Follow

Pixie

Character » Pixie appears in 1750 issues.

Pixie is a fairy-winged mutant who can cause those exposed to her dust to experience hallucinations. Her powers also includes teleportation. A former X-Men student, she is now part of the Legion of X.

X-Men: Pixie Strikes Back #1 Review

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 472

User Lists: 2

Edited By gmanfromheck
    Click To Unmute

Want us to remember this setting for all your devices?

Please use a html5 video capable browser to watch videos.
    This video has an invalid file format.
    00:00:00
    Sorry, but you can't access this content!
    Please enter your date of birth to view this video

By clicking 'enter', you agree to Comic Vine's
    Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

noname2062

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By noname2062

Anyone looking for some quality back reading on Pixie, I'd recommend Uncanny X-Men 501-503 , and the X-Infernus miniseries.  I really never cared for her, until I read the aforementioned issues. Good to see she's getting her own mini series.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
    haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

The mini series I remember that something I thought memberal happened was in wolverine and kitty pryde.
    gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @haydenclaireheroes: That was one of the greatest mini-series. But it was also six issues. More room to work on the story. I'd have to say Secret Wars was my favorite but that was 12 issues. I guess it makes sense that there's so many X-Men mini series since there's so many characters. It just seems like nothing truly major happens. Someone needs to remind me otherwise. Kitty Pryde & Wolverine did have a big impact but that was from back in 1984 (when I first started reading/collecting comics!).
    iLLituracy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By iLLituracy

It's Kathryn Immonen's writing, mostly. I had the same problem with her run on Runaways. There are pieces of dialogue and some nice transitions, but the way she executes them, like the way she just tells the stories is just confusing a good amount of the time.

Son_of_Magnus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 15

#5  Edited By Son_of_Magnus

I enjoyed it and will continue reading it

daveydavey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By daveydavey

Havok/Wolverine Meldown was a good mini-series. Written by Louise Simonson.
    crazed_h3ro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By crazed_h3ro

I'm not a pixie fan,but I love her known the less LOL ^^

Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

not a bad book just from the standpoint of a read.
    as for your confusion, its not out of place. while Pixie
    has been around for awhile, alot about her remained an enigma,
    and it seems the purpose of this series is to reveal that stuff.
    that gives it another point to me, because i think the reason
    alot of people are turned off by her character is she's very unfamiliar,
    and getting these details on paper will make her a more three dimensional
    character, thus easier to relate to.

i wrote this elsewhere, and i have the sneaking suspicion, maybe someone else
    shares it, that her father is being revealed to be Azazel. just saying, magic background, 
    teleportation, Nightcrawler was focused on in the issue, some of Pixies physical features, 
    her experiences in Limbo. I think that would be way to cliche' personally, but that may just be me.  

agreed n mini's, though i sometimes like the fact that theyre self contained. seems theyre
    only really relevant when theyre tied into an event crossover. makes sense, if they put the important
    stuff in a second book for the mainstay, alot of people might get upset and feel they were forced into
    paying money for another book, because really they would be. my personal suggestion for Marvel
    resolving the issue of unfolding the many various X-characters would be to reinstate X-Men Unlimited.
    i thought it was done just enough, but not too much and tied right in with the other books, also a few
    books got their start from that series. also worked well with Spider-Man, and it seems theyre continuing
    that idea with Web Of Spider-Man right now.

BTW: it sounds like your toilets phalange is cracked, might want to look into that

grimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 9

#9  Edited By grimm

I love pixie, armor, blindfold, and all of these characters. It was obviously a dream sequece. Cess wasn't silver, pixie had no wings, and blindfold could see.

gmanfromheck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By gmanfromheck
    @CATMANEXE: The funny thing is, I almost don't have to add a sound FX for a toilet. Down in my lair, I often hear the water running from those up above. I have to stop the camera and wait. 
    Avatar image for defaultdefaultdefault
    defaultdefaultdefault

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@G-Man: 
    It's an excellent sound effect either way. I fully endorse regular healthy bowl movements,
    and I'm proud that yourself and CV do as well. In fact after hearing that I needed to have
    one myself, and I feel I'm now a stronger person for doing so. One day the world will poop
    together, and on that day, all will be well.
    pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12  Edited By pixelized
    @noname2062 said:
    " Anyone looking for some quality back reading on Pixie, I'd recommend Uncanny X-Men 501-503 , and the X-Infernus miniseries.  I really never cared for her, until I read the aforementioned issues. Good to see she's getting her own mini series. "
    Whoa, your credibility score has reached zero. Her being written poorly so she's stomped by the hellfire cult to her, "i'm Pixie an X-Man, i don't runaway from fights" speech, was nothing short of horrid.

Anyway, i found it weird that Kat is trying to give Blindfold friends... she a loner, let's treat her as such and throw rocks at her when she starts mumbling incoherently. The scene of Armor on the toilet, um Why? And maybe it was just me, but I thought Mercury was a tad smarter than, "Most likely to mistake reverse for First."  All of that seems to be part of the Illusion going on in that "high school" but still.. annoying none the less.

The Ish, was ok... Character history is being burned to the ground and replaced with something new, who doesn't love that?
    ceniza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ceniza

@G-Man:

How about Wolvsie v1 by Miller and Claremont?

by the way, do not dislike the new school of X-Men from new academy and stuff, and i enjoyed Runaways for a while, but i'm starting not to care for Pixe anymore. Let's see how this pans out.

spartanmusashi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By spartanmusashi

Out of all the girls featured Pixie is my least favorite, but it is always nice to see what happened to the new mutants/x-men.

