Follow

Plastic Man

Character » Plastic Man appears in 1417 issues.

Former thief Patrick "Eel" O'Brien accidentally fell into an acid vat. This vat gave him the powers to bend his body into any imaginable form. He stands today as the comedian in any team he's in. Beneath his joking exterior, he is a valuable asset in any situation.

Wachowskis On Plastic Man Or Maybe Superman?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    No Caption Provided
    Last summer there was a rumor that Keanu Reeves might be playing Plastic Man in a movie by the Wachowski Bros.  The latest according to a scoop by AICN is director James McTeigue has apparently confirmed that Plastic Man would be the next movie for the Brothers.

The rest of the news is because Bryan Singer isn't interested in doing a Superman re-boot, Warner Bros. has been forced to look for someone else.  McTeigue has allegedly said that the Wachowski Bros. have been approached to take it over.

I think either would be interesting.  Thinking back to the last Matrix movies or Speed Racer movie, I'm not sure what to expect if they did either.  Part of me would prefer to see a Plastic Man movie first since Superman has been done so many times.  I don't know if people would want another one so soon after "Superman Returns."  Then again, he is more of a household name over Plastic Man.  The merchandising alone would be reason enough to lean towards Supes. 

It's all a rumor for now.  What do you think?  Sound good or just too wacky?  Who could play Plastic Man?  Should Brandon Routh return or someone new?  (I'm sure someone will say Tom Welling).
    defunkt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By defunkt

I think the Wachowski Brothers could make an amazing Superman movie. Neo really reminded me of Supes in the Matrix sequels. It might be a little too soon for a new Superman movie though. Superman Returns was pretty bad in my opinion and I think people might need some more time to forget about it. I'd love to see them direct a Plastic Man movie though. 

MadOmegaMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By MadOmegaMan

I think Jim Carrey should be Plastic Man. Carrey's the greatest actor ever!

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Nighthunter

I feel stupid but...

who are the wachowski bros?

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By gmanfromheck

I mentioned they did the Matrix trilogy and the Speed Racer movie.  HERE's their wikipedia page.  I think it could be hit or miss

Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#5  Edited By Nighthunter

oh....

count me unexcited then

Tony Rogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#6  Edited By Tony Rogers

I'lll watch anything the Wachowzki brothers make

hope Jim Carrey plays Plastic Man

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.