Follow

Pixie

Character » Pixie appears in 1751 issues.

Pixie is a fairy-winged mutant who can cause those exposed to her dust to experience hallucinations. Her powers also includes teleportation. A former X-Men student, she is now part of the Legion of X.

Not a mutant.

• 54 results
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Thunderscream

She's a fairy. She has fairy wings, her powers are magical like her mother's......I think if they really wanted her to be a mutant, they should've made her mother a human woman. I don't care that her dad is Mastermind and that her hallucinatory dust is an allusion to his illusion casting. It's fairy dust and nothing will convince me that she's a mutant.

Avatar image for the_umbra_sorcerer
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

@Thunderscream:
    She is a Mutant but her Mother Is a Fairy Her father Is Matermind that is where she gets her illusion powers "Pixie Dust" from
    Her Mother is what gives her latent Magical abiltiy But Illyana took a piece of her soul which allowed her to use Dark magic as well Her Wings im not sure about Them Her Mother hasn't Got wings so they may very well be another Mutant power of hers 

So she is Half Mutant Half Fairy Cerebra/Cerebro identified her as a Mutant so she is one 

Btw Just because she has Fairy wings doesn't Make her a Fairy 

Angel has Angelic wings does than mean he comes from heaven.........No 
    NightCrawler Looks like a deamon Does it make him one............No
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Thunderscream
    @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
    " @Thunderscream: She is a Mutant but her Mother Is a Fairy Her father Is Matermind that is where she gets her illusion powers "Pixie Dust" from Her Mother is what gives her latent Magical abiltiy But Illyana took a piece of her soul which allowed her to use Dark magic as well Her Wings im not sure about Them Her Mother hasn't Got wings so they may very well be another Mutant power of hers  So she is Half Mutant Half Fairy Cerebra/Cerebro identified her as a Mutant so she is one  Btw Just because she has Fairy wings doesn't Make her a Fairy  Angel has Angelic wings does than mean he comes from heaven.........No NightCrawler Looks like a deamon Does it make him one............No "
    Technically.....Nightcrawler's father is the biblical "Satan" (although I despise that storyline) 

I'm saying that from my perspective, her powers and her origin weigh so much more heavily on the Faerie side.....that discounting the idea that her wings and dust come from her Faerie heritage rather than her "mutancy" just seems silly to me. Yes, her father is a mutant, but that alone doesn't make her a mutant. To me, she is simply a faerie caught up in the mutant agenda, and that doesn't make her any less interesting as a character. 

Not hating, just speculating.
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thunderscream said:
    " @The Umbra Sorcerer said:
    " @Thunderscream: She is a Mutant but her Mother Is a Fairy Her father Is Matermind that is where she gets her illusion powers "Pixie Dust" from Her Mother is what gives her latent Magical abiltiy But Illyana took a piece of her soul which allowed her to use Dark magic as well Her Wings im not sure about Them Her Mother hasn't Got wings so they may very well be another Mutant power of hers  So she is Half Mutant Half Fairy Cerebra/Cerebro identified her as a Mutant so she is one  Btw Just because she has Fairy wings doesn't Make her a Fairy  Angel has Angelic wings does than mean he comes from heaven.........No NightCrawler Looks like a deamon Does it make him one............No "
    Technically.....Nightcrawler's father is the biblical "Satan" (although I despise that storyline)  I'm saying that from my perspective, her powers and her origin weigh so much more heavily on the Faerie side.....that discounting the idea that her wings and dust come from her Faerie heritage rather than her "mutancy" just seems silly to me. Yes, her father is a mutant, but that alone doesn't make her a mutant. To me, she is simply a faerie caught up in the mutant agenda, and that doesn't make her any less interesting as a character.  Not hating, just speculating. "

i understand you don't hate her its just something your curious about 

From your Perspective i understand that you believe her to be a Fairy from mine i think its both Mutant and Magic involved Marvel has Confermed Her as a Mutant Her so Called "Pixie Dust" i belive is her Fathers powers it just she doesn't have control over them yet maybe she will i don't know he other Powers like i said her mother didnt have wings maybe(Just sprculating) those are a Mutant power of hers the Rest is Magic 

but thats your Opinion so im not going to argue with you But in your first post to me you seemed a bit hostle and Thick saying things like "it fairy dust and nothing will conivnce me different" you know 

BTW i hate that mightcrawler Story too not there best work
    bleedingheart

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#5  Edited By bleedingheart

I can't see the purpose of this thread if nothing is going to convince you otherwise.

