Follow

Phoenix Force

Character » Phoenix Force appears in 1616 issues.

A powerful cosmic entity, an immortal being representing the Life-Death-Rebirth cycle, all current and future life, and is the nexus of all psychic energy ever to have existed, to exist or will exist. It has, at times, chosen a host to live within, granting the vessel nigh-omnipotent power. It has the power to create or destroy anything, or everything. The Phoenix has had various hosts, but the most well known and frequent host is the mortal mutant Jean Grey.

The Phoenix rant

• 57 results
    Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@ithinkitwasyou: When did Selene get teleportation abilities?

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 3

#52  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Squares: It's a common magic spell, and Selene is a sorceress who has been around since the dawn of man.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
    deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@ithinkitwasyou: Okay then. Thanks!

ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@Squares: no problem.

Avatar image for lordofallhumans
    LordOfAllHumans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By LordOfAllHumans
    @Squares said:

@LordOfAllHumans: ithinkitwasyou was right about one thing, at least- there WERE holes in your story. You admitted it yourself.

@RainEffect: What reason would she have for joining Wolverine? She doesn't want to join a school, she doesn't want to be given a particularly structured lifestyle and she isn't much interested in learning.

there are holes in the story period, which is why what happened can even be seen from another view point, Maddie was retconned, which I stated pretty early on in this exchange.
    ithinkitwasyou

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By ithinkitwasyou

@LordOfAllHumans: just looked at your page. very clear why you're a madelyne pryor hater. cause you're a jean grey stan. No madelyne was not retconned out. Steven grant was fired never to work for marvel again shortly after his EXTREMELY short run with X-Man, and the title was canceled shortly after that.

@Squares: There are no holes in my argument. take a look at this blog when you get a chance http://www.comicvine.com/myvine/ithinkitwasyou/madelyne-pryor-clearing-up-the-confusion/87-75098/

WeaponX619

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#57  Edited By WeaponX619

@Postacrat said:

@GREGalicious: You know one thing I will agree with that you pointed out is her love interest, IMO logan would have made a better fit. I myself seen a stronger connection between those two than the apparently forced relationship between her and Cyclops. It was almost like the writers created a fascade where on one end they wanted 'us" the reader to respect the relationship between Scott and Jean, and on the other end they really made her for Logan. Truth is Jean would have been a much more likable character with Wolverine as her love interests, I always felt Scott made her weak. However that's the benefit of the doubt, in my reality I hate Jean Grey and Cyclops and the whole damn over powered bloodline. Never before have I seen such emphasis on making insignificant people matter, the time traveling, the reality misplaced children etc. Hell I have a hard time seeing how how cyclops contributes to any of it, most of his children all inherit the powers of the mother, unless you look at his power from a kenetic aspect, He isn't even omega level like Jean so what's so perfect about his loines? I came up watching/reading the x-men, and I'm sorry Jean was never that great to me in fact didn't she use to pass out anytime she lifted a desk with her mind? Seems like people are trying to compensate for her lack of power prior to joining with the pheonix force, by making her always as powerful as the pheonix force even before she got it but she was just holding back blah.....and her personality is typical, Storm has more of a break out persona than Jean. Cliche..

*Shakes Hand*

This edit will also create new pages on Comic Vine for:

Beware, you are proposing to add brand new pages to the wiki along with your edits. Make sure this is what you intended. This will likely increase the time it takes for your changes to go live.

Comment and Save

Until you earn 1000 points all your submissions need to be vetted by other Comic Vine users. This process takes no more than a few hours and we'll send you an email once approved.