What's going to happen to her soul dagger? *NM 21 spoilers*

#1 Posted by sonic5328 (92 posts) - - Show Bio

So at the end of New Mutants 21 Pixie gets all her blood stones back and her dagger and Magik says she can do what she wants with them. Does that mean she can get rid of her dagger and get that piece of her soul back? That whole concept confused me.

#2 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't think getting her blood stones back means the dagger disappears. Getting the pieces back doesn't mean the darkness disappears, it's still an experience that happened to her and I don't think she'll ever go completely back to innocence. In the same issue she asks Illyana if this means that Illyana has her soul back and she gets to be a real girl again and she replied that she's at least going to pretend that it does. I don't think there's ever any going back from what they've experienced.
#3 Posted by karrob (4278 posts) - - Show Bio
@sonic5328 said:
" So at the end of New Mutants 21 Pixie gets all her blood stones back and her dagger and Magik says she can do what she wants with them. Does that mean she can get rid of her dagger and get that piece of her soul back? That whole concept confused me. "
Same here. 
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15761 posts) - - Show Bio
@PrinceIMC said:
" I don't think getting her blood stones back means the dagger disappears. Getting the pieces back doesn't mean the darkness disappears, it's still an experience that happened to her and I don't think she'll ever go completely back to innocence. In the same issue she asks Illyana if this means that Illyana has her soul back and she gets to be a real girl again and she replied that she's at least going to pretend that it does. I don't think there's ever any going back from what they've experienced. "
Ilyanna only has 3 fifths of her soul back.  Whereas Pixie has 100% of hers with the return of the two stones & dagger.  The dagger was created by extracting a piece of her soul in order to fill that gap with black magic.  So Pixie would need to absorb the souldagger to restore her soul completely.   

However, writers do whatever they please.  I'm sure someone will come up with some lame reason how Pixie can keep her soul whole and have the soul dagger.
#5 Posted by danhimself (22286 posts) - - Show Bio

I may be mistaken and I most likely am cause I never really understood the whole thing with Magik's return but isn't the Magik in New Mutants not really the Magik who died???

#6 Posted by PrinceIMC (5421 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @PrinceIMC said:
" I don't think getting her blood stones back means the dagger disappears. Getting the pieces back doesn't mean the darkness disappears, it's still an experience that happened to her and I don't think she'll ever go completely back to innocence. In the same issue she asks Illyana if this means that Illyana has her soul back and she gets to be a real girl again and she replied that she's at least going to pretend that it does. I don't think there's ever any going back from what they've experienced. "
Ilyanna only has 3 fifths of her soul back.  Whereas Pixie has 100% of hers with the return of the two stones & dagger.  The dagger was created by extracting a piece of her soul in order to fill that gap with black magic.  So Pixie would need to absorb the souldagger to restore her soul completely.    However, writers do whatever they please.  I'm sure someone will come up with some lame reason how Pixie can keep her soul whole and have the soul dagger. "

I thought Illyana still have the 2 fifths of her soul. The three other fifths were taken taken to make the bloodstones and then two more were from Pixie.
#7 Posted by sonic5328 (92 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: 
OK so in actuality she could get all her soul back but sacrifice the dagger. I hope she doesn't get rid of the dagger because I think she would lose a lot of her combat abilities without it.
#8 Edited by 244 (496 posts) - - Show Bio
@danhimself said:

" I may be mistaken and I most likely am cause I never really understood the whole thing with Magik's return but isn't the Magik in New Mutants not really the Magik who died??? "

Magik really did returned but she came back as a demon because her soul was missing. She got back a fragment of her soul through the soulsword as shown from X-infernus #2. Her soul had been fully restored after retrieving three of her bloodstones from Rise of the New Mutants #2 but the sad thing about it, despite her soul being restored, she still feels like a monster but she hopes that it'll mean she'll be happy.
#9 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't see why she doesn't want the Soul Dagger without it she's just really useless other than teleporting or using her pixie dust

