Follow

Pixie

Character » Pixie appears in 1750 issues.

Pixie is a fairy-winged mutant who can cause those exposed to her dust to experience hallucinations. Her powers also includes teleportation. A former X-Men student, she is now part of the Legion of X.

Should Pixies place of birth be changed

Avatar image for hillbillymorangie
    HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

We need more UK heros, I am hoping for a spider Woman Film, but as I'm Cornish I think a Pixie film where she is Cornish (Rather then Welsh which makes no sense) would be amazing.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
    Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Her names Pixie, they are from Cornwall and at a stretch Devon, it's a bit insulting to make her Welsh, no offence to my Celtic friends over the other side of the sea. Other then that I have no issue, it just makes more sense for her to be Cornish and call her Piskie. That would be great.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: Pixies are from all over the British isles not just Cornwall not to mention it's not like she's a real one.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

tidy!

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By HillbillyMorangie

No they are not, I find that a bit offensive to be honest, like people that say Merlin isn't Cornish or indeed from Tintagel. Her name is a Cornish word, so it doesn't matter if she's the real one.

Sorry if you don't share my view, but it's a common held one. Wales is amazing and has saved so much of the history I refer to, but it has it's own traditions and mythology. Call her Tylwyth Teg maybe if you want her to be Welsh.

Edit: forget it, it doesn't matter, she looks like a fairy anyway, all the pixies in my house a wrinkly children short of statue with pointy ears rosey cheeks and green pointy hats. I am really not that offended, I just find it irritating.

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: why are you starting an argument and talking such offensive rubbish? Are you Cornish? Have you read 'Popular Romances of the West of England: The drolls, traditions, and superstitions of old Cornwall' or any other books on the matter? We're you brought up with stories about pixies in the walls, making a mess, playing tricks on people?

Celts didn't keep written records so the date it is found in print is never going to reflect the age of the word, but there is no doubt it is of Cornish origin.

Again I can not see why you would take such offence, if you just taking the micky then I hope you have all the bad luck that folk lore says comes with it.

Good gosh, it's not like I said they should cast her with a wrinkly short old man without wings, just that they change her origin to Cornish to reflect the traditions of the word and give us a superhero...

But if your just interested in trolling people then ill leave you to it.... Sigh

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hillbillymorangie: nope I'm Scottish and there very much is doubt to where the word pixie originates and I don't take offence at all.

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Yes, change the place of birth of possibly the only well-known Welsh superhero...

HillbillyMorangie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous: that is not the point, if your referring to the word coming from the word Pict, which it probably does alongside Bronies and Knockers, but if you try to dissect every countries myths you pretty much destroy their cultures and traditions. So I'd rather you left me to my beliefs and superstitions and not belittle them. There is no doubt that the word Pixie is Cornish and follows my countries history of swapping letters and as they are described as fair skinned, red haired, short wrinkly old men, they probably are Picts, but other countries have other words for such fair folk, so why turn this into an accademic debate? There are plenty of books on the subject and I have a good Interest in folklore as I grew up with it.

DjBest02

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

She should stay the same... I wouldn't like it if they changed Cecilia Reyes from being Puerto-Rican. (That's where I come from lol)

On a different note, doesn't Pixie sound like a valley-girl sometimes?

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.