Follow

Plutonian

Character » Plutonian appears in 78 issues.

Once the world's greatest hero, years of criticism and being feared led the Plutonian to snap. His slaughter of millions and fellow teammates have deemed him the world's greatest supervillain.

What happened ?

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#1  Edited By Silver Knight75

I started looking into this story with Plutonian and Max Daring, but what I don't get is what made Plutonian turn to evil ways?

iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By iLLituracy

That's one of the mysteries in the Irredeemable series. At least while I was reading it.

Avatar image for silver_knight75
    Silver Knight75

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Silver Knight75

so nobody actually knows what turned him?

interesting

AtPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By AtPhantom

It's basically lots of little things which just nudged him on during his life. All those things that worked out right during Superman's childhood worked out wrong for the Plutonian. you really have to read the series to figure out the entire reason.

Hi I'm New

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#5  Edited By Hi I'm New

howler412

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By howler412

I think that any idea I have will be woefully wrong b/c Mark Waid is clearly more creative than me. Any idea have have kind of sucks, but whatever it is, i'm expecting something insanely awesome and getting a 'holy shit didn't see that coming' response that i get from the series so often. Maybe somebody else turned him insane (intentionally) or maybe he was lways unstable (Hornet hints at this) but we also see that from flashbacks involving Hornet, that it wasn't just a spur of the moment, he was slowly deciding to turn evil, and that he occasionally had difficulty restraining himself. Whatever the reason, it's gonna be awesome. 

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#7  Edited By RedK

it was the people that turned him, imagine that you go around saving the day but people say crap about you and spread lies about you (J. Jonah Jameson) after awhile it would get to you but instead of ignoring it and taking the higher road like spidey, plutonean got angrey and upset and decided to teach humanity a leason

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.