riri4life

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By riri4life
    @Thunderscream:
    Watchu got against non-mutants!? This is the same as reverse racism! Not cool dude! >:( 

...LOL JK ;P
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 13

#7  Edited By jordama

Something to consider 
    Does she have the X-Gene, then she is a mutant.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Thunderscream
    @jordama said:
    " Something to consider Does she have the X-Gene, then she is a mutant. "
    I know she's been cataloged as a mutant by Cerebro, Sentinels and the whole lot, i'm just looking at her life story as it's been presented to me. In my opinion, her status as a fairy and the powers she possesses as a mutant are too conveniently/coincidentally aligned.......in short, what's to distinguish her mutant from her fairy powers?
    jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By jordama
    @Thunderscream said:
    " @jordama said:
    " Something to consider Does she have the X-Gene, then she is a mutant. "
    I know she's been cataloged as a mutant by Cerebro, Sentinels and the whole lot, i'm just looking at her life story as it's been presented to me. In my opinion, her status as a fairy and the powers she possesses as a mutant are too conveniently/coincidentally aligned.......in short, what's to distinguish her mutant from her fairy powers? "

See, I would understand this more if this was about Namor, who deep in my heart i still refuse to beliieve is a mutant, or even Franklin. But Pixie, She was originally a background mutant that was great because she was visually distinct. If not for the Quest for magik arc, she would be dead by now and no one would really care. That Pixie was, well eh. She got high huff her dust and it turns out her mother is a fairie and her father is mastermind. Kinda lame in my book. I think if we consider Namor, a half human and half atlantien a mutant, than the half fairie and half mutant is still a mutant. I think mutant can be used more broadly than you want.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Thunderscream:
    Wait....NIGHTCRALWER'S FATHER IS MEPHISTO?! WHAT THE F----- 

Tell me EVERYTHING you know about this and how the hell mephisto got laid.....
    Pacperson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Pacperson
    @Theworldbreaker said:

" @Thunderscream: Wait....NIGHTCRALWER'S FATHER IS MEPHISTO?! WHAT THE F-----  Tell me EVERYTHING you know about this and how the hell mephisto got laid..... "

:O! So thats why he wanted spiderman and MJ's love! *GASP*!

....Anywho =p If Cerebro and Sentinels say shes a Mutant....I'm thinking shes a mutant.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Thunderscream
    @Theworldbreaker said:

" @Thunderscream: Wait....NIGHTCRALWER'S FATHER IS MEPHISTO?! WHAT THE F-----  Tell me EVERYTHING you know about this and how the hell mephisto got laid..... "

Azazel is his pops and claims to be the "Satan" of biblical times. Mephisto isn't actually Satan, he's a Deviant (supposedly) and rules another dimension where he's all powerful. There's also Belasco, who reigns over Limbo, another hellish dimension....and in the Universe X series, he was a further mutated Nightcrawler. I bet that created more confusion rather than clearing anything up. :/ 

@Pacperson: They've been wrong before ;P 

@jordama: But then that's part of my problem, the scope is too vast. You mentioned Franklin, who's mutancy I also contest, and Namor's another example.....Pixie just seems to be the reverse. She started out a mutant with butterfly wings, which slowly morphed into fairy wings and now some numb-nut writer decided since she's already dabbled in magic to make her a full-fledged fairy when the fact that she was a mutant was explanation enough for her powers and appearance. Like I said, this is just my opinion on the situation and Pixie fans won't agree.
    Avatar image for theworldbreaker
    Theworldbreaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Theworldbreaker
    @Thunderscream:  yeah it did.
    Jubilantlad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jubilantlad

She is a mutant guys. It's been said before...
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 11

#15  Edited By Magian
    @Theworldbreaker: Nightcrawler's dad is Azazel.

And don't forget Scarlet Witch a mutant who also used magic.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Thunderscream
    @ComicMan24: I know Wanda uses magic, but she wasn't born a hybrid magical creature. She was influenced at birth by an ancient spirit of evil to become a vessel to house his power. It was stated somewhere that if this hadn't occurred, she probably would've inherited her father's magnetic powers. It was this unnatural tampering that predisposed Wanda to the mystic arts in addition to her mutant abilities, in effect enhancing her probability altering powers.
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Magian
    @Thunderscream: I am aware of what you are saying that she would have probably inherited her father's abilities. When was it stated?
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Thunderscream
    @ComicMan24: I don't remember exactly. There are a few issues that flashback to Wanda and Pietro's birth on Wundagor Mt.. From what I remember, Bova tried to get Whizzer and Miss America to adopt the twins as they'd just lost their child......or maybe Miss America died in child birth. Either way, Whizzer was in distress and refused leading Bova to seek out the Roma couple that had also just lost their children. I gotta get back to you on that one, but the mental photo copies I have in my head contain old school art with color dots....so it may be from late 70's, early 80's or maybe even a reprint I mighta skimmed across?
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Magian
    @Thunderscream: Don't go into any trouble now. it is not important.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Thunderscream
    @ComicMan24: Oh it's not trouble, if I could get paid to research characters I would ;)  (course, i should prolly concentrate on the job that i AM getting paid for instead) 