#10 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty:   Thanks for the clarification, I was wondering this.  I bet the writers will let her keep her dagger and teleportation since thats all she really does anymore.
#11 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" I don't see why she doesn't want the Soul Dagger without it she's just really useless other than teleporting or using her pixie dust "
Well it's either Keep her Dagger and lose her Soul or Lose the Dagger and Get her soul back Which is what she always wanted to have her soul back. Even without her Soul Dagger and Teleportion she can still fight Hand-2-Hand and Fly and cause people to Hallucinate which actually is pretty handy if all three are combined .
#12 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
@The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" @Charmix said:
" I don't see why she doesn't want the Soul Dagger without it she's just really useless other than teleporting or using her pixie dust "
Well it's either Keep her Dagger and lose her Soul or Lose the Dagger and Get her soul back Which is what she always wanted to have her soul back. Even without her Soul Dagger and Teleportion she can still fight Hand-2-Hand and Fly and cause people to Hallucinate which actually is pretty handy if all three are combined . "
she;s still useless, pixie dust barely work on the N'gari demons, and her hand to hand I gotta see, but her teleportation was what helped her the most, and her soul dagger
#13 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
" @Charmix said:
Well it's either Keep her Dagger and lose her Soul or Lose the Dagger and Get her soul back Which is what she always wanted to have her soul back. Even without her Soul Dagger and Teleportion she can still fight Hand-2-Hand and Fly and cause people to Hallucinate which actually is pretty handy if all three are combined . "
she;s still useless, pixie dust barely work on the N'gari demons, and her hand to hand I gotta see, but her teleportation was what helped her the most, and her soul dagger "
Fair enough it does help her the Most But which would you rather have your Soul or a Dagger? and her Hand-2-Hand admittedly os Basic.
#14 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
she;s still useless, pixie dust barely work on the N'gari demons, and her hand to hand I gotta see, but her teleportation was what helped her the most, and her soul dagger "
Fair enough it does help her the Most But which would you rather have your Soul or a Dagger? and her Hand-2-Hand admittedly os Basic. "
pshhh rather have the dagger, I'll get the soul once I beat Magik then claim Limbo
#15 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
Fair enough it does help her the Most But which would you rather have your Soul or a Dagger? and her Hand-2-Hand admittedly os Basic. "
pshhh rather have the dagger, I'll get the soul once I beat Magik then claim Limbo "
HA like Thats ever gonna Happen Magik's to powerful for Pixie
#16 Edited by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
pshhh rather have the dagger, I'll get the soul once I beat Magik then claim Limbo "
HA like Thats ever gonna Happen Magik's to powerful for Pixie "
Lol, but Magik has already died before ;) due to a virus wouldn't be surprise if she contracted cancer later in her life
#17 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
Lol, but Magik has already died before ;) due to a virus wouldn't be surprise if she contracted cancer later in her life "
Yeah due to the Legacy Virus but this illyana's different she came back a demon without a Soul so she most likely won't.
#18 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
Lol, but Magik has already died before ;) due to a virus wouldn't be surprise if she contracted cancer later in her life "
Yeah due to the Legacy Virus but this illyana's different she came back a demon without a Soul so she most likely won't. "
basically she has some part of her soul back ;P
#19 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
Yeah due to the Legacy Virus but this illyana's different she came back a demon without a Soul so she most likely won't. "
basically she has some part of her soul back ;P "
Yeah like 3/5 of it Back :P
#20 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:

" @Charmix said:
" @Charmix said:
basically she has some part of her soul back ;P "
Yeah like 3/5 of it Back :P "
still human in ways, regardless
#21 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix: I suppose she's like Half Human then. >D
#22 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio
" @Charmix: I suppose she's like Half Human then. >D "
indeed XDlol
#23 Posted by unicornpuncher (418 posts) - - Show Bio

so back to the question:  will the writers let her keep her dagger and teleportation powers?

#24 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8130 posts) - - Show Bio
@unicornpuncher said:
" so back to the question:  will the writers let her keep her dagger and teleportation powers? "
They Most Likely Will let her keep those Powers
#25 Posted by papad1992 (6822 posts) - - Show Bio

.... well remember her when she didn't have her soul dagger.... she was flying around being annoying and throwing her "pixie dust" all over the place!! Yeah, not that useful!!
#26 Posted by Lokheit (492 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is a cool opportunity to develop her real mutant powers. She should keep her soul and no longer have access to the soul dagger and spells, and practice with her allucinations powers. I read somewhere that she had the potential to become omega in the use of allucination powers but don't remember where.

#27 Posted by Squares (4898 posts) - - Show Bio

Was her dagger even effected by the creation of the bloodstones?

#28 Posted by arcano_19 (118 posts) - - Show Bio
@Charmix: ok i just wanted to be in this very long discuttion

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.