Queen's Halo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#15  Edited By Queen's Halo
    kimi74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#16  Edited By kimi74

I read it yesterday and enjoyed it... It had enough to make me want to grab the next issue. The art was great and the writing was fine for me. I wouldn't call myself the biggest fan of any of the characters in the book but there was enough decent questions being raised as I read that I want to keep reading to see them answered.  

It maybe a bit early to see if this will be a significant storyline for the rest of the marvel universe but I found it a decent, fun read...
    MorlockMartyr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By MorlockMartyr

This doesn't really tickle my fancy. The art looks great, though. 
    Anyway, more spotlighting of female characters for female readers can only be a good thing.  
    Avatar image for illyana_rasputin
    Illyana Rasputin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#18  Edited By Illyana Rasputin

It's always nice to see X-23. Armor on the toilet? Not so much.
    FoxxFireArt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19  Edited By FoxxFireArt

The artwork does look pretty good. Solid pencil and color work. It does make things seems visually appealing. The toilet thing does seem a tad excessive.

Speaking to the lack if involvement in that school fight. When I was in high school. My school had a policy that anyone in a fight would be suspended. Even if you were trying to stop it. That always disgusted me. It breeds apathy.

Ryonslaught

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 305

User Lists: 18

#20  Edited By Ryonslaught
    @G-Man: don't worry G-man I'm not much of a fan either :P
    Pixie was great during New X-men, all the force-feeding of her recently is just meh

good first ish though and the art fits like a glove! :)
    ClockworkDrago

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21  Edited By ClockworkDrago

so the chick who wrote this is the one who is doing the current run of runaways, that would explain the high school setting, i read it and all of the girls just seem like sterotypes in a bad tv drama
    pixie-the perky one
    x-23-the brooding goth girl with the swithcblade
    mercury-the ditzy cheerleader
    armor-the over achieving not too sure of her self girl
    blindfold-the sarcastic one
    the whole hey these guys are teenagers lets put them in sterotypical high school situations just gets really old and when you do get an action break it feels more shoehornd in than anyhting

xerox_kitty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 22

#22  Edited By xerox_kitty

A comic with one of the main characters on the toilet?  Kinda punk ;D 

I was tempted by the art alone, but I'm tired of forking over my hard earned cash for lame mini series. So I'm gonna wait to pick it up cheap & second hand... but I'm actually looking forward to getting this :)

thatlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

#23  Edited By thatlad

I bought this and read it twice before making any sense of it, for a first issue trying to draw you in it was awful. Didn't hate the art, didn't particularly love it either. I thought nighcrawler was portrayed as a little worm and deserve to be written better, psylocke seemed to be just threw in to pull in the psylocke fans.  
    I'm a bit of a pixie fan(and bought this book on that alone) but I don't see the need to complicate Pixie's backstory, this to me looks like a retcon in waiting.  

As for the toilet scene, who in the hell would have thought anybody would want to see that? 

All in all very bizarre, just like Marvel's decision to reveal the hook for the series as part of the solicitations

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By pixelized
    @FoxxFireArt said:
    " The artwork does look pretty good. Solid pencil and color work. It does make things seems visually appealing. The toilet thing does seem a tad excessive.  Speaking to the lack if involvement in that school fight. When I was in high school. My school had a policy that anyone in a fight would be suspended. Even if you were trying to stop it. That always disgusted me. It breeds apathy. "
    You'll notice though that after the guy was hit, at the end of the page he's all green and scaly. Looks like not everything is as it seems...

Btw, Marvel is way overdue in giving Anole some spotlight. And he seems most likely to befriend Pixie more than anyone else.
    Avatar image for runawayangel1633
    Runawayangel1633

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Runawayangel1633

Ok, i am an ULTRA fan of Pixie.  I customize action figures and have an extensive collection of her.  BUT this comic totally got me.  I was so confused and really didn't like it.  I waited MONTHS for this to come out and it was just...a bomb.  not THE bomb, A bomb.  It confused me right off the bat.  Ok, so the boys in the girl's bathroom and the tampon part was funny, but the rest was kinda stupid.  Dude, i never want to see another comic book character on the toilet AGAIN.  no matter WHO it is!  and Cessily?  They made her out to be a moron!  Cess is a respectable girl and is NOTHING like that.  I mean, i understand new spins on characters, but come on.  leave her with a brain, please?  And why the heck did they make Pixie's mother out to look like some sort of witch?  dont you think that her mom's personality would've rubbed off on her and she in turn would have been a lil brat?  and why were Nightcrawler and Psylocke thrown in there?  None of the characters are actually ACTING like their characters should.  It just doesn't make any sense to me and the first part of the story is supposed to GRAB your attention, not totally throw you off.  gah.  i was sooooooooooooo mad.  Pix is still my fave and will be, but this first issue was a total bummer.  I'm still gonna buy the rest of them, but i'm praying really hard that they get better and not ruin my character.  :-/

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By pixelized
    @Runawayangel1633: Regarding Pixie's Mom, Iceman's dad is a bigot and Iceman himself is nothing like that, so it's not too much of a stretch for Meg not to be like Mrs. Gwynn.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.