@The Umbra Sorcerer: ok, MAYBE i can accept her as a mutant. i just think the writers could've been a wee bit more creative....maybe giving her abilities that were contrary to her maternal lineage. this thread was a tad instigatory to begin with because i'm hard-headed, but i do like to challenge Marvel's definition of a naturally occurring mutation.
    kai95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By kai95

Even if she is a fairy she's still has mutant powers that her ancestry dont such as her wings and pixie dust.  Another example is Ariel (the alien teleporter who recently died) but her mutant powers were her voice manipualtion (because she was gentically enhanced).
    brc2000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#22  Edited By brc2000

Really, the whole concept of mutants being regarded differently from other supranormal characters in the Marvel Universe, is the main reason I'm not a huge fan of X-stories. Too me the only difference between Luke Cage and Cyclops is that the latter was born with his powers. All that matters is that she has abilities that ordinary human beings don't have.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#23  Edited By Hazlenaut

You would think they would ask Dr Strange for assistance for mutant with magic powers. How many students does Dr strange have any way? This would be good chance for him to have more funding for his school.

Mutant with magic that I know so far include:

Scarlet Witch (obviously)

Spidergirl (is she consider a mutant yet)

Madame Webb

Wiccan    

jordama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By jordama
    @brc2000 said:
    "Really, the whole concept of mutants being regarded differently from other supranormal characters in the Marvel Universe, is the main reason I'm not a huge fan of X-stories. Too me the only difference between Luke Cage and Cyclops is that the latter was born with his powers. All that matters is that she has abilities that ordinary human beings don't have. "

I don't think the difference is really the X-Men's fault. It seems to be on the side of the rest of the SuperHero population.
    theundead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#25  Edited By theundead
    @Theworldbreaker: nightcrawlers dad is Azazel dude
    Magian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Magian
    @Hazlenaut said:
    "

You would think they would ask Dr Strange for assistance for mutant with magic powers. How many students does Dr strange have any way? This would be good chance for him to have more funding for his school.

Madame Webb

Wiccan    

"
    Spider-girl is not a mutant and we don't know know what Wiccan is yet.
    GT-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By GT-Man

OMG! -_-
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Hazlenaut said:
    "

Madame Webb

Wiccan    

"

Storm also has Magical Powers(even though there not tapped in to yet) 
    SpiderGirl isn't a mutant 
    Wiccan i believe is a Mutant
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Thunderscream
    @The Umbra Sorcerer said:  "Storm also has Magical Powers(even though there not tapped in to yet) SpiderGirl isn't a mutant Wiccan i believe is a Mutant "

Storm was a sorceress in a few alternate realities, but i don't believe they've carried that over to 616.
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Thunderscream said:
    " @The Umbra Sorcerer said:  "Storm also has Magical Powers(even though there not tapped in to yet) SpiderGirl isn't a mutant Wiccan i believe is a Mutant " Storm was a sorceress in a few alternate realities, but i don't believe they've carried that over to 616. "

They Have and Haven't if you get what i mean
    AMS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By AMS

Pixie will always be cool no matter what crazy retcon ideas they dream up  <3
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @bleedingheart said:
    " I can't see the purpose of this thread if nothing is going to convince you otherwise. "
    Exactly. This moron just needs attention :P
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@AMS said:
    "Pixie will always be cool no matter what crazy retcon ideas they dream up  <3 "

^ Well stated :D
    Mutant God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mutant God

How can spider girl not be a mutant, her father was a mutate. That means she got her powers from birth and therefore she has an X-gene.

