Pixie's Soul

#1 Edited by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio

Pixie's soul has been tarnished twice by black magic. 

New X-Men # 38

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
First, Magik uses a portion of it to create a Soulsword to kill Belasco.
 
X-Infernus # 1
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Then, the sorceress Witchfire uses a second portion of it to form a Bloodstone. I want to know what you think is going to happen? Has Pixie been irrevocably damaged by the forces of dark mysticism, or will she reclaim the lost portions of her soul?
#2 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio

The end of X-Infernus was kinda confusing.  I thought she reclaimed the portion that Witchfire stole. Otherwise she'd still resemble Meggan's original furry elfling form???

#3 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18766 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty: Wasn't the furry form for when she gets her whole soul taken away? >.>
#4 Posted by xerox_kitty (15762 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx: I think it was the more her soul was being taken away.  So she still had some soul, just lost another portion of it... I think.   
 
*waits for Pixelized to come & save us*
#5 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio
@xerox-kitty said:
" @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: I think it was the more her soul was being taken away.  So she still had some soul, just lost another portion of it... I think.    *waits for Pixelized to come & save us* "
Yep, you are right. Actually, when Witchfire joined the Elder Gods when they were forced back to their plane of existence. Pixie lost another piece of her soul, and Illyana Rasputin feels bad about it...I think. I have a hard time looking at Illyana V2.0 as the real Magik.
#6 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @xerox-kitty: Wasn't the furry form for when she gets her whole soul taken away? >.> "
Yes.
#7 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio

How does one measure a soul? I know portions of it can be taken, much like a man limbs can be remove and he can learn to live without them but can you remove a soul and create and artificial replacement? Could people that multiply themselves like Maddox, use each dupe soul or do they not count

#8 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio
@Leliel said:
" How does one measure a soul? I know portions of it can be taken, much like a man limbs can be remove and he can learn to live without them but can you remove a soul and create and artificial replacement? Could people that multiply themselves like Maddox, use each dupe soul or do they not count "
Interesting theory. I don't believe the subject has been broached as to whether or not the missing or corrupted parts of a soul can be restored. At the end of New Mutants # 73, Illyana was "restored", and reverted to childhood. Following her death,  In Wolverine # 75 and Uncanny X-Men # 365, Illyana Rasputin's soul appeared to Logan and Piotr, and it was clearly "whole" (Or perhaps it wasn't). So, judging from that, one can apparently regain or compensate for the missing or corrupted piece(s) of the soul. Doctor Strange told Pixie she had "plenty of soul left" following the creation of her Souldagger. The current Magik wields pieces of the true Illyana's soul with the Soulsword and the stolen Bloodstones, but my guess is that the majority of Illyana's soul still resides in Heaven. Belasco was drawn to the Magik of the House of M reality, and I am assuming she had an individual soul of her own. In the Marvel Universe, they have as many souls and incarnations necessary to keep me spending money. XD But what I really want to know is did Megan bleach the black out of her hair, and dye it pink, again?
#9 Posted by Ryonslaught (1214 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin said:
what I really want to know is did Megan bleach the black out of her hair, and dye it pink, again? "
Thats a damn good question!!
I've been wondering the same thing  since Fraction decided to do all kinds of things with her
what happened to her Black hair?
 
 
If they have any sense they'll claim it was dyed back pink......    x0
#10 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ryonslaught said:
" @Illyana Rasputin said:
what I really want to know is did Megan bleach the black out of her hair, and dye it pink, again? "
Thats a damn good question!! I've been wondering the same thing  since Fraction decided to do all kinds of things with her what happened to her Black hair?   If they have any sense they'll claim it was dyed back pink......    x0 "
I know! Right?
#11 Posted by Leliel (1452 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin: many author have the habit of not reading the last issues so we have a lot of conflicting things. I once got the chance to ask a guy about it, himself an author and he said he was not interested in how the character was he was interested in what the character would be come that mean, his work was important to him to shape the character. If all author think the same way (hopefully they don't) then that is the answer to so many conflicting storylines
#12 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18766 posts) - - Show Bio

Before she found out she was a mutant her hair could have been Black, and started turning Pink over time.

#13 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" Before she found out she was a mutant her hair could have been Black, and started turning Pink over time. "
You know, that could totally the case, but I think her hair has always been pink (?) Look at her mom. If I am not mistaken, her hair turning black was the result of the corruption of her soul. 

#14 Posted by CellphoneGirl (18766 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin: But wouldn't her hair be more Black now then, since she lost more of it?
#15 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
" @Illyana Rasputin: But wouldn't her hair be more Black now then, since she lost more of it? "
Yes, absolutely. That's why we are wondering if she has to strip out the black in her hair, and dye it pink, again. 
#16 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18766 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe they were extensions :P

#17 Posted by Illyana Rasputin (2682 posts) - - Show Bio
@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

" Maybe they were extentions :P "

"Evil Extensions" By Paris Hilton Dreamcatchers® ! XD
#18 Edited by CellphoneGirl (18766 posts) - - Show Bio
@Illyana Rasputin: I think it's mainly how an artist draws her now, like i've notice lately that some draw her with only pink, while others add a little black in there.
#19 Posted by EnSabahNurX (2294 posts) - - Show Bio

@xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:

@Illyana Rasputin: I think it's mainly how an artist draws her now, like i've notice lately that some draw her with only pink, while others add a little black in there.

I prefer a little black in her hair XD

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.