Would you read a Plastic Man ongoing?

#1 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Plastic Man is one of DC's craziest, and best characters. He's incredibly underused, and I think that's terrible. He's had a cartoon pilot, but it wasn't picked up for some reason.

With the new titles from The New 52, I see that Plastic Man was yet again ignored. It ain't right. So would you read an ongoing series about Plastic Man?

#2 Posted by BloodTalon (431 posts) - - Show Bio

I would grab the first issue at least.

BTW has there been any mention of him in the DCnU and I mean any in interviews or in a comic?

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5645 posts) - - Show Bio

I could, although I do prefer Elongated Man.

#4 Posted by Galathanos (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah, I'd get tired of the jokes after 3 issues

#5 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11386 posts) - - Show Bio

I loved plastic man in JLA and think he should be a full time member in the new book. Then again, I absolutely loved the original JLA pre-IC team. The big 7 + Plastic man, huntress, steel, orion, big barda, zauriel, aztek, etc. Such a good mix of characters. But as for a Plastic man ongoing...I would definitely pick up the first couple issues..but I don't see it being successful. He's more of a supporting character.

#6 Posted by StarKiller809 (1238 posts) - - Show Bio

No. No I wouldn't. I think that I would maybe give him a chance if he got DC Universe Presents story that didn't last too long. I just think that he is more for humor then have a series all of his own. His power seems kinda weird to me too. A backup feature in one of the books I'm getting or DC Universe Presents in the only way I'm going to get a Plastic Man series.

#7 Posted by Daveyo520 (2447 posts) - - Show Bio

No he is too silly for me. Maybe if he was not in the real DC universe it would be ok.

#8 Posted by TheGoldenOne (38849 posts) - - Show Bio
Maybe.
#9 Posted by BiteMe-Fanboy (7743 posts) - - Show Bio

Ofcoarse. Plastic Man rules.

#10 Posted by RedK (2521 posts) - - Show Bio

yea but if it had a bit more of a serios tone towards it and not jokes all the time, i think ArturoCalaKayVee is right though he is more of a supporting character. Maybe they'll give him a few issues in DC Presents

#11 Posted by StayclassyMarvel (61 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd love to see an ongoing series. Well written, it could be spectacular. It would have to be funny, but not stupid. It would also have to be on the sort of street level that characters like Batgirl operate on; no intergalactic shit. I could see Plas being a sleuth, disguised as the red and yellow lamp in the corner...

#12 Posted by DamianWayne (116 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, I would, if......

A) he lost the leotard and got a suit that covered his legs.

B) He got a tad bit more serious.

C) He got some badass villains.

#13 Posted by sinestro_GL (3127 posts) - - Show Bio

2 issues...and I would grow tired.

#14 Posted by ShrimpDino (841 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes I would read a Plasticman ongoing comic :D

Just as long if he is still funny and not Darker and Edgier

#15 Posted by Redberry (797 posts) - - Show Bio

He's too.. fruity for my taste.

#16 Posted by Rumble Man (11119 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes, DC has too much serious and gritty characters we need comedic relief once in a while

#17 Posted by ExtraLarge (243 posts) - - Show Bio

Plastic Man should take over Detective Comics. Because he's a detective. And Batman has too many books. And Deadpool proves that goofy characters can sell a gazillion books.

#18 Posted by SlamAdams (299 posts) - - Show Bio

Depends on who's writing.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.