Follow

Phyla-Vell

Character » Phyla-Vell appears in 206 issues.

Phyla is daughter of Mar-Vell. After her death, she was eventually replaced on Earth-616 with a variant of herself from a dead universe.

Phyla-Vell casting ideas? Bg info? Cinematic universe

Avatar image for guardiansofthegalaxymarvelfan
    GuardiansoftheGalaxymarvelfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

She'd definitely be an interesting character to explore in the cinematic universe. A few actresses come to mind when I think of who could possibly pull it off, Charlize Theron, Sienna Miller, Emilia Clarke and Jennifer Lawrence. It would be cool to see Lawrence go alongside the Guardians, and the dynamic between her and Cooper would be cool to add on to the movie. Any ideas?

Also, I'm in need of more info on why Phyla/Quasar is especially important to the 2008 version of the Guardians, and how she meets Star-Lord, Gamora, etc. I looked up much as I could about her I know that she knows Drax's daughter (Moondragon) and how she's able to connect to Drax herself because of it. It could be cool to have an idea of how she could fit into the cinematic universe if probable in future movies.

No Caption Provided

greenlucario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By greenlucario

Basically she meets Star-Lord and Drax in the 2006 event Annihilation. They are all working together as a part of the resistance. Her and Gamora despite both being in the resistance have no interaction whatsoever during the event. Phyla and the others have no interactions until the 2007/2008 event Annihilation Conquest where again they fight as a resistance force but not all together (Drax and Gamora don't show up until the final battle). After the event Star-Lord gathers her, Gamora, Drax, Adam Warlock, Rocket Raccoon, Groot, and Mantis to create the Guardians of the Galaxy and solve the problem of space and time coming undone.

She played a role as an energy manipulator earlier in the GotG series and her role decreased over time. She had a major role in Annihilation Conquest and a smaller one in the preceding Annihilation event.

I would like to also see her in the movies, I thought she was a great character in the first half of the GotG series.

I highly recommend that you read the events and the subsequent Guardians volume if you're interested in the character, some of the best material I've read. Comixology has both events, the entire Guardians series, and the Quasar mini series that focuses on what Phyla is doing between the two Annihilation events.

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.