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By PYH000
    @Hazlenaut:@Hazlenaut said:
    "

Madame Webb

Wiccan    

"
    You forgot Magik. Her teleportation is her natural mutant gift.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Thunderscream
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx said:
    " @bleedingheart said:
    " I can't see the purpose of this thread if nothing is going to convince you otherwise. "
    Exactly. This moron just needs attention :P "
    Moron? That's a little harsh, don't you think? I'd steer clear of the name calling, ma'am.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By PrinceIMC

Saying that her faerie side overrules her mutant side makes no sense. She can be both. Perhaps her faerie side influenced her mutant genetics to manifest how they did but they are still genetic mutant powers. Namor and Namora are part Atlantean and part human/mutant, they are clearly not purely Atlantean. Lifeguard and Slipstream are part Shi'ar and part human/mutant, her alien nature may have affected her powers granting her wings but its the mutant power that gave her the wings.
    CellphoneGirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By CellphoneGirl
    @Thunderscream: Lol, i had been in a bad mood that day, my bad :P
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By Thunderscream
    @xxCellPhoneGirlxx: happens to the best of us. no harm done XD
    Lokheit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Lokheit
    @Thunderscream said:

" @The Umbra Sorcerer said:

Technically.....Nightcrawler's father is the biblical "Satan" (although I despise that storyline)  I'm saying that from my perspective, her powers and her origin weigh so much more heavily on the Faerie side.....that discounting the idea that her wings and dust come from her Faerie heritage rather than her "mutancy" just seems silly to me. Yes, her father is a mutant, but that alone doesn't make her a mutant. To me, she is simply a faerie caught up in the mutant agenda, and that doesn't make her any less interesting as a character.  Not hating, just speculating. "
     Nightcrawler dad was azazel but despite stating that he belong to a race of demonic mutants from biblical times (opposed to the race of mutants of angel), I don't remember him stating to be the demon itself    
    karrob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By karrob
    @bleedingheart said:
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Leliel
    " @AMS said:
    "Pixie will always be cool no matter what crazy retcon ideas they dream up  <3 "
    ^ Well stated :D "
    It seems like the X-Gene is only in humans yet we seen aliens with mutant powers, those that mean they have different one?

This also makes me wonder if one could be half-Angel and from the human side get the X-Gene
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Leliel:
    Im Sorry i dont understand you Question? :/
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Leliel
    @The Umbra Sorcerer:  The idea the X-Gene is carry in the human genome mean that any being that were to reproduce with a human could possibly carry an X-Gene granting it an alternative source of power including the one it original possess. If so Pexie is in such a way, both magic by birth and mutant which is by genetic the human-side
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Leliel said:
    " @The Umbra Sorcerer:  The idea the X-Gene is carry in the human genome mean that any being that were to reproduce with a human could possibly carry an X-Gene granting it an alternative source of power including the one it original possess. If so Pexie is in such a way, both magic by birth and mutant which is by genetic the human-side "
    We already established that She is both Magic(her mother) and Mutant(her father) a like a page back.
    Leliel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Leliel
    @The Umbra Sorcerer: I was mentioning the possibilities of being more mutant/hybrids
    The Umbra Sorcerer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Leliel: Ahhh Okay Understandable then.
    PrinceIMC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By PrinceIMC

There are even mutant Skrulls who have abilities beyond the shapeshifting. Xavier left the planet for a while to train them.
    Thunderscream

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Thunderscream

to all that responded, i've accepted Megan as a mutant, just didn't like the initial idea.

Cytorrak

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Cytorrak
    @Thunderscream: She is a Mutant but her Mother Is a Fairy Her father Is Matermind that is where she gets her illusion powers "Pixie Dust" from Her Mother is what gives her latent Magical abiltiy But Illyana took a piece of her soul which allowed her to use Dark magic as well Her Wings im not sure about Them Her Mother hasn't Got wings so they may very well be another Mutant power of hers  So she is Half Mutant Half Fairy Cerebra/Cerebro identified her as a Mutant so she is one  Btw Just because she has Fairy wings doesn't Make her a Fairy  Angel has Angelic wings does than mean he comes from heaven.........No NightCrawler Looks like a deamon Does it make him one............No
    Actually, Nightcrawler does belong to a "sub-species" of demonic mutants, and Angel belongs to a "sub-species" of angelic mutants, each supposedly being who the Biblical angels and demons were based on:

http://www.comicvine.com/neyaphem/65-45565/

Angel's sub-species were called the cheyarafim, but there's so little information about them even their comicvine article appears to have been deleted.

I get OP's point though, which of her powers is her mutant power? The pixie dust? She is a faerie, that is why she has the wings and the ears and pink hair and such. The teleportation is a magical spell. The soul dagger was also created through magic. What is her mutant power, exactly?

With Namor, it's more obvious. It's the wings on his ankles. Namora and Namorita have them, but they're related to him. The other Atlanteans don't have them. That's his mutation, flight.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.