Pixie - Member Of The Security Recon Team

#1 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, as you all know The House Of Idea's having their WC12 thingy and at that event quite ALOT of things are being revealed, to name a few the revival of X-Treme X-Men which is basically just an Exiles book, Ms Marvel turning into the new Captain Marvel but the most important concerning everybodies favoured Welsh mutant: Victor Gischler leaving X-Men and Brian Wood taking over ! 
 
Here's what he had to say concerning that matter and concerning Pixie.
 

Let's move on to you work in the Marvel Universe with "X-Men." What do you feel is the mandate of this book? What types of stories are you interested in telling?

I'm departing a bit from what Victor Gischler's been doing. Frankly, I couldn't do what Victor does and it's not what an editor would hire me for anyway. I come from a background different from most comic book writers and I don't have the same breadth of knowledge regarding characters and continuity. I come in pretty fresh and research as needed, and that's going to make for a different sort of X-Men title.

The goal I've given myself here is to take the "security team" label I've seen associated with this book and really explore that, really run it out to its fullest potential. They won't just be interacting with known villains, but be taking the mutant/human conflict out to its bleeding edge, all over the world, taking on missions that will be very grounded. I've always responded best to the X-Men stories that had humanity itself as the threat.

You've got an interesting cast for these stories: Storm, Psylocke, Colossus, Domino and Pixie. What made you want to include these characters in this series? And how would you describe the initial dynamic between them?

This is the pre-existing cast save for a couple tweaks: Warpath is out, Pixie is in, and Jubilee was taken off by editorial. So on balance not that much has changed, but my concern was to make sure I had a team of characters with complimentary powers that covered a lot of bases with no overlap. Like any sort of "security team" would have, a guy that does this, another who is an expert in something else, and so on. I don't see myself changing the characters in any way that would disrupt the existing dynamic, but I am interested in writing Pixie -- I think she's fascinating. Her history is vast, complex, and the powers she has have a load of potential.

So, the New X-Man turned full-time X-Man is now a member of a solid, and pretty good team. I wont even lie, i HATE Pixie with a passion mainly because she's the ONLY New X-Man that any of the Marvel writers have found good use of and now she's part of another team -_-, still, this is good news and for some reason I'm happy for her. 
 
She'll be staring as of #28
#2 Posted by pixelized (62882 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it, like it. I don't like Psylocke's involvement.

Moderator
#3 Posted by The Umbra Sorcerer (8161 posts) - - Show Bio

Good! Pixie's my favourite but I have to say I hate her with the Lights.

#4 Posted by Daycrawler (554 posts) - - Show Bio

I wonder why Warpath leaves the team and where he'll appear next. Really hope that he doesn't drop off the radar! They should have kept him in the security team and dropped Colossus since he's already in the Extinction Team.

#5 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

- This group does not make a lot of sense as the X-Men Point Team for human-mutant issues, it looks more like they wanted a team for Storm to lead and those were the most popular characters the writer was allowed to use. I look at this group and do not see them as very interesting in either a strategic or interaction potential.

- Considering human opponents will be relying on technology, not having a techie on the team is a curious absence unless the X-Club is involved in some way.

- I'll have to see the first few issues to see how it gels, but with all X-Men related things lately I'm skeptical until proven otherwise

#6 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV said:

- This group does not make a lot of sense as the X-Men Point Team for human-mutant issues, it looks more like they wanted a team for Storm to lead and those were the most popular characters the writer was allowed to use. I look at this group and do not see them as very interesting in either a strategic or interaction potential.

- Considering human opponents will be relying on technology, not having a techie on the team is a curious absence unless the X-Club is involved in some way.

- I'll have to see the first few issues to see how it gels, but with all X-Men related things lately I'm skeptical until proven otherwise

Gischler's been using Madison Jefferies in recent issues.
#7 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

So what horrible fate is going to befall Jubilee during Avengers vs. X-Men that causes editorial to take her off the team? I mean every "changes the Marvel universe as you know it" arc she appears in, she has something terrible happen to her. I'm guessing Brian Michael Bendis Shocking Yet Pointless Death™.

#8 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking: Either she could gonna be killed like you said in AvX, go to JGS given her learning to better deal with vampirism and needing Logan's blood to fight off the vampirism, or perhaps she could end up in a Vampire book given all the work put into her being a vampire. All that or be a in that off screen limbo that Dazzler's street team faces.

