Follow

Pikachu

Character » Pikachu appears in 337 issues.

Pikachu is an Electric-type Pokémon. Pikachu is one of the most recognizable Pokémon in Generations I-VI. Pikachu is mostly well known for his Thunderbolt like tail and his polka dotted cheeks. Pikachu is owned by Ash Ketchum.

Pikachu alternate evolution

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#1  Edited By Hazlenaut

There has been talk of evolving Ash’s Pikachu and being bothered that he does not evolve to Raichu so I have to ask the obvious what if Pikachu has an alternate evolution.

BlueArrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By BlueArrow

No...

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Hazlenaut

@BlueArrow: is that a no on ash's pikachu evolving or on the idea of there being alternate evolution

icysloth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By icysloth

They are never gong to evolve pikachu

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

No, there's no alternate evolution, no they won't ever evolve him. The evolutionary line for Pikachu is Pichu, Pikachu, Raichu. No other possibilities, as far as I know. Maybe they changed something in the latest generation, I haven't been keeping up with my Pokemon. But evolving Pikachu would involve taking risks, it would only happen after a drastic change to Ash's character. In order for Pikachu to evolve, Ash himself would have to grow up some. That itself would also involve taking risks with the franchise, allowing the characters to grow rather than just take it to the newest landmass and Pokemon. If they ever did make a spin off version of the Pokemon show, perhaps like Ben 10: Ultimate Alien, with a slightly older Ash, I expect the pilot would involve Ash getting his rear handed him to him and Pikachu being so outmatched he has to evolve.

... I need to stop thinking about this. I'm starting to want to see something like that.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Hazlenaut

They did take a risk by making Team Rocket badass again. They are finally dodging Pikachu electricity. A Legendary Pokémon who drained Pikachu. They put in 4 attacks only system which makes me angry at those whiners who wanted that. The latest season has a lot of controversy both good and bad.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Hazlenaut

I got an idea his alternate evolution would be an electric and normal type. Inorder to evolve he has be in a special land.

@JonSmith: I think it is need if to deeper on Pikachu philosophy. He feels that evolving just to win dishonors the Pikachu species. He has shown how tough a Pikachu can be. There were plenty of people insulted ash’s Pikachu calling it not suited for fighting some of them defeated ash, but they all learn the hard way that Pikachu is not to be taken lightly. After he proves that Pikachus should not be belittled what is his next step. Pikachu is like his trainer so he takes the harder path so evolution would be harder path if he chooses to.

The angle you are going for is the same method Medabots during the fight the kilobots and when you look at it you see why you don’t want that. It belittles the growth he has been through.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.