Follow

Plastic Man

Character » Plastic Man appears in 1417 issues.

Former thief Patrick "Eel" O'Brien accidentally fell into an acid vat. This vat gave him the powers to bend his body into any imaginable form. He stands today as the comedian in any team he's in. Beneath his joking exterior, he is a valuable asset in any situation.

Some thoughts on Plastic Man

SilverMan91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By SilverMan91

Im just now getting real into this guy and everywere i look it says he has complete control of his entire molecular structure, if if that were to be ture then he should be able to do some things that i dont c him do:  be able to make sharp opjects(or any object for that matter) with any part of his body (ala Terminator 2) , completly liquify his body (not just to a jelly or cremy like consistency but more like water), he should also be able to turn into a gas or a vapor, like this he should be able to make his body increibly hard i mean if he really has complete control of his molecular structure he should be able to make his body as if not more durable than superman's.  i have seen him get blow to peaces and it all just comes back to gethor, so technically he should be able to control any part of himself even if its physically removed from him , which would allow him to make duplicates of himself whith all of his abilities while he retains complete control (just take a moment to imagine that =D), also ive noticed that he dsnet change coloe when he morphs,a dn quite frankily he should also be able to do that, now i dont know if anyone agrees with me but these abilities should be well within his power discription "complete control of his entire molecular structure, so i guess that this thread is more of a exploring the true cabilities of Plastic mans powers.  Wht do you guys think he should be able to do with his powers that he really hasnt shown....
    Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Paracelsus

Dear Silver man

According to his Wikipedia entry, not only has Plastic Man survived having his heart torn out of his chest but he has lived 3000 years as no more than crumbs at the bottom of the sea so clearly his powers need to explored in greater depth- 3000 years, not even Superman is expected to live that long(comparisons to the likes of Marvel and DC deities such as Thor or Hercules miss the point- they are immortal the Man of Steel isn't !)

Blue Outburst

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Blue Outburst
    @Paracelsus: Good point
    Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Paracelsus

I'm curious- IS Plastic Man virtually immortal(or a the very least indestructible). If he can survive having his heart torn out of his chest by Vibe(can he grow a new one?) then it would seem so. Despite his wisecracking public persona it would be nice to see PM in a story which dealt with this issue, the pros and cons of being able to live forever(or at the very least not to age-he's been active since the 1940s and well into the 20th century and doesn't seem a day older than his early 30s/late 20s)!

Terry

RedK

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By RedK
    @Paracelsus said:
    Dear Silver manAccording to his Wikipedia entry, not only has Plastic Man survived having his heart torn out of his chest but he has lived 3000 years as no more than crumbs at the bottom of the sea so clearly his powers need to explored in greater depth- 3000 years, not even Superman is expected to live that long(comparisons to the likes of Marvel and DC deities such as Thor or Hercules miss the point- they are immortal the Man of Steel isn't !)
    you do realise that Supes is still alive in the 853rd century and when the flash was racing through time and reached the end of it the only living being left was Supes
    armylife1124

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By armylife1124
    @Paracelsus said:
    Dear Silver manAccording to his Wikipedia entry, not only has Plastic Man survived having his heart torn out of his chest but he has lived 3000 years as no more than crumbs at the bottom of the sea so clearly his powers need to explored in greater depth- 3000 years, not even Superman is expected to live that long(comparisons to the likes of Marvel and DC deities such as Thor or Hercules miss the point- they are immortal the Man of Steel isn't !)
    I thought that was a different version of Plastic Man?  This version has only been around for a while(former crook who has been around for "decades" not thousands of years?
    Paracelsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Paracelsus

More about Plastic Man- I've just seen a newly added section in his Gallery where he appears to be not just shot in the chest(presumably by a gun) and we see a whitish fluid which his sidekick says smells like "airplane glue"(presumably blood or the equivalent that is pumped by his heart around his veins). This raises three questions(a) how could a bullet from an ordinary(presumably) gun penetratre PM's elastic flesh-shouldn't it just stretch? (b) despite the possiblity that he might possibly bleed to death due to this chest wounds, PM seems oddly indifferent to this possiblity (c) given that he is demonstratably NOT a "normal" person, if PM is injured in combat, who takes care of him in such eventualities- does the JLA have special medical facilities(including samples of his "blood" in reserve?)
    Terry

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.