What's so good about plastic man?

#1 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

I was at the library and I saw a trade about him.I didn't get it though. What is plastic man about though. What's so good about him. When I first heard about his powers, I thought it was really lame. Being able to stench is such a lame power.

#2 Posted by TheBigRedCheese (372 posts) - - Show Bio

Plastic Man makes me laugh. I'll post one of his comics, feel free to check it out in my image gallery.

#3 Posted by Video_Martian (5631 posts) - - Show Bio

He's funny...

#4 Posted by Crom-Cruach (8728 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: behold the glory of plastic man!

#5 Posted by Spectre108 (269 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm actually not a huge fan of him. I prefer Elongated Man.

#6 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

He can pull off a corset.

Respect

#7 Posted by Degalon (737 posts) - - Show Bio

@moywar700: He can do more than just stretch. "Just stretch" is Elongated Man's power.

Plastic Man is essentially invulnerable, immortal, and one of the greatest Shapeshifters in comics. He can manipulate his body to the point where he becomes complete other things. Have seven heads and talk out all of them, become a helicopter, immunity to telepathy, become a giant version of himself that eats people whole, etc, etc. Plus, he doesn't seem to really HAVE a limit to his stretching. Overall, he's easily one of the most powerful Justice Leaguers to have ever existed.

He's a living cartoon.

Also, he's hilarious.

#8 Posted by moywar700 (2775 posts) - - Show Bio

@Degalon said:

@moywar700: He can do more than just stretch. "Just stretch" is Elongated Man's power.

Plastic Man is essentially invulnerable, immortal, and one of the greatest Shapeshifters in comics. He can manipulate his body to the point where he becomes complete other things. Have seven heads and talk out all of them, become a helicopter, immunity to telepathy, become a giant version of himself that eats people whole, etc, etc. Plus, he doesn't seem to really HAVE a limit to his stretching. Overall, he's easily one of the most powerful Justice Leaguers to have ever existed.

He's a living cartoon.

Also, he's hilarious.

hmmmm

#9 Posted by joshmightbe (24463 posts) - - Show Bio

He's funny that's enough for me

#10 Posted by Paracelsus (1471 posts) - - Show Bio

He is (essentially if not arguably ) both indestructible and immortal- he has lived (at least in the future) at least THREE THOUSAND YEARS and has survived having his heart physically torn out from his body(how he can so survive is unclear at least to me-perhaps he can grow a new heart). Despite his clownish demeanor, Plastic Man can/does have a serious side; namely his desire to be a good father to his son!

Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.