough into the air to mess with Frosts mental abilities.

Emma's diamond form in unbreakable, unless you hit her on her critical point, that is over her nose, at the base of the front. But you'll need a pierce attack with something as hard as diamond lol So Ivy won't break her, no way.

Emma stomps this very easy. At the very start of the battle she makes her fall asleep or she shuts off her brain, and she wouldn't need the time to take a breath to do this. She has just to think

DEGRAAF

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By DEGRAAF

@Veitha: interesting. Where do they talk about this breaking point. I guess my theory was based off of the X-Men first Class movie where Eric almost shatters her neck by strangulation with a rod iron bed frame. I thought since her diamond form was imperfect that she could be shattered

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.