#9 Posted by Nudeviking (479 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheGreyOutcastX said:

@Nudeviking: Either she could gonna be killed like you said in AvX, go to JGS given her learning to better deal with vampirism and needing Logan's blood to fight off the vampirism, or perhaps she could end up in a Vampire book given all the work put into her being a vampire. All that or be a in that off screen limbo that Dazzler's street team faces.

Personally I hope she does end up at JGS. Wolverine & the X-Men is probably my favorite X-Men book (Uncanny X-Force doesn't have X-Men in the title so it doesn't count) and would like to see her there. I could also kind of see her popping up in Majorie Liu's Astonishing X-Men or in Avengers Academy (were teen heroes go when they have nowhere else to go). Either of those would be ok because I could just drop Adjectiveless X-Men and pick up one of those instead. A vampire book would be testing the limits of my Jubilation Lee fandom. I don't care all that much for the Forsaken or whatever the crap Raizo and his dudes are called and they seem to be building them up.

#10 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@Nudeviking: Well, they obviously have some sort of plan for Jubilation given that Editorial pulled her from the book the same time a new writer is taking over. I see her more likely either, she is getting special vampire treatment or winds up at JGS at some point given I figure that AvX is gonna do some serious X-Roster changes.

#11 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

1) With Schism dividing the X-Men into two, will this split be overlooked by members of both sides once they have to unite to take on the Avengers? Or will Wolverine's team stay on the sidelines? 2) Can we expect the X-Men who aren't part of the Extinction Team to fight in AvX? I would love to see Jubilee go up against Venom or Black Widow! Or see Idie take on someone from the Avengers Academy! EXCLUSIVE: Greg Land's X-Men face off against threats on land and under water in "Uncanny X-Men" #6 Well, if it isn't my former roommate Taurean! You still owe me $10 for that pizza! But that won't stop me from answering your questions… 1) Wolverine is certainly going to do what he can to keep his students as far away from AvX fighting. That's the whole point of the Schism. As for the rest of the teachers at the Jean Grey School, that's going to be interesting to see. 2) You'll definitely see non-Extinction Team X-Men fight Avengers. But Jubilee won't be one of them. Check out "X-Men" #24-27! That's what they had to say about Jubilee being taken off. So, because of the events transpiring in Open Contract, Jubilee wont be featured, but this is stupid as it's only the second arc in her new team and she's getting taken off ? -_-

#12 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

@AgeofHurricane said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- This group does not make a lot of sense as the X-Men Point Team for human-mutant issues, it looks more like they wanted a team for Storm to lead and those were the most popular characters the writer was allowed to use. I look at this group and do not see them as very interesting in either a strategic or interaction potential.

- Considering human opponents will be relying on technology, not having a techie on the team is a curious absence unless the X-Club is involved in some way.

- I'll have to see the first few issues to see how it gels, but with all X-Men related things lately I'm skeptical until proven otherwise

Gischler's been using Madison Jefferies in recent issues.

- True, but having someone on call and having someone on the team is different

- What good is Jefferies when your halfway across the continent when you find out you need him

- If Jefferies was on the team using a new Box it would be a sensible upgrade for the team

#13 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio
@WarMachineMarkV said:

@AgeofHurricane said:

@WarMachineMarkV said:

- This group does not make a lot of sense as the X-Men Point Team for human-mutant issues, it looks more like they wanted a team for Storm to lead and those were the most popular characters the writer was allowed to use. I look at this group and do not see them as very interesting in either a strategic or interaction potential.

- Considering human opponents will be relying on technology, not having a techie on the team is a curious absence unless the X-Club is involved in some way.

- I'll have to see the first few issues to see how it gels, but with all X-Men related things lately I'm skeptical until proven otherwise

Gischler's been using Madison Jefferies in recent issues.

- True, but having someone on call and having someone on the team is different

- What good is Jefferies when your halfway across the continent when you find out you need him

- If Jefferies was on the team using a new Box it would be a sensible upgrade for the team

Well, to answer your second point, X-Men #25 has the answer.
#14 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

So odds of Warpath dying are?

#15 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@Solarflare32 said:

So odds of Warpath dying are?

UGH. I'm actually starting loathe Gischler leaving the title, Warpath actually belongs on this team.

#16 Posted by Solarflare32 (393 posts) - - Show Bio

Bring back sage

#17 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio
@Solarflare32 said:
Bring back sage
That'd be nice too